Where can I buy APC Mobile Power Pack, 10Wh from EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasija

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2008
Slovenia, EU
Please help me with this problem. I can not find the APC Mobile Power Pack, 10Wh on the internet sales which would accept international orders. I need delivery to Slovenia. (in EU). I am prepared to pay extra shipping costs, but noone wants to accept such order. I have tried to order from US sellers and from UK sellers with no success.
I am going to buy the USB PassThrough Battery from Simon (e-cig.uk), but without mobile power pack I won't be able to usit this unit.

Please, help me.

Best regards,

Karmen

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
You could try this one, I think they'll probably post to Europe.......it's not APC but it's a hellavalot cheaper.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=250351340990&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

I ordered mine a couple of days ago, it arrived this AM & is now charging from PC USB socket.

Output is 5.3 volts @ 1250 milliamps.

The good news is that it's 'buy it now' at £9.99 plus postage.

The even better news is that the vendor accepted my Offer of £7.99 - if you're cheeky enough you may even get it cheaper!

Cheers
Barry

PS - takes 9 hours to charge from the USB socket so I'll let you know later how it works........

Last edited:

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
You could try this one, I think they'll probably post to Europe.......it's not APC but it's a hellavalot cheaper.....

USB BATTERY PACK iPOD iPHONE Touch UNIVERSAL CHARGER GB on eBay, also Other Apple iPod Accessories, Apple iPod Accessories, MP3 Player Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 07-Jan-09 21:30:00 GMT)

I ordered mine a couple of days ago, it arrived this AM & is now charging from PC USB socket.

The good news is that it's 'Buy it now' at £9.99 plus postage.

The even better news is that the vendor accepted my Offer of £7.99 - if you're cheeky enough you may even get it cheaper!

Cheers
Barry

PS - takes 9 hours to charge from the USB socket so I'll let you know later how it works........

Please let us know if this thing works OK with the higher current draw we need. Every one I buy seems to be limited to 500mA output current.:(

Edit:-

Oh you are going to let us know. Must read post before replying:)

Last edited:

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND

USB BATTERY PACK iPOD iPHONE Touch UNIVERSAL CHARGER GB on eBay, also Other Apple iPod Accessories, Apple iPod Accessories, MP3 Player Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 07-Jan-09 21:30:00 GMT)

The good news is that it's 'Buy it now' at £9.99 plus postage.

Cheers
Barry

I've been using this Battech device for 2 weeks now and can confirm that it 'does everything it says on the can'

Size wise, it's about 85mm x 57mm x 20mm - weight is about 150 to 160 grams (guesstimate!) so, although it fits nicely, it's a little heavy for your shirt pocket, in practice, after a few moments you tend to not notice....

Power in is via mini USB socket- Power out is by normal usb socket.
Input is 5 volts (from any usb port)
Battery capacity is 4400 mAh.
Output voltage is 5.3 volts at a maximum discharge rate of 1.25 amps.
The device is short circuit protected and has a battery capacity indicator (6 red leds on = fully charged). You need to press a switch to view the indicator - I guess this is a power saving feature.

I've been using it with one of DY's extended usb sets and it works perfectly.

A full charge lasts me for well over a week, I've not allowed it to discharge completely, re-chargeing it when the battery indicator got down to only 1 red led illuminated.

I'm very pleased with it, and it's doing a great job for about a quarter the price APC device. (UK prices)

Barry
PS - one of our members managed to get one from the same supplier for £6.99........................:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread