When did Fasttech start taking Bitcoins [only] for a purchase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I was going to order a 5-pack of authentic Aspire BVC coil heads from fasttech and they do not allow me to order this item using PayPal anymore ... Says Bitcoin or Gift Certificate only.

What's the deal here ? ? ?

Here is the link to the Aspire coil heads from fasttech I was going to order:
$6.06 Authentic Aspire BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It reads this about half-way down the webpage > >

Important information and restrictions:

This item can only be purchased via Bitcoin (XBT) or gift certificates (store credits).

Bitcoin is secure and popular.
First time using Bitcoin? Click here to get started within minutes.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Not sure how accurate this is but here a a quote by a member on the link I posted.

"Aspire has petitioned PayPal to disallow it's use as a payment gateway for non-authorized distributors of aspire products.

FT is not an authorized aspire distributor because FT does not generally agree to Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) imposed by some suppliers/manufacturers."

Reactions: Robino1

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Read the link posted and one of the posts states in part: Aspire has petitioned PayPal to disallow it's use as a payment gateway for non-authorized distributors of aspire products.

FT is not an authorized aspire distributor because FT does not generally agree to Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) imposed by some suppliers/manufacturers.

The suggestion further is to buy a gift certificate and use the GC to purchase the item.

I don't shop with Paypal nor do I shop at FT so not sure how to do this. Someone else may.

Reactions: Izan

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
To be able to sell E-cigs with PayPal as a payment option you would have to be pre-approved by PayPal. PayPal
It's funny how these Chinese companies seem to be getting approval when others are not and that they will listen to e-cig companies who petition for PayPal to disallow it's use as a payment gateway.
It has more to do with where the company selling ecig gear. Out of the states, more companies are ok selling ecig stuff. Inside the US and maybe even Canada(?), no. Depends on the climate regarding regulations and tobacco.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Looks like Paypal doesn't like to play with Fastech any longer.
I don't know what the deal is, maybe someone else does.

I addressed this in the fast tech thread to end all fast tech thread..
I'm expecting some authentic aspire coils and a silicon sleeve for one of my minis
tomorrow (fingers crossed for vapemail) that I paid for with Paypal 2 and a half weeks ago.

But I've run into the above stated problem and this is what a FT customer service chick told me candidly.
Sometimes FT takes the authentication code off in order to sell some items cheaper.
If an (authentic) Aspire product has the authentication code then one may pay with PP.
If it is an Aspire product but lacks the code one can't.

The problem is that PP due to it's money back guarantee
doesn't wanna be responsible for items which may be returned or a claim filed for
because they can't be verified as authentic.

Hopefully I'm not being redundant due to somebody else down the thread
explaining what's up. But, yea everybody is playing nice.

Regards,
Hazy

Edit: However I see that Aspire has petitioned FT..ETC
but again, I just bought authentic Aspire. The gift card or credit suggestion works.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I would be very careful on that... was that a real Fasttech site? and just how much of a bit coin were they asking for?
Bitcoin is comparable to Kugerands ... kinda like 1 bitcoin = 300$ and from what Ive read, its a real pain in the patootie to set it up and use... lots of people are getting ripped of their bitcoins and there is absolutley no way to protect yourself from the loss...

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I would be very careful on that... was that a real Fasttech site? and just how much of a bit coin were they asking for?
Bitcoin is comparable to Kugerands ... kinda like 1 bitcoin = 300$ and from what Ive read, its a real pain in the patootie to set it up and use... lots of people are getting ripped of their bitcoins and there is absolutley no way to protect yourself from the loss...
I recall one guy saying they wanted a pix of his driver's license in order to accept a CC.
Turned out it wasn't really fast tech so you have a point. Now-a-days one must take care.
I don't even use a real CC for orders in the States. I use a virtual card
'cause two of my cards got jacked by a vape merchant.
One got used to buy an 800 dollar laptop on newegg
but since I have an account there I was notified..they didn't have my password.
The other card got used to buy smokes numerous times in Maryland. Had to contest those 50 bucks worth of smokes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread