What's Your Smoking Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeluv1010

May 28, 2015
Just curious About fellow vapers out there. What is you Story about vaping?

Mines: I started smoking Black And Milds every now and then at 15 then smoked cigerattes right before i turned 16 i was a pack every 3 or 4 days then it ended up being a pack every 2 days. Then one day picked up an ego . Soon after got my hands on a alantis v1 and a cf sub ohm battery the awesome carbon fiber one that alantis one(good times). Now im 18 stopped smoking very much and very rarely have a cig every now and then with a beer or two. (Yes i know im underage) never gotten drunk tho pushing 40 hrs a week just makes u sometimes but hey i never will go back to those stinkies anymore like i used to. Glad i left them and vaping has saved my lungs or any problems in the future i couldve had. Glad i changed over Didnt mean to blab so much Sorry guys haha

TheVapingKitty

Dec 23, 2015
I'm not one of those vapers who got into vaping coz of wanting to quit smoking. I guess I just fell into it when I came across tons and tons of articles about it? Back when shisha was still popular, no one really talked about vaping much but I kind of knew shisha wasn't really my thing so I tried to stay away as much as possible. Haha. But I did have groups of friends who love shisha-ing to death that they would keep asking me to join them. Anyway, curiosity led me into trying vaping and here I am, enjoying every moment of it. Being a non-smoker, I vape on 0mg juices and am more of a flavour person than a cloud chaser.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I started smoking in 1975, at the tender age of not-quite-14. I tried 4 times to quit smoking, with very little success: in 1984, a cold-turkey attempt lasted 3 months, before I could not stand the suffering another minute and started smoking again. In 1987, I became pregnant with my son, and tried very hard to quit smoking, but succeeded only in cutting down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day. In the following years, I tried twice more, using the patch, and neither attempt lasted much more than a week before I simply could not stand it another minute, and went back to smoking. I can attest from personal experience that "the patch" simply does not work, because merely replacing the nicotine is the smallest fraction of what is required to make a non-smoker out of a smoker.

By January of 2014, I had lost all hope of ever quitting cigarettes, despite having watched my father die of lung cancer in 2006; I had no interest whatever in the suffering which I believed was required in order to quit smoking. However, we were in the middle of the coldest winter in 30 years, and as an outdoors-only smoker, I was sick of freezing to death just to satisfy my habit, so I became interested in electronic cigarettes -- e-cigarettes. None of the drugstore disposables I tried --Fin, Njoy, and Blu-- were even slightly tolerable, so I grew angry enough at the weather and my stupid habit and those extremely lame e-cigarettes, and went to Google, to find more information about e-cigarettes; what I discovered was a whole new world: ECF.

When I came here, I began learning about all the many kinds of hardware, as well as all the different vendors of both hardware and ejuice. Starting around the 1st of February 2014, using one of the "cig-a-like" devices on a regular basis, my smoking declined from about 15-20 per day to just 2 or 3, and by the end of February the actual cigarettes tasted so extremely, bitterly foul to me, that on February 27 I smoked my last, and on February 28, 2014, I enjoyed my first smoke-free 24 hours in 39 years (I refuse to count the 3-month cold-turkey quit, because I certainly didn't enjoy that!), savoring my e-cigarette and barely noticing the lack of cigarettes.

In June of 2014, I suffered a brief relapse, a month-long smoke-break, after an appendectomy, but on July 25 I returned to smoke-free; over 17 months later, I am STILL smoke-free, thanks to vaping.

Andria

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
I've always had asthma but it got very serious when I was about 8-9. I was put into the ER and told my left lung has collapsed and my right lung was almost collapsed as well..

Fast forward 4-5 years I started smoking (ironic, funny in a way and very stupid) I started smoking with friends and I thought I was just a regular billy bad boy. From there it went to 1 pack a day and then 2 packs but I dropped back down to a pack a day.

Ended up watching a live stream on stickam (wayyyyy back) and got hooked from there. Started with cartons and 801s then 510 bloogs then egos and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread