May 29, 2017
San Francisco

dovpo-mvv-vv-box-mod.jpg

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Yep, some people always gotta tell other folks how wrong they're doing it and how much better their way is.
Topic of thread be damned.

No longer in production so statisticaly just more fluff, in my opinion the Provape Radius is was & always will be the very finest non TC / VW only power device.
Provape Procyon for tube shape.
not sure if it has enough power,here is a cute little in stock non tc mod for you.Eleaf Mini iStick 10W Kit

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Here is one for your list that I like - the Innokin Oceanus. It comes with 2 x 20700 batteries as well, so you get a whole new battery size to play with as well :)

I was really surprised when this one came out without TC.

want.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
--Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 VV--

Where's @Shawn Hoefer at when a person needs him ??

It's too cold up here for me to get out much, so I didn't know about this one either. I feel as if I have been living under a rock with now the Second Cool mod being brought up to my attention.

I can pull the trigger on this one right now, but will have to wait to do so with the Squid.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I really, really like this. But, I'm afraid it may be hard to find now. I almost missed out because I didn't like the whole idea behind the original Noisy Cricket. I didn't realize it was what I wanted until it was almost too late!

Now I'm on the waiting list for when they get them back in stock. I want a backup!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Where's @Shawn Hoefer at when a person needs him ??

It's too cold up here for me to get out much, so I didn't know about this one either. I feel as if I have been living under a rock with now the Second Cool mod being brought up to my attention.

I can pull the trigger on this one right now, but will have to wait to do so with the Squid.
I'm here. But not much needed... I've seen most non-tc mods already listed.

Stentorian Basilisk? Capo Squonk?

But, the thing is, all TC mods are non-tc mods if you just refuse to use the features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just wanted to ask if this Noisy Crcket-II 25 is a doable mod for my purpose. I like to run about 1Ω builds at 7 to 8.5 watts (don't know the Voltage, I have never ran in VV before so will take me some time to get used to), or is this Device really meant for other uses (lower Ω builds and more power). I don't drip much either. I did start off with a Vision Spinner II when I first started vaping, so I am guessing it would be similar. Correct ?? Yep, I think I just answered my own question. I see that today is gonna be one of those sketchy days for me, think I'm gonna just go back to bed and start all over again. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I just wanted to ask if this Noisy Crcket-II 25 is a doable mod for my purpose. I like to run about 1Ω builds at 7 to 8.5 watts (don't know the Voltage, I have never ran in VV before so will take me some time to get used to), or is this Device really meant for other uses (lower Ω builds and more power). I don't drip much either.

Well, that's different...

The answer is yes... and no...

In regulated (vv) series mode, the pot can be adjusted from 2 to 6 volts, but not with any kind of pinpoint accuracy. At 2 Volts on a 1 Ohm load, you've got 4 Watts, and at 3 Volts, you've got 9 Watts. To get 8 Watts, then, you'd need to set it to 2.83 Volts. No markings for that. Set it to the lowest, and tweak it until you're happy.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Now that I've read the entire thread, I'll repeat... Stentorian Basilisk. Dual 18650 wattage only (between 5 and 200). Beautiful resin enclosure (but a little fragile... don't drop it). A little sharp in thr corners, too, but worth dealing for the gorgeous body and simple board imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread