Where are the stores in Ohio!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
I'm sure that similar threads are already here, but I'm new to the site and wanted to see if anyone had any new info.

I've tried some different search engines, but can't find what I'm looking for. I don't want a store that just sells 510 types, because I can hit up a cheap tobacco for those.

I'd really like to find a full-service vape shop near cleveland. I know of one in toledo and I heard of one near akron (altsmoke or somethin).

Basically, I want to buy an ego-t (or comparable tank style) in a store.

I have the basic 2-piece cartomizer with pcc (BLU) and I'm just going through waaaaayyy too many cart's. I tried re-filling but the vapor production sucks.

Can anyone help me out? I've only been away from analogs for about a week, so i guess I'm still a baby-vape-r lol!!!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Ego -T's have been reviewed as a fail device time and again. Among other issues the main problem is that they leak like crazy and are way expensive to maintain. Instead of getting that I recommend you get a KGO starter kit and add a tank to it. The Smoktech tanks have also been rated as fail so I'd look into MAP tanks with a CE2 carto or making your own. It's safe to say that a brick and mortar store will never have the prices of a virtual store that the internet offers. Additionally, if you buy locally you are going to pay state taxes which offsets any sort of convenience of buying locally.

There is the vaporlounge franchise which is synonymous with corporate greed that haunts the Ohio area. The only nice thing I will say about vaporlounge is that they let you try a juice before you buy it at twice the price. Instead of worrying about "where" why not worry about "how much"?
I have suggested many times to newcomers that Dark City Vapors has some of the best deals on Ejuice and KGO starter kits. Use coupon code "ECFDCV" for 5% off. Their juices are hand-made and they are all-american. The owner, Bill, is available to answer any questions, on instant chat, seemingly 24/7. I was asking him questions at 4am 2 days ago... By the way, Bill (I think his user name is BCordell70) is an avid ECF member who, as far as I can tell, built his business off of his popularity on ECF. Because he was once a customer he doesn't give you the greedy shaft like other companies. That's something to consider, I'd say.

Why the KGO? There are videos on Youtube that prove that the KGO battery outperforms the much larger and more expensive 18650 batteries that are used in many of the much more expensive mods as well as the many EGO clones out there and the original Janty EGO. Put a 306 LR atomizer on it and it hits like a truck. Here is the video that proves it: hoosierecigsupply.com 1100mAh eGo battery whips AW 18650 IMR - YouTube

Yes, this video is by Brent from Hoosierecigsupply, but a simple search of their website will reveal that he is more often than not out of stock on the items you need/want. On top of that his KGO comes with a Hoosier company stamp which looks like crap as well as 5 prefilled (which terrible generic ejuice of varying strength) cartridges and 2 crappy stock atomizers. This is 2012. No one uses carts any more. DCV's KGO has no company logo, is in stock, and comes with cartomizers x5 SLB Standard Resistance XL's. For 4 dollars you can add your choice of Smoktech or Boge carto 5 pack cartos. That's you getting started with 10 cartos. He also throws in 5ml of the ejuice of your choice if you but 5 packs fo cartos for 7-9 dollars. It's a great deal. I recommend that you throw in a 306 LR atomizer with a 306 drip tip and you will be a lot better off than any EGO-T system. He also sells tanks and pre-punched cartos.

Good luck in whatever you decide. It's your money and your vaping experience. Choose what is right for you. I am just trying to show you the other side of the spectrum.

VAPE STRONG! :vapor:
-Shoga

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
Wow. That was a lot of info to take in. it made me realize just how novice I truly am when I comes to vaping.

Now my question is between going with a LR atomizer with a drip tip, or a dual coil cartomizer? It seems to me that the cartomizer is more convenient for travel, but the drip method produces better quality? Maybe I'll just order both???

I'm still confused between the 2. Any tips??

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Welcome, quiet rider! Happy vapes!

A lot of things are a matter of taste and preference in vaping, so you will end up buying stuff you won't like that others rave about. That's the only way to figure out what you like.

I agree about the KGO, it's a wonderful device. What works really well for some people may not work as well for others, but you can't go wrong with KGO, especially because if you want you can try whatever on it - including tank-atty systems if you really must.

Now my question is between going with a LR atomizer with a drip tip, or a dual coil cartomizer? It seems to me that the cartomizer is more convenient for travel, but the drip method produces better quality? Maybe I'll just order both???

I'd definitely try both a good LR atomizer and cartos. Dripping has a learning curve, but a lot of people swear by the flavor you get with that. I prefer single coil cartos, but you might like dual coils. I find that dual coils have vape that's too cool. The regular LR cartomizer by Boge is great, and you can also try the single coil XL sized carto by Smoktech (aka Resurrector).

I would limit myself to 1.7 Ohm on the KGO, but that's just me - some use 1.5 Ohm with success. It will drain the battery faster, and might shorten its lifespan.

For out and about, and even for sitting on the couch watching TV, I find that what works best for me is a tank-carto system. I use J-tanks from electro-nic-stix, but you can look around, there's many options (there's a thread with a "master list" on the forum). The dual coil tanks from Smoktech have indeed mixed reviews, but you can't beat the price on them. I don't know, because I don't use dual coils as much so I never got one.

[What B&M in Toledo? Didn't know]

bcruise

Moved On
Feb 27, 2012
taker
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Hidden Spam Links

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Last edited:

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
Just ordered my Kgo kit with a couple different atomizers and caromizers and about 6 different flavored bottles of 70/30 5 mL ejuice!!! Even paid extra for priority shipping!!!! I can't wait!!!

Ordered from Dark City Vapor. Best prices I saw and the fact that he wasn't sellin "clones" made my decision pretty easy!!

Big thanks to ShogaNinja and elfstone. I took all the advice and got the kgo starter kit, 2 lr 306 atomizers, 2 drip tips, 5 single coil lr cartomizers, and 5 dual coil lr atomizers. With the 6 bottles of ejuice, I think I'm ready to rock!! Lol

And yes, it's "Revolver" in Toledo. Haven't made it up there myself because they always seem to be out of stock. Too bad, cuz kgo type kit still has 1 1100, but also has a 650 battery with a usb passthrough option. Way overpriced, tho, IMO.

vmdoug

Feb 25, 2012
Columbus, OH
A great retailer in Central Ohio is Smoker's Emporium in Lancaster. I went there this weekend and picked up an EGO and some juice. They have a huge juice selection and carry a number of different atomizers and carts. It's nice to have a local brick and mortar that you can go to and talk to people in person. When I walked in there were 3 people there vaping, all using a MOD that they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread