Where Can I Get A......? Where can I get a good 801 atomizer in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKrazYx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys, but I have a couple more questions.

I've been reading about the Joye 302 and some say it's better than a BE112. I'm using the PureSmoker passthrough which is 5volts I believe, and I drip only, no carts at all.

With that information, what atomizer do you guys recommend? I want lots of vapor and flavor. I have the BE112 and it seems ok with EM juice but for those who have tried both, what is better for high voltage dripping, the BE112 or the Joye 302?

Thanks.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Personally, I prefer a true 801 (high bridge) for dripping. It seems to produce more vapor, at least to me. And they have the nice soft(er) rubber mouthpieces, which feel more natural to me than the hard plastic ones. I get them from rockymountainvapor.com The only place I have seen true high bridge 801 attys, and they have free shipping on orders over $14.

I have had great luck with M201 much better in my opinion. The be112 are good to here is a link for the 201's LitecigUSA

Danno

Hi Digidan, Great question! I just received my 801's from myvaporstore.com, they are in NY. .I also use and LOVE the 801's from EastMall, and since I was low on atty's, and couldn't wait for EM from China, .I wanted to try these from mvs, to see if they are the same ones as EM.

And no, they're not. They are the same low, wide bridge, and if you look inside and compare the two, they look identical. But the ones from mvs .have SLB stamped .on them, while EM 801's do not.

and I've been trying one of these things out since Sat, and cannot seem to keep liquid in it, like the 801's from EM. .I'm constantly adding more and more liquid because it starts getting really harsh on my throat and tastes burnt. (doesn't seem to be an issue using it on the Chuck though, lasts about the same)

I'm using it on my VP2, from vaprlife.com. Can't get much of a TH, using it on my e-cig battery.

I've been vaping for 6 1/2 months or so, and my other 801's from EM, were great! .Could vape quite awhile before adding liquid and they didn't get harsh like that until after atleast 3 or 4 days, then I just clean it out, and be good to go. .Sometimes they go for a week before they get harsh. Very smooth, consistent vapor, Don't get much TH on the EM's 801's, on a plain e-cig battery. .But put one of these babies on a Chuck, and OMG! .like night & day difference! .EXCELLENT!!! .Most like an analog I've ever tried yet!

After I tried these from mvs for a couple day, I'm so glad I also ordered some from EM.

ANother thing is, the 801 atty's from mvs, won't work with my 801 batteries from EM. (EDIT: I bought 3, a blue one, black one, and a chrome one, the black one and the blue one will NOT work on 801 batteries, BUT, the chrome one does???.:confused: The chrome works with my 801 battery from Eastmall, the colored ones from mvs, do not)

Never ran into that before, 801 atty's usually work with any 801 battery. hmmmm Not sure why it's only the chrome one that will work, and why the colored atty's won't. odd

My husband is trying one of these out too, from mvs on his Chuck, and so far he says, he likes the ones from EM better. .I tired it on his Chuck, and while they are very close to the same when used on a Chuck, and they would be alright to get you by, like I'm doing til I get my good ones from EM, lol, IMHO, they're just not quite the same feel as EM's.

UPDATE: went through all of my good 801 batteries, and the only ones that work on the colored 801's from mvs, are batteries stamped 'SLB", which is also the same company their atty's are made, go figure. ;) The chrome atty works with all of my 801 batteries, (I have 801 batts. from RMV, EM, and awesomevapor.com)

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I know that EM and BesteCig's 801 atomizers are among some of the best according to opinions on this forum, but I don't need to buy in bulk and the shipping is such a hassle from China, so are there any REALLY good 801 atomizers that are sold in the US?

Thanks in advance!
To clarify: BestEcigs sell the BE112 atomizer, which is fairly compatible with the DSE801, Joye302, and RN4072 atomizers, all of which are penstyle attys, made by different companies. Only the DSE801 is an 801. I'm not saying it is better, just that each is a similar, but different atomizer.

And notice I said "fairly compatible." For example, the BE112 won't work on the XHALER without an adapter.

I have had great luck with M201 much better in my opinion. The be112 are good to here is a link for the 201's LitecigUSA

Danno
Just know the the M201 (also a penstyle atty) will not work on the other models' batteries nor on many mods. [The M201 battery does work with their attys.] For mod compatiblity, check with the mod supplier to be sure.

I still am on a quest for the optimum penstyle atomizer. The penstyle is the only atty that gives me throat hit (and tastes good). I love the 510's vapor and flavor, but get no TH from it ... and I find the 901 and Kr8 harsh tasting.

But so many penstyle attys have let me down: dying quickly or having mediocre performance. I very much liked the two M201s I tried, but each died after three days (one was a replacement for the other). I am enjoying the two Joye302 attys I've been vaping the past couple weeks, although they are starting to deliver diminishing returns. [I'm not big on atty cleaning.:oops:]

I've read only positive things about the BE112. However, the batch of three that I received were very dissapointing. My least favorite penstyle atty. Lemons perhaps.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
When I got my 801 from EastMall, I ordered both hard and soft-tipped carts. I like the soft ones better.

I've gone through my list of all the stores that carry 801s. Most don't say which type their spare carts are but, in addition to EastMall, you can definitely get soft ones from goodprophets, myvaporstore and vaporkings.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
Just an FYI: The true 801s (like the ones from myvaporstore) are stamped with SLB, which stands for the manufacturer's name, Salieabao. The other penstyle atts (302s, BE112s, etc.) are made by other manufacturers and different mfr. parts are not always compatible. I learned that the hard way. Also, the 801 carts are indeed soft tips, whereas the BE112s and 302s are hard plastic tips (I prefer the hard ones). The 112 carts fit slightly too snugly on my 801, but the 302 carts are a great fit.

Last edited:
Just an FYI: The true 801s (like the ones from myvaporstore) are stamped with SLB, which stands for the manufacturer's name, Salieabao. The other penstyle atts (302s, BE112s, etc.) are made by other manufacturers and different mfr. parts are not always compatible. I learned that the hard way. Also, the 801 carts are indeed soft tips, whereas the BE112s and 302s are hard plastic tips (I prefer the hard ones). The 112 carts fit slightly too snugly on my 801, but the 302 carts are a great fit.

Hi Raven, yeah, I found this out the hard way too, I was low on atty's, and I didn't want to wait for EastMall, so I thought I'd try a few of the 801's from mvs, They look identical on the inside, as the good 801's from EastMall, but are like night and day when it comes to vapor production.

so far, I have been unable to find the same exact 801's that EastMall sells anywhere else.

AND, I also discovered, something else about the mvs's 801's, the colored atty's will not work with regular 801 e-cig batteries, they only work with 801 batteries stamped SLB, go figure. .BUT, the same 801's from mvs that are chrome colored, will work with all my batteries, not sure what's going on there, lol.

Last edited:

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
@mickio: I really don't know who manufactures Eastmall's penstyle atties. I've only ever gotten the SLB DSE801 brand, which I assume was modelled after the Ruyan V8, the first penstyle. Some prefer the RN4072 pens better than the 801s as well. Some penstyle chargers are not even compatible with other mfrs. models, so be very careful in future when ordering parts from different suppliers.

@mickio:..... Some penstyle chargers are not even compatible with other mfrs. models, so be very careful in future when ordering parts from different suppliers.

Thanks Raven, good advice! lesson learned....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread