When do you re-charge the batteries on 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antha

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Southeast Michigan
I was wondering if you are supposed to run the battery down completely and then re-charge it, or if you can charge it before its completely depleted.

I know with some electronics, you can mess up the battery if you re-charge before the battery is completely drained, so I was wondering this about the Joye 510. Anyone know the answer?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Not peculiar to just 510 batts.... any li ion, lipo:

Do and don't battery table

"Do charge the battery often. The battery lasts longer with partial rather than full discharges."

Charging lithium-ion batteries

"Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days."

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
they're so annoying because there is no warning before they die out. my vapor production weakens like two puffs before they die and i'm sitting wondering "ok is it the batteries? did the atty flood? is the atty dry? do the carts need to be re-filled or topped?" and next thing i know the battery is blinking. damn. =__+

Personally I consider that to be a benefit. They're pretty strong right up till the end. I'd rather have that than a battery that slowly trails off... giving marginal performance during the last portions of the charge. I'm an "all or nothing" kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread