• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where are all the Canadian Vaping Veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
I went back to the beginning of the posts in this section all the way to post 1366 when this sub forum started.

There were a lot of user names I didn't recognize and a few that I did.

A lot of the people who used to post just aren't around here anymore.

What happened to them? Where did they go?

And if they are still around - why aren't they posting here?

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Then, I will ask the 2 of you . . .

As veterans of vaping in Canada - how have things changed since 2009 on this sub forum?

More political? Not political enough? Friendlier? Un-friendlier?

Or is it same old, same old, same questions over and over again.

You know - that kind of stuff.

So many are no longer around here - I'm curious as to why.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
The forum evolves with the addition of new members, the changes in hardware and the availability of that which we want(juice for example).
I myself can be active for a while and then take a break for a few weeks, sometimes months.
I have found my groove as it were with hardware and liquid and am stocked for the next 10-12 months so I haven't acquired anything new that I am researching or trying out at the moment, hence I haven't been very active discussing shipping, hardware or vendors since I am not current with those.
The only "new" item I actually purchased so far this year was a shipment of juice from juicyclear when they first opened, and am glad to hear that they will be reopening:toast:
I still browse the forum every few days, but have been busy doing hardware upgrades on family computers and reinstalls.
Add to that looking after the wife and 3 very active kids, sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day. May life never slow down:laugh:

I imagine with others it is a similar story, or they went into business for themselves, or moved on to another hobby ect.

All the best, happy vaping,
Wing

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Ditto here.....

I seem to be more active on the forum in winter months when property (small farm) demands aren't so ummm demanding ?! lol, as well as other seasonal interests/hobbies. Add to that a long ongoing lawsuit coming to a head, and it pulls me to only be quick skimming the forum with the odd comment here & there.

I'm also finding the new releases (aside from juices), don't really interest me after playing the "I gotta have that" game for a few years now and am settled in my hardware choices ........ so far, hehe.

It's forums(s) norm, that vets dwindle off as the new members (full of enthusiasm and excited with the latest & greatest), take over the conversations. No Biggy ! it is what it is and brings new flavour to those reading. We've seen older vets returning now and again either selling their older wears (or things they never took to), then start posting for a while once again until the next course of interest pulls them away once again.

Won't be all that long from now that others (newbs) will find the same thing happens to them I think, that is, unless you/they are the sort to dive into the social sub forums and latch on for life, lol.

Live & Let Live, I say.... yet ECF will always be around to offer a homebase to those wanting or needing to return when time allows.

Peace & VapeOn,
Greg

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
I'm also finding the new releases (aside from juices), don't really interest me after playing the "I gotta have that" game for a few years now and am settled in my hardware choices ........ so far, hehe.

Peace & VapeOn,
Greg

Curious what you settled on for hardware.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Ian you are not a veteran!!! Or maybe you are? I am guessing you will be soon with the amount of posts you have made!

In true forum terms, a veteran is a member who has been on the forums for over a year. Ian's got a ways to go in the true sense of the word. Age, number of posts or military designation has nothing to do with it. :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Dusty I consider you a veteran!

LOL.. I consider myself an enlightened "Super Member", but thanks for the compliment D&P. I'll be a true veteran in July. Almost there!!

I wonder if they hand out togas and laurels to the veterans at vape meets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread