Arkansas Ozarks

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
2 battery potentiometer mods (Smoant Charon Adjustable 218W VV, Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22 VV, Tesla Invader 2/3 360W VV VW, . . . .).
Here is one for your list that I like - the innokin Oceanus. It comes with 2 x 20700 batteries as well, so you get a whole new battery size to play with as well :)

dovpo-mvv-vv-box-mod.jpg

Stentorian Basilisk? Capo Squonk?
OK. So far we have:

Dual Battery Potentiometer Mods:
Smoant Charon Adjustable 218W VV, Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22 VV, Tesla Invader 2/3 360W, Double Barrel 2.1, Dovpo MVV

Others:
Innokin Oceanus, Stentorian Basilisk, Capo Squonk.

I'm not listing the mods that are really just batteries. Only actual mods that can take external batteries.

BTW, I did find the Noisy Cricket II-22 available. I accidentally got on the waiting list for the II-25. I gets confuzed sometimes.

I have the Noisy Cricket II, it's pretty nice but not something I'd say anyone could just jump into and use.
Why? Are you thinking about the older Noisy Cricket, the one with the direct battery connection instead of a 510 pin?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Why? Are you thinking about the older Noisy Cricket, the one with the direct battery connection instead of a 510 pin?

The NC II-25 is kinda funky to use. Ya gotta make sure the battery door plate is flipped the right way, and that the mod is in the right mode. It's an awesome, compact, versatile mod, but not the simplest...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
@DancingHeretik and I have a question for you ECF members.

It seems there is a lot of talk about TC/TL lately(temperature control/temperature limiting), and almost every mod coming out these days does TC. But, not every vaper does TC.

Some people just want the simple and easy vape on a regulated VV/VW device, and don't need the complication of the TC learning curve. Most would agree that they'd prefer not to accidentally stumble in and get stuck in TC! (And then not know how to get out of it!) :shock:

Of course, we all know about the old-skool tube mods. But, what about newer mods? What about something small, like the Pico, or a side-by-side, or one of the newer 2 battery mods, for example?

So, we are wondering...

Do any of you know of any regulated devices on the market today that you might recommend that do NOT have the TC feature?

We're looking for simple regulated devices. (uncomplicated, less to watch out for, less to worry about, and ultimately, less to go wrong) [emoji23]

It really would be koolio if we might all have enuf suggestions to compile a list. Mr. @corn flakes has already requested a spreadsheet. :facepalm:

(and KD will 'lovingly' oblige, should we need that)

So, please, bring it on! We non-TC users want new and shiny too!

DH & KD~
No tc-capable mod will operate in tc unless you use a tc-capable coil, so I guess I really don't see the problem. Many mods (e.g. Wismec, Eleaf, Joyetech) will straight out kick you out of tc mode if you use a non-tc coil, others will seemingly remain in tc but in actuality operate in vw. So very few mods (none that I know of) will actually require you to manually get out of tc mode, unless you want to use vw with a tc-material (which you shouldn't anyway, with the exception of ss).

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
OK. So far we have:

Dual Battery Potentiometer Mods:
Smoant Charon Adjustable 218W VV, Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22 VV, Tesla Invader 2/3 360W, Double Barrel 2.1, Dovpo MVV

Others:
Innokin Oceanus, Stentorian Basilisk, Capo Squonk.

I'm not listing the mods that are really just batteries. Only actual mods that can take external batteries.

BTW, I did find the Noisy Cricket II-22 available. I accidentally got on the waiting list for the II-25. I gets confuzed sometimes.

It can be used parallel, series or series VV, so one needs to understand how to build for each.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thanks for taking the time for my stupid early morning questions. Boy Howdy, I need a Secretary to filter all my questions before I post them.:facepalm:

<------- volunteer. ;)

Welp, I'm not so sure about that, Ken. I picked up my Swag this morning (FIRST VAPE OF THE DAY) and inadvertently (d'oh!) tumbled into TC mode. (Which is part of the reason that DancingHeretik and I wanted to get ideas via this thread.) It did NOT kick me out (using my usual Kanthal koil at 9w). In fact, that hit in TC mode was unbearably hot! I believe it was at 75 watts! :shock:

So, off to find the user manual and learn how to get the heck out of TC Dodge.

(Now, my Swagger is locked at 9 watts and I'm a happy kamper again.)

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Tesla invader 3 is another pot VV MD.
Unless I missed seeing it listed in this thread. There are also dual battery parallel and series mods as well as PWM mods you can get from mod builders like phoenixboxmods.com/mods by nasy/silversteamvapor.com,etc...

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And the list, she doth grow!

Here's a little update on mod suggestions:

• Smoant Charon Adjustable 218W VV (DancingHeretik)
  • Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22 VV (DancingHeretik)
  • Tesla Invader 2/3 360W VV VW (DancingHeretik)
  • Innokin Oceanus (Daveinleics)
  • Squid Double Barrel (KD)
  • DovPo M VV (Beamslider)
  • Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 VV (52)
  • Stentorian Basilisk (Shawn)
  • Capo Squonk (Shawn)
  • Tesla invader 3 (t8kiteasy)
  • Sigelei Moon Box (BoogaWu)

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The NC II-25 is kinda funky to use. Ya gotta make sure the battery door plate is flipped the right way, and that the mod is in the right mode. It's an awesome, compact, versatile mod, but not the simplest...
I just set it for regulated series and leave it. So, I forgot all about that complication.

Flipping between parallel and series is simple enough. But, accidentally getting into unregulated series would be a horrible shock. Just must remember to watch out for the white light that indicates unregulated series and make sure the red light is on instead (regulated series).

I do like the fact that it can be set for unregulated parallel. Vapocalypse proof.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Those both have built-in batteries, right?
Yep. The Coolfire IV actually has an 18650 soldered in and there is a video on replacing it. I may try it when mine dies, as I like its form factor.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Isn't there a newer Coolfire that does take external batteries? Does that one have TC?

Let me go look. BRB

ETA: Ok, I'm back. The do have the Cool Fire IV(4) TC 18650 that takes an 18650. It does, however, have TC. Oh, well.

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
God I love the Double Barrel, although paint on the green is trash

Is it really, EyeC? Oh wow. I've had thoughts that my champagne might eventually need a wrap. How long have you had yours?

(and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE mine, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread