Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome. I had to giggle because everyone does it their own way. And really there is no right or wrong way. Personally, I have a mod vv and carto-tanks and hit it like I did when I smoked. I alternate because I have more than one, so if one happens to heat up a little, I just switch to another one. I use 12mg so I can vape all I want and not over nic myself. But that is just me and how I do it. Plus I have several all day vapes so I never get too tired of the same taste.

:)

DRIFTMUNKY

Sep 17, 2013
santa paula
Sugar_and_Spice:10728455 said:
Welcome. I had to giggle because everyone does it their own way. And really there is no right or wrong way. Personally, I have a mod vv and carto-tanks and hit it like I did when I smoked. I alternate because I have more than one, so if one happens to heat up a little, I just switch to another one. I use 12mg so I can vape all I want and not over nic myself. But that is just me and how I do it. Plus I have several all day vapes so I never get too tired of the same taste.

Oh yeah yeah I figured everyone has there own method I was just curious on how other people go about it. And yeah I need to get another decent setup to switch from time to time. Pretty soon though. I'm digging my current setup (k100 and PT2) its doing its job....for now. Lol

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I love this post. It made me laugh when I read that people smoke cigarettes by just straight sucking on it because I had no idea that some people actually did that. I always thought that method pertained to smoking "something else." Love these forums :p

Where do you think all the old 'hippies' went. LOL my bad....:facepalm:

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Well, last thread about this topic started a huge argument if I remember correctly, but I'll still chime in with my two cents.

As others have said, there's no real right or wrong way, the link Caridwen posted is the 'proper' way to maximize nicotine absorption based upon various studies (presumably), but I still do the straight lung-inhale like it was an analog. I get my nic, it feels more natural (was never a cigar smoker, which probably explains why I can't get used to the 'proper' method), and I see no reason to change. Also as Vapo Jam said, some devices require different techniques for one reason or another, my Evods I tend to force myself to do a mouth inhale just to get a decent amount of vapor, but my RDAs I take straight to the lungs, hold for a few, and still exhale massive clouds.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Another thing I wanted to add.
Has anyone ever tried or used cigarettes that are made in the UK? I have(and sure many here have done so too). The cigarettes across the pond are much stronger than what we get here in the US. Therefore, I think it is safe to say, our members there are used to a much larger dose of nic than we are here in the US.
And also, at the end of the page, he does state that each individual has their own way of vaping. The only true test is the user and what works for them..(paraphrasing)

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I stand on my head stick my APV in my backside and squeeze my thighs when I need a hit. I get the best vape ever! Except for the sudden increase in hemorrhoids, eyes bulging out slightly and dollar bills placed in my pants it has been the best smoking cessation method on the planet... the dollars do help me buy more juice though.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I started out like many others have in the beginning... Big draw, deep inhale into the lungs, try not to cough and exhale fairly forcibly like I was smoking a cig quickly followed by another... (wash-rinse-repeat). Nowadays though, I've gotten way more "casual" I guess you can call it. A slow draw to give the atomizer time to work, hold it for a second or two and enjoy the taste and feel the silkiness of the vapor, very shallow inhale... just enough to hit the top of the lungs and slowly exhale letting it "roll" out over the tongue to taste it again usually broken up by a few vapor rings. Yeah... I REALLY enjoy my vaping!

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
I love this post. It made me laugh when I read that people smoke cigarettes by just straight sucking on it because I had no idea that some people actually did that. I always thought that method pertained to smoking "something else." Love these forums :p

Ditto, there is no way in heck I'd be able to inhale cig smoke directly into my lungs.

ohh EPiC FAiL

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, MO
with sub ohm coils(typically ~.4 ohms) i do a couple quick puffs to get it heated up then a quick direct inhale, resulting in plumes of vapor. i don't use sub ohm all that often though. typically i am using ~1.2 ohm micro coil which i do a couple quick puffs to get it heated up, then take a 3-4 second draw, inhale through my nose to take it to my lungs then exhaling through my nose while continuing another 2-3 second draw and inhaling/exhaling it from my mouth. makes it quite easy to make a noticeable haze in the room after a few minutes.

Just wondering how most people go about vaping. Do you smoke it like a cigarette or more like a hookah? Just wondering? I kinda have been doing a combo of both. I find I get a better taste.
Thanks

I would say more like a Hookah, but it really depends on the type of atomizer, clearomizer, catomizer, carto tank, RBA, RDA, etc you are using.

Sometimes I gotts suck hard for like nine seconds to get a decent hit with decent vape, other atomizers don't require as much time, so it just depends.

The only ones that I was able to hit like a cigarette or similar to a cigarette are those disposable NJOY e-cigs I started off with at 7-11.

-Malazan

Pathogenius

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
BC
Hi, well myself I'm about a month into this new fangled vaping thing, and I am very comfortable using a basic ego with a protankII on it for 12mg tobacco juice (which I hope to make a RipTrippers style ss/coil/cotton setup on someday), and a couple of mechs with immortalizer drippers that I make coils for and so far am liking DSV 6mg sweet type juice on those.

SO on the protankII for now its mouth to lung with the 12mg and its a bit soft on nic to be honest that way but tasty enough, and on the mechs its straight to lung with the 6mg and a few times a day I will do a *FULL* draw off of it and on exhale feel like I am drowning for just a brief instant for lols... and yea the taste is pretty fun!:2cool:

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried or used cigarettes that are made in the UK? I have(and sure many here have done so too). The cigarettes across the pond are much stronger than what we get here in the US. Therefore, I think it is safe to say, our members there are used to a much larger dose of nic than we are here in the US.
And also, at the end of the page, he does state that each individual has their own way of vaping. The only true test is the user and what works for them..(paraphrasing)

When I was smoking analogs I had a friend who used that Grizzly tobacco that you place between your lower lip and teeth. If I put a large amount it was like 20 times stronger than a cigarette for me lol. My heart would start racing I would start panting and I would have to spit the crap out! haha

-Malazan

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I am very familiar with European cigarettes as I used to smoke them--in my previous life on the other side of the pond. They are much stronger than American cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread