Where can i get joye ego tank atomizer wick replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Is there a wick replacement, or if not, can someone tell me what the wick material is made of? I tried to adjust this finnicky tank atomizer and destroyed the wick. It's small and dainty like pigeon pubic hair. Ok bad example, but it nearly falls apart in your hands. I'm not trying to throw the atty away just because the wick is gone.

If all else fails, I will just use it to drip, but would still prefer not to do that. Any help suggestions is available. I have scoured the internet and can't find any info on what this wick is made out of. I tried to make a blue foam wick and that failed miserably.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
My question is How are you going to get it down that little hole?

You pull out the needleplate by grabbing the needle with needlenose pliers or surgeon's grips. I made a threading needle out of picture hanging wire doubled the wick up through the needle, pulled it through, then cut off the top even with the needle angle and the bottom about 1/3 inch hanging down. The original wick had a band of mesh binding it together. You can harvest that from a dead atty or do without it as I did. Still works fine. Just make sure you soak/prime the bottom of the wick with e-juice/vg/pg before you put the needleplate w/ new wick back in. You don't want to burn your new wick while it gets going.

Needle plate goes back in no problem by putting it into a tank and pushing it in. It catches on that ledge which holds it in. If you don't like your wick just try it again.

Last edited:

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Obviously you didn't read the long eGo-T tank thread.

I bought mine at McMaster-Carr McMaster-Carr

3/8 silica rope at 3.71/ft a little over $4 for shipping. They sent 19 inches , arrived in 4 days.

You may find it locally since it is used in fireplace enclosures and on oven doors.

FINALLY.. Thanks for the help. I read the thread, but gave up after 50 pages or whatever it was. What kind of rope did you buy, or does it mattter? Happy vaping.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I bought the high-lighted 3/8 inch silica only because Scottbee mentioned it early in the long thread. You have to unwind it and use stands so it doesn't much matter the thickness of the overall rope. I even broke down the strands to build my wick from the longer pieces. The width of one strand on the 3/8 rope is about the right size for the eGo tanks, so maybe that's why Scottbee suggested it.

If you PM me your address I can cut off a few inches of my rope and mail it to you. Seems a shame for everyone to spend $8 to save a few $16 attys unless you like to mod wicks. I sent kelleymcm 6 of my 19 already so I am down to 11-12 inches, but it's enough for a long, long time of modding, so I could part with another 2 inches and never miss it.

Research burning the wicks before you use them in the modding section or in Youtube videos. They go black then white again under extreme heat. Not sure why it's done, but I assume it burns off chemicals or something.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Having been on the CE2 looong threads I now have quite a few pieces of CE2 wick I kept when doing the 'ptb' mods, and I've found that 5 strands of CE2 wick (about an inch long is plenty - but I have fat fingers so you may not need it that long) is just about right for the eGo-T. I rip some coil wire off a dead CE2, gently wrap it around the wicks with a piece poking out at the top and use that to thread the wick through. Once I have pulled it into position I just snip the extra wire off, fluff the wick and drop a few drops of e-juice on it, the coil and reassemble.

BoomBoom65

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Suffolk County, New York
Hooray! I found this thread. I read this thread yesterday after reading some veeeeery long threads about this wick material and got so confused.
Anyway I ordered the material recommended here and there from McMaster yesterday afternoon and it came today. Fast! Now - aluminum foil wrap - seriously? I do not have a dead atty to rip apart and salvage mesh or wire.
I have 4 very well cleaned out ego tank attys, needle plates pulled out and coil glowing a very bright orange. Now I need to make and install the wick.
Is the aluminum foil just a bit to hold the threads together so they can be fed into the needle plate or is there another purpose?

Lastly - I am unsure how long to make the wick? It should not touch the coil - correct???

Bman.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Missouri
I finally started cleaning my atty's after dropping a c-note of a stack of new set. Heck I even resurrected some atty's that has popped. I finessed the coil back together enough to keep it firing. Nice.

Now - the wick cap / foil mesh. I have tread a few different options

1) aluminum foil
2) thread

What are my other options - I can't seem to find any others. How is the thread working out? I see that you need to have some air pass through and it seems those knots are pretty fat and wouldn't allow any air. Is this the case? I will order some rope tomorrow.

Bman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread