• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where can I buy PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
I've been using gycerine (vg) from Boots to dilute my 36mg TW juice but recently I purchased some 18mg juice from David Yang (eastmall).

This liquid seems to have very little glycerine in it and doesn't clog up the atomisers anywhere near as much as my usual mix which is 1 part TW 36mg to 2 parts glycerine - it also tastes better and doesn't leave that awfull coating in your mouth.

I find that the Eastmall 18mg to be a bit strong and I need to knock it back to 12mg, I don't want to use VG for this so I need to find some food grade PG (propylene glycol).

My wife tried to order some in Boots and was told it was not available so she tried the pharmacy counter in Asda - they can get it but they say that it may only be available on prescription ???

I just had a look at the Boots web site and it can be ordered, but it's prescription only.

Does anyone know of a source of PG that is safe to use for vaping, and is available in small quantities? - i.e. around 100 to 400 ml bottles.

Cheers
Barry

PS - I know that Eastmall sells the zero nicotine juice, which would be great, apart from the fact that it's $50 for 100ml, plus $15 shipping........

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I've been using gycerine (vg) from Boots to dilute my 36mg TW juice but recently I purchased some 18mg juice from David Yang (eastmall).

This liquid seems to have very little glycerine in it and doesn't clog up the atomisers anywhere near as much as my usual mix which is 1 part TW 36mg to 2 parts glycerine - it also tastes better and doesn't leave that awfull coating in your mouth.

I find that the Eastmall 18mg to be a bit strong and I need to knock it back to 12mg, I don't want to use VG for this so I need to find some food grade PG (propylene glycol).

My wife tried to order some in Boots and was told it was not available so she tried the pharmacy counter in Asda - they can get it but they say that it may only be available on prescription ???

I just had a look at the Boots web site and it can be ordered, but it's prescription only.

Does anyone know of a source of PG that is safe to use for vaping, and is available in small quantities? - i.e. around 100 to 400 ml bottles.

Cheers
Barry

PS - I know that Eastmall sells the zero nicotine juice, which would be great, apart from the fact that it's $50 for 100ml, plus $15 shipping........

Hi Barry,
There are details in the UK social group discussions. In yr profile page, click on the flag and then scroll down. You could phone them and ask for less than a litre. or you could just decant it into two or three bottles when you get it.
Best,
C.

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
Thanks C and Chris, I knew I'd seen a UK supplier on here somewhere......

£15 a litre, posted, is not a lot, I'd guess that if I get any from Boots or Asda it'll probably be about 4 quid for 400ml or so.

Thanks again :thumb:

Barry

PS - I've tried the vodka trick and it works well, but I'd like to get away from the glycerine completely, both for the improved taste and the increased life of the atomisers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread