Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I own 4 Buzz's and love them. I also have notcigs' Infinity (2 of them and they are fantastic as well). Mike at notcigs has a great reputation and stands behind his work. You won't go wrong with either of these 2 models.

As far as the Provari, I just ordered it, so to be able to compare them against each other is out of the question right now.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have both the Buzz & Provari and both are quality PV's and both pretty much vape the same in my opinion. The Provari has a couple of features more then the Buzz with its LED screen, if it's important for you to have this feature then I would say buy the Provari and pay a bit more, however you can also spend a bit less with the Buzz and get the same vape and check all the same features as the Provari lets you do by using a meter. I'm using both on a daily basis and like I stated there both quality PV's that give a great vape especially when you ad a VapeMate to the top of either unit.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
In its defense the provari does have more features than just checking the ohms on the go, it has some safety features and uses a single battery which is kind of cool. I like its design minus the logo and it has on/off options.

That being said I have neither and appreciate the function of both...I just don't go that high in wattage to need those things.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I also own both devices,would not part with either!! That said Buzz very light takes 2 batteries learning curve to adjusting voltage fond the chart they have on sight to be adequate.Provarie heavier 1 battery easy to adjust.Like that it also reads atty/carto ohms.The buzz is cheaper if $ is the factor.If either of mine broke i would replace.
Provape are awesome folks to deal with.I use to have the provape and know 1'st hand they will take care of any problems.From what iv'e heard you can expect the same service frpm cignot.
Either device is a good choice!!!!

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Provari just overall makes you happy.

ProvariandMap.jpg

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I have both the Buzz & Provari and both are quality PV's and both pretty much vape the same in my opinion. The Provari has a couple of features more then the Buzz with its LED screen, if it's important for you to have this feature then I would say buy the Provari and pay a bit more, however you can also spend a bit less with the Buzz and get the same vape and check all the same features as the Provari lets you do by using a meter. I'm using both on a daily basis and like I stated there both quality PV's that give a great vape especially when you ad a VapeMate to the top of either unit.

A couple questions for you:

How does the Buzz & ProVari compare in size?

How does the juice well on the Buzz compare with the ProVari?

I ask because I owned a couple Buzz's and the juice well was an occasional problem for me. The size was a bit big for me too. That said, I did have fun playing with the variable voltage. But (for me) the fun did not outweigh the size and the juice well sepage.

Paula

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
The single battery design on the provari is enough of a bonus to get the provari alone. I don't have a buzz but I have a jokerav. I believe they are very similar in construction. The battery options are limited to 800mah or so on my joker. The regulator steps voltage down from 6v to whatever you have it set. This works well but there is a drop off once the combined voltage drops below your set voltage. The provari steps voltage up with no drop off and shuts off once min safe voltage is reached. Also allows for higher mah ratings. Money is the only issue. I think as a device provari wins every time. All of the other features are just icing.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
The single battery design on the provari is enough of a bonus to get the provari alone. I don't have a buzz but I have a jokerav. I believe they are very similar in construction. The battery options are limited to 800mah or so on my joker. The regulator steps voltage down from 6v to whatever you have it set. This works well but there is a drop off once the combined voltage drops below your set voltage. The provari steps voltage up with no drop off and shuts off once min safe voltage is reached. Also allows for higher mah ratings. Money is the only issue. I think as a device provari wins every time. All of the other features are just icing.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I have the ProVape-1 and love it. It is a solid performer, excellent construction, easy to use and maintain. I will put the ProVari on my wish list :) That is saying a lot for me. I do not have a vv on my wish list. I think the ProVari would be something I would use and enjoy every day.

Thanks again,
Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread