The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Where can I get a hands free drill?

Discussion in '"Where can I get a .......?"' started by Codiw1990, Oct 18, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Codiw1990

Codiw1990 Full Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Hi first ever forum post but here goes nothing. Where can I get a drill that I don’t have to sit there and keep the button held down the entire time by hand with OUT losing the abitlity to control the speed ie a foot pedal or a dial of some sort. I would still have to hold the drill but I feel like I could do a lot better if I could work the chick with my feet instead of my finger

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Welcome to the ECF Codiw1990.

What exactly do you want to do with the Drill? And is it something that a Dremel could do?

Because having a Dremel is a Very Handy tool to have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Codiw1990

Codiw1990 Full Member

Oct 18, 2017
    I would use the drill to make coils and while I am sure a drimmel would be very nice for easier builds idk if it would work for the more complex builds I’m working with. Unless you can make it to where the wire could flip 180 to 360 degrees at a time

4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    You can use something like this with a corded dril

upload_2017-10-18_15-49-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Codiw1990

Codiw1990 Full Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Yeah my drill is cordless but if I could find a nice enough corded drill that might actually work

6. bombastinator

bombastinator Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So if it’s hands free which appendage or orafice do you wish to hold the drill with? *cue rimshot*

One simple solution is a dremel with a drill bit in it. It’s a handy purchase because they’re good for lots of other things as well. Plus they’re fairly cheap. you can also get foot treadles and other attachments for them.
    If you need more power you switch up to something called a Ford I’m, which is more or less the same but much more powerful. It’s the goth device for jewlers. foredoms only have treadles
    They’re pricey though. 4 fails trying to link. I give up

7. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I was actually toying with the idea of using my drill press to make coils like Clapton wire at one time. But using the Dewalt cordless is just fine for my building.

upload_2017-10-18_16-15-29.jpeg

8. Codiw1990

Codiw1990 Full Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Thanks Steve and do you know where I could get one of those for cheap? And bomb I’ll have to check those out

9. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    If you are talking about the Dewalt they aren't cheap but a good deal can be found

10. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Senior Member

Oct 17, 2017
    What about a Daedalus coil maker.

11. the wind

the wind Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    here is my favorite reviewer:)