Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Are there any TC mods that DONT have the option to use wattage? Im on my third TC mod in 2 years, and Ive still not once used TC on any of them. Maybe its nice but eh, Ive been making basically the same setup for 3 years now, and it works just fine setting it to 20w. No need to go buy yet another spool of wire and have to relearn how to setup my mods based on temperature.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Are there any TC mods that DONT have the option to use wattage? Im on my third TC mod in 2 years, and Ive still not once used TC on any of them. Maybe its nice but eh, Ive been making basically the same setup for 3 years now, and it works just fine setting it to 20w. No need to go buy yet another spool of wire and have to relearn how to setup my mods based on temperature.

I agree 100% with all of the above ^^^. This is why I decided to buy the Hohmtech devices to try TC/TL. I didn't have to buy any exotic extra wire to get it up and going, I could just use my normal Kanthal or NiCr wire that I already had a ton of. All the other devices I have I would need to buy different wire for, which I haven't because I use them in Power mode only, but the option is there if I ever decided to go that route.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Dovpo VEE VV box mod was just released. Tim Wiseman has his review up here on ECF. Look promising and on my watch list. I hear the Squid TAC21 is dropping soon as well.

Nice looking, thanks, Letitia.

I have to admit that I'm slightly confused by the resurgence of VV. I love mine, of course, but doesn't it make more sense to simply go VW?

NO judgment, and I love being entertained by the "throwbacks", but it remains a curiosity to me. Maybe it's simply to be different?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Nice looking, thanks, Letitia.

I have to admit that I'm slightly confused by the resurgence of VV. I love mine, of course, but doesn't it make more sense to simply go VW?

NO judgment, and I love being entertained by the "throwbacks", but it remains a curiosity to me. Maybe it's simply to be different?
For me it is the pure simplicity. I'm not detailed oriented enough for a pure mech so the limited protections the VV offers me another option. I don't have to set them up, just throw in good batteries and keep my Ω at .2 above and good to go.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

To me, the whole point is simplicity. It's simpler to USE variable wattage. But, variable voltage (especially with a potentiometer) is simpler and more indestructible for electronics.

Hi, Letitia! Looks like we posted at the same time!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
To me, the whole point is simplicity. It's simpler to USE variable wattage. But, variable voltage (especially with a potentiometer) is simpler and more indestructible for electronics.

Hi, Letitia! Looks like we posted at the same time!
The man needed schooled!:lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Someday I'll have one, hopefully it has a dragon on it.

I passed on the Dragons and polished ProVaris when they were being blown out by Provape as I didn't want any fingerprint magnets. Now they're valuable collectors items!

I was generously gifted one, the person knowing I'd never dream of using it. It's prominently displayed...

They're gorgeous. :wub:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Someday I'll have one, hopefully it has a dragon on it.

Honestly, Letitia, if I was only able to get one, I'd get a ZenKote (Gunmetal preferably, but Gold is marvelous too).

The Dragon is VERY special to me, but the ZenKotes are simply unbelievable. There's absolutely nothing in the industry that compares. It's as close to indestructible as can be, and I BEAT mine. They all look exactly like they did the day they arrived. EXACTLY the same. Brand new.

Amazing stuff he did with that one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Posted in a Provi thread just a bit ago (for fun).

That's a TERRIBLE shot of it, and any marks are NOT scratches. Just my f'ugly fingerprints. :blush:

It can't be scratched, not even if you wanted to.

20180216_170122.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Doubt a Provari would see much use unless my vaping style changes. More about history and eye candy for me. Would definitely use it occasionally when I found a tank for it. Not in any hurry. One will popup at the right time. Like to look at gold mods, no real desire to have one.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Honestly, Letitia, if I was only able to get one, I'd get a ZenKote (Gunmetal preferably, but Gold is marvelous too).

The Dragon is VERY special to me, but the ZenKotes are simply unbelievable. There's absolutely nothing in the industry that compares. It's as close to indestructible as can be, and I BEAT mine. They all look exactly like they did the day they arrived. EXACTLY the same. Brand new.

Amazing stuff he did with that one.

You mean things like these

X4I2NB2.jpg

XswmSlc.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Doubt a Provari would see much use unless my vaping style changes. More about history and eye candy for me. Would definitely use it occasionally when I found a tank for it. Not in any hurry. One will popup at the right time. Like to look at gold mods, no real desire to have one.

Without a very special reason, keeping one on a shelf is just silly.

Oh, wait. We are VAPERS! ;)

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread