Status
Not open for further replies.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
tight draw. You'll notice it start to not work as well. It wont hit as warm and the vapor production will drop

You can always boil them when you think there about done for. then get all the water out dry them and keep them in a bag to the side for emergencies. Then just move onto a new carto. No waste.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
You'll taste a harsh plastic or burnt taste. Or the carto will be hard to draw on due to clogging. Those are the 2 easiest ways I have found. But yes taste and proformance will always drop. Sometimes a good cleaning will help with the clogging or other strange taste but the burnt taste is definitely time to get a new carto.
Hopefully this will help you out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
If you are using dark colored juices, they don't last very long, I find. If I can see through the bottle, I can usually get 30 mils or so before they get tight on me. I don't bother trying to clean them as the Boge F16s are about a buck apiece. If I get a burned taste, I immediately replace them, they don't taste good and usually start to leak through the connector pretty soon thereafter. Good luck and have fun!

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
How many of you have boil-cleaning your cartos as an active part of your routine? Boiling then keeping as back up is what I do. Also, do any of you occasionally blow out the carto from the drip tip end, working to get dark/burnt/gunky juice out? I find this rejuvenates the carto for a while. But you have to either do this with the carto out of the tank, or else tip the tank so that the holes or slots are uncovered by juice and not able to draw juice in and flood the carto rather than eject old juice.

While on the subject, and yes I've posted this before but ... I use thin (75/25 pg) juice and smoktech cartos. To get a saturated vape, I need to put a big ole gash (slot) in the carto with a dremmel cutting disc. Folks on here say that will lead to flooding, but I never get flooding unless I sqonk too much. It just works great for me. Is this just a spooky your mileage may vary thing or what?

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
How many of you have boil-cleaning your cartos as an active part of your routine? Boiling then keeping as back up is what I do. Also, do any of you occasionally blow out the carto from the drip tip end, working to get dark/burnt/gunky juice out? I find this rejuvenates the carto for a while. But you have to either do this with the carto out of the tank, or else tip the tank so that the holes or slots are uncovered by juice and not able to draw juice in and flood the carto rather than eject old juice.

While on the subject, and yes I've posted this before but ... I use thin (75/25 pg) juice and smoktech cartos. To get a saturated vape, I need to put a big ole gash (slot) in the carto with a dremmel cutting disc. Folks on here say that will lead to flooding, but I never get flooding unless I sqonk too much. It just works great for me. Is this just a spooky your mileage may vary thing or what?
Back when I was first getting into this hobby, I was the "designated carto cleaner" in my household. At the time, we were using Blu's and cleaning/refilling them was an economical alternative to buying prefilled from the vendor.

I got a "cleaning kit" that consisted of a 10cc luer lock syringe and various tips and adaptors to connect to the cartos. The best tool that I found was a hard plastic attachment that was threaded for the syringe at one end and a 510 thread at the other. I would rinse and plunge the cartos repeatedly in hot water, shake out the excess and then stand them up on my desk next to the output vents for my laptop to let them dry over a couple of days (the warm and dry air from the PC heat was able to gently heat the cartos and dry them well).

Now that I am using carto-tanks and with cartos being $1-2 a pop, I've not done any cleaning/rinsing of them, but still do it for my wife's XXL MegaCartos (to extend their life). I have a collection of Blu cartos, and found that they are a great way to easily sample (with existing hardware, I don't have any dripping atomizers) those little 3ml samples that some vendors toss into e-liquid orders.

Wow, did I ramble or what? Basically, I am saying that I can (and do) rinse/wash/clean some cartos, others I just toss, depending on my personal perception of what it economical and worth the effort. It can be a way to save money, but it is up to the individual to decide if the effort and outcome is worth the "savings".

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
well i have a Vaporin Brand Vaporizer and the way know the cartridges is empty is beacuse the cigarette stops producing vapor, or doesnt make as much as vapor as it used to be.

A lot of the little cigalikes save it when they stop making vapor they're done but usually well before that you'll get burnt tasted very strong very harsh burnt taste. I know the one my wife got me from a truck stop says that on the packaging. you'll know it's empty when it stops producing vapor but well before that point it's unusable because of the burnt taste.
Also says "equal to 6 packs of cigarettes" and came with 2 cartomizers. I counted the puffs, drags., whatever and it was 215 for a full cartomizer where a was getting 20 - 25 from an American Spirit (Blue) so ya...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread