Where do I get the Pluid and the other knock offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I heard that Ahlusion's Blue Fairy was fairly close to Pluid, so I gave that a try.
Not my cuppa joe. I can tell it's good quality, and after FINALLY getting some Pluid
through a trade in the classifieds here, I have to say that they taste pretty similar.

Blue Fairy is cheaper and MUCH easier to get. Unless you're 100% SURE you like absinthe
flavored e-juice, I say don't fret too much over not gettin' the Pluid. I DO understand why
people like it. It's got a LOT of flavor and the day-glo green is awesome. But the flavor
just ain't for me. I need to find someone local to donate or trade my now 15% empty
bottle with.

On the whole, I can't get enough of darn near everything that Ahlusion makes.
EXCEPT for the non-aromatic tobaccos. Devil Dog and the like. Again, I can tell
the QUALITY is there, but the flavor isn't for me. I was never a smoker in the first
place and these natural tobaccos are the closest to analogs I've ever encountered.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE juice right now is Ahlusion's Caramel Pear Black Tea.
Jeeeeebus Cripsy!!!! It's sooooo good. They put quality over quantity and it can be
hard to catch the website before they reach their daily order capacity but, to me anyway,
it's worth the (SLIGHT) hassle.

And you can never go wrong with Heather's Heavenly Vapes but I have a feeling you know
that already. Glad to see you back!

Grizzie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Japan
I wouldn't suggest getting the radiator pluid if your using a clearomizer or plastic tank. I heard it can damage them pretty easily. Use a glass tank when vaping the pluid. If your just looking to get a green colored e liquid just put food coloring in any clear e liquid. I think that's how they get the green color in the pluid anyways.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
That's interesting. It's cool (and sometimes frustrating) how different everyones' flavor palate can function. If I had a double-blind test done, the only way I could pick out Ahlusion's Blue Fairy is because it is sweeter.
:)
I am a big fan of Ahlusion but have to say that blue fairy does not even come close to Pluid. The closest to Pluid that I have tried would be Grenada from elevated vaping.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I heard that Ahlusion's Blue Fairy was fairly close to Pluid, so I gave that a try.
Not my cuppa joe. I can tell it's good quality, and after FINALLY getting some Pluid
through a trade in the classifieds here, I have to say that they taste pretty similar.

Blue Fairy is cheaper and MUCH easier to get. Unless you're 100% SURE you like absinthe
flavored e-juice, I say don't fret too much over not gettin' the Pluid. I DO understand why
people like it. It's got a LOT of flavor and the day-glo green is awesome. But the flavor
just ain't for me. I need to find someone local to donate or trade my now 15% empty
bottle with.

On the whole, I can't get enough of darn near everything that Ahlusion makes.
EXCEPT for the non-aromatic tobaccos. Devil Dog and the like. Again, I can tell
the QUALITY is there, but the flavor isn't for me. I was never a smoker in the first
place and these natural tobaccos are the closest to analogs I've ever encountered.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE juice right now is Ahlusion's Caramel Pear Black Tea.
Jeeeeebus Cripsy!!!! It's sooooo good. They put quality over quantity and it can be
hard to catch the website before they reach their daily order capacity but, to me anyway,
it's worth the (SLIGHT) hassle.

And you can never go wrong with Heather's Heavenly Vapes but I have a feeling you know
that already. Glad to see you back!

I am not really stoked on absinth or licorice. I am trying them just for the sake of doing a video review. :) So I do want to get a hold of real Pluid as well as the knock offs.

I have tried heathers. I even did a review of the now called Legend. It was okay. I can see why a lot of people like it. I also tried sludge and black and blue. I didn't really care for any of those. Not really sure why. But I do want to try shadow.

I am a big fan of Ahlusion but have to say that blue fairy does not even come close to Pluid. The closest to Pluid that I have tried would be Grenada from elevated vaping.

Thank you! I will add that one to the list. :)

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I wouldn't suggest getting the radiator pluid if your using a clearomizer or plastic tank. I heard it can damage them pretty easily. Use a glass tank when vaping the pluid. If your just looking to get a green colored e liquid just put food coloring in any clear e liquid. I think that's how they get the green color in the pluid anyways.

I am familiar with the needing a class tank. :) I have been waiting to get a few for months now. I do love cinnamon fire and ice from... I forget who make it (lol) it too melts plastic.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
No I haven't people eater yet. I just received Grenada a few days ago. The best I can describe it to you is, it's a tamer version of Pluid. It is more fruity if you will. On taste, Pluid will be number 1, Grenada is number 2. Once you try Pluid, if you like it, nothing will beat it. But the closest so far has to Grenada.

There is one more on my list that I haven't tried and I can't even buy it right now. It's called Scorpion Blood by Mido. It states they won't be open till the end of August on their web site.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Totally unrelated (well, mostly totally.....) my order of Murdock's Agent Orange should be here tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to that. I pretty much dig everything he makes except for Pluid. 710 is like brownies/cookies and Maha Ras is like vaping a hippy. Strawberry and sandalwood. The sandalwood can be REALLY off-putting to some people but I dig it.

The only other time I've run into the flavor of sandalwood in an e-juice is GoodLifeVapor's Beach Bonfire. And I don't particularly dig that one.....I think it's maybe the pineapple together with the sandalwood and other flavors that I don't like.

But I digress....

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I will gladly write up a description! (if I remember to do so and post it here in this thread)I'm thinking it's gonna be a VERY citrus-y, mabye orange soda-like taste.
Or I could be totally wrong.

I do appreciate how, in the description at vaporwatch, it states that it is named for the band (a band I rather dig), and not the chemical
warfare defoliant we used in Vietnam.....

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
Agent orange is my least favorite of his stuff. Not to say it's bad but it's not a huge punch in the orange department to me. It has some type of anise in it or something really subtle that puts me off to it can't really explain. Maha Ras aka da hippy smoke (Zip you cracked me up with that one) is my favorite hands down from him. Really calming stuff after a long day. If you like Pluid I would highly suggest Drake's Alchemist. It's really fruit anise which is pretty cool because it's really tamed down in the anise compared to Pluid and Grenada.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Okay, since you guys 'n gals actually ASKED for my opinion (that's never happened before) on Agent Orange, here goes:

I'm vaping it right now for the very first time out of a T3S with a 3-day old head.
It's pretty darn in-yer-face.
LOADS of citrus flavor; orange (duh), grapefruit, lime.

Great summertime flavor. Makes me want a can of Orange Crush.
I'm not picking up on the anise that Unseen mentioned, but that
doesn't mean it's not there. My taste buds play tricks on me. 2+ years of chemo and all the
associated meds will do that.

The nic content is a bit high for me; it's only 9mg though. I'm used to 6mg and below. That applies
to all of Murdock's flavors. I wish he made some zero-nic versions of everything so we could cut it.
I don't like Pluid enough to buy the Cutter. I've tried mixing some zero-nic PG with 710 and the results
were just muted flavor. Big surprise, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread