When your Batteries Fail... The Newest USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Just say screw it and make yourself a USB MAGNUM!!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 397
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 274

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
Now if I can just get my hands on one of those (cough) tobacco Hookas.. I want to make an E-Hooka.

see below. it works, kinda. Intellicig EVO sealed to the top with electrical taped

by the way, they generally are used for tobacco smoking

Attachments

• Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Photo 7.jpg
    Photo 7.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
There's two main issues as far as I can see:

Tobacco smoke from the shisha is normally pulled through the downstem and then hangs about in the chamber after being bubbled (because chambers are big and it has more great distance to travel before reaching the end of the hose. This is fine for tobacco smoke because it's lighter than air, hot and doesn't condense or dissipate readily but e-vapor tends to sink into the water and condense at the sides.

The other thing is that some components of the vapor dissolve in the water. It also looks a bit stupid!

Possible alterations:

Shorter hose
Less water
Shorter downstem
Move flavourful e-liquid

I have much larger hookahs but the problems are even worse with them.

Ideally, you could have a small bowl full of liquid (heavily diluted) with an atomiser quit different from current ones. The air is drawn such that it lowers pressure in the bowl and draws air and liquid into the atomiser, which vaporises the liquid and then sends it on its merry way into the downstem. It would need work, but it would be absolutely cool if it worked. The pressure sensor would be after the water stage (e.g. at the bottom of the hose, so that the liquid was heated by the time the negative pressure started to pull at the vaporised liquid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread