When will I know my carto is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_lobsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I've been using the same carto on my ProVari since I got it - about 3 weeks ago. To me it still tastes alright. It is sitting in a tank.

When I do the Atomizer Ohm check from the device it still reads 3.0 - same as when I first starting vaping on it. Will that Ao reading slowly get lower? Is that how I know it's time to change the carto?

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Cartos last quite a bit longer in a tank. My J-tank is filled with AVE PG Hype and the Boge 3.0 has been going at least three weeks. Out of a tank, I'd be lucky to get a week out of it...

As Lisa said, when it doesn't vape well anymore, it's done. It either tastes burnt (which can also happen because it's not getting enough liquid as well), or it gets clogged and the draw gets very tight, or it just doesn't produce adequate vapor anymore. They're cheap enough to toss when any of those things starts happening, IMO.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Thanks! But is it normal to see the Ao meter drop on your ProVari after extended use of a carto?
Did that make any sense?
I'm just curious if that meter is a good way to check the life of the carto, I guess.

The resistance of the coil tends to increase as it's vaped, but honestly it's all over the place. I check mine regularly, and a carto that's reading 2.6 in the morning might read 2.8 at night, then it might get as high as 3.0 as it ages, then drop again, etc. That's the advantage of a variable-wattage device over a variable-voltage device like the Provari -- but there's only one VW PV on the market, the Darwin, and I don't care for its form factor. As it stands, resistance doesn't change that wildly, but it will vary as it's vaped.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I always use the tank cartos, and I've never actually had one die on me.. When the draw gets too tight (you're putting to much effort into it to get the vapor out) I just replace it. I use 70PG/30VG to try and avoid the carto getting clogged, but it eventually happens.. usually about 3-4 weeks. I had some 100% VG (JC ROTC) and it clogged up within 9-10 days.. Heavy juice (usually the darker colors) will clog much quicker than a light colored PG (or PG/VG) liquid, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread