Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It wouldn't surprise me to find that most of the VG we vape is the Humco brand. I bought my first small bottle of Humco VG from Wal-Mart. It was fairly expensive but I needed it right then. From that point on I have purchased from Essential Depot. I have a feeling it is the very same product but at a much lower price.

As always, just my humble opinion.
    ED Palm VG is from Malaysia, PG from USA
    glyCUBE - 3 Gallons PALM DERIVED Vegetable Glycerin & 1 Gallon Propylene Glycol - USP (pharmaceutical grade)

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I have used 99.5% anhydrous USPG VG made by Humco that is available in many drug stores and big box stores. It's OK. Right now I'm using VG from Nicotine River. I was a bit stunned by how much better it is. Much better flavor, much better cloud production, much better consistency. It's pretty cheap but the shipping cost is crappy. I paid $8 for a liter of it...and then about 8$ more for shipping, blah. If you are ordering supplies for DIY juice I'd recommend Nicotine River though - just based on the quality of the VG. I guess you'd want to order enough to make the shipping cost worth it. Other than doing something like that you can also go to your local drugstore and explain what you need and what you need it for. They might be able to let you order it through them and have it added to their regular delivery so you don't have to deal with shipping costs. I couldn't vouch for the quality of the stuff they get but USPG is what you want and they should have it.
    I'm just starting to think about getting into mixing my own eliquid, so haven't done a lot of shopping for supplies. Out of curiosity, I went to Nicotine River's site to see what they have and really liked what I saw as far as PG/VG/Nic. Added it to my cart to see final price and was SHOCKED when I saw $40 shipping on a $19 order. Is that a standard shipping cost or are they just really expensive?

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I think it would depend where you are shipping to, and the weight, but my shipping was inexpensive there, but I think I was close by. Are you in the US?

Anna
    Yep, Ohio. Haven't gone back to check, but I think it may have been higher because of the nicotine I had in the cart, which can only be delivered FedEx ground. Have to check if the PG/VG without the nic would be a more standard shipping price.

Edit to add: Went back, removed the nicotine and shipping went from $40 to $15. Still not cheap and still FedEx ground, but better. Is nicotine considered a hazardous material, which could explain the cost?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Bundy1971 - Check BulkApothecary.com for your PG and VG. They have it in several different sizes, and IMO and many others...it's really great quality. They also have sales frequently on it.

Usually costs me about $13-14 S/H for 1 gallon of VG (10lbs. jug) + 1 gallon of PG (8lbs. jug) shipped from them in OH to me in FL. Since you're in Ohio, too...S/H shouldn't be unreasonable to you.

ETA: Heartland has good quality Nicotine Base, and it's a very reasonable price, too! Also, both Bulk and Heartland usually have Black Friday sales, as do many vendors. I'd wait until then to see what everyone has price-wise.

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Liquids are heavy, and expensive to ship. I get ED through Amazon, with free shipping on orders over $50.
    Sorry to hear that. I think I'll avoid ordering from there!! :D

Kidding aside, I hadn't even thought about Amazon for supplies. I have a Prime membership, so definitely have to check that route out. I'm sure they bake part of the shipping cost into the price, but maybe not?

Edited, again, to add: It's actually cheaper through Amazon with Prime shipping: $23.47/gallon. Can also get the 1qt PG for $14.95. Would $38.42 for 1 gallon of VG and 1 qt of PG be a good deal?

Sorry to keep answering myself, but total for ED from Amazon would b $38.42 (don't think it's taxable); total from Nicotine River would be $40.07.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Bundy1971 - If you only want 1 gal. of VG and 1 Qt. of PG...you might want to price that at Bulk Apothecary, too. Even with their shipping to you (since you're in OH, too)...it might be lower total cost.

Amazon price of $14.95 for just a quart of PG is highway robbery compared to BA. Also the price for the gallon of VG is much higher there! Ii think you're right about them putting the price of the so-called "free" S/H into the cost of the VG and PG.

When I bought 1 gal. of VG (@ $13.40) + 1 gal. of PG (@ $18.52), including S/H to me in FL by FedEx Home Delivery...it was $44.41 total.

ETA: Just found out that if you subscribe to their newsletter (little window will pop up and ask if you want to)...you'll get a coupon code for a discount off of your order, too!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread