Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Tractor Supply - It's local and I can pick up $24.99

The 3 TS anywhere near me only carry PG, for use with cattle. The Rural King stores here only have the PG, too. I wonder why your store carries VG. There must be some use for it with livestock or pets though.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The 3 TS anywhere near me only carry PG, for use with cattle. The Rural King stores here only have the PG, too. I wonder why your store carries VG. There must be some use for it with livestock or pets though.

About the 1st Time I ever bought VG (late 2010) was in a CVS Pharmacy.

While I was in line, a very Nice Asian Lady behind me saw the Bottle of VG in my basket and told me that Vegetable Glycerin was good for Dry Skin and Chapped Lips. She also said that it will make your Hair Very Shinny.

And she had Very Shinny Hair.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
About the 1st Time I ever bought VG (late 2010) was in a CVS Pharmacy.

I bought my first bottle of it at Walmart for $3 and change (168mL of HUMCO brand) in winter 2015. Clerk there assumed I was getting it for dry skin relief. I didn't volunteer that it was for DIY eliquid. ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My last order for VG was from Essential Depot in a 3/pg, 1/vg cube deal. Free shipping at that time but you can get just pg/vg

Since you're in Ohio, and so is Bulk Apothecary...you might want to try their PG & VG sometime. Essential Depot is in FL, only about 60 miles or so from me, and S/H from them to me is always more than S/H from BA in Ohio to me.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If it's not USP grade, I wouldn't touch it in a vape mix. Cook with it, yes, make soap with it, yes. Even make lotions and such, but not vape it.

And yea, that stuff is pricey. For that gallon price you can get 8 gallons at Essential Depot derived from Palm, not Soy.
Yeah but if it tastes like the other VG I've had that would be 7 gallon and 50 ounces in the trash.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I always experiment with an open mind.

The VG from Nicotine River arrived and I made my first batches. It is a very mellow mild taste better than my Mountain Rose Herbs. Combined with the Nicotine River Smooth Nic Salts, I've made my best batch of Nic ever. And the price of the VG is very reasonable

From the forum I figured out what went wrong. I've been buying my Nic from MFS. There stuff is harsh.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Vegetable Glycerin

$4.49 for 500ml
$7.49 for 1L
$14.99 for a full gallon

I get my nic, PG, VG and most of my flavors from them. Great prices, great products, fast shipping.

EDIT: Holy crap I just checked the prices at your link, $91 for a gallon of VG?!?!? Not unless it contained an actual gold nugget and customer service performed ... umm ... "favors". Even the links from Sugar are way high. You guys are paying way too much for VG.
On your advise picked up Nic and VG from Nicotine river. You are right there stuff is top notch!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I always experiment with an open mind.

The VG from Nicotine River arrived and I made my first batches. It is a very mellow mild taste better than my Mountain Rose Herbs. Combined with the Nicotine River Smooth Nic Salts, I've made my best batch of Nic ever. And the price of the VG is very reasonable

From the forum I figured out what went wrong. I've been buying my Nic from MFS. There stuff is harsh.
The only reason I rated your post as 'funny' is because MFS was the first vendor I used for my supplies. And it was so, so awful! I had never vaped unflavored before that and didn't try it for at least a year afterwards. Finally, I tried unflavored using a different nic/PG/VG and couldn't believe how good it was.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The only reason I rated your post as 'funny' is because MFS was the first vendor I used for my supplies. And it was so, so awful! I had never vaped unflavored before that and didn't try it for at least a year afterwards. Finally, I tried unflavored using a different nic/PG/VG and couldn't believe how good it was.
All my stuff from MFS is going down the toilet. My new batches are so clean can't stand the idea of vaping their swill. Life is too short!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
All my stuff from MFS is going down the toilet. My new batches are so clean can't stand the idea of vaping their swill. Life is too short!
There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with vaping clean unflavored juice. It's my ADV.

If you have to add flavoring to cover up the 'taste' of unflavored, you are definitely not using quality materials. :thumb:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you all use the nic river pur or the chemnovatic for your freebase nic?

Thanks

:)

I have never tried Nic River's Pure. But I have been using Chemnovatic for the Last 2 months or so.

Here is a Mini-Review of it as compared to CNT Brand Nicotine...

Just an Update:

I got my Chemnovatic (100mg/ml 100% PG) and for the last Week or so I have been running it Side-by-Side against CNT.

Both are Very Clean Tasting. Almost Tasteless. And Both, at Diluted 9mg/ml Concentration, are Colourless.

There are times when I think the CNT might be an Angel's Breath better. But most of the time I can't tell much of a Difference between the two.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Don't know Anyone who does DIY you could give your MFS stuff to?

That's a great idea! I found a couple local DIYers who were very happy to get the MFS nic base that I'd bought. Since they only make tobacco eliquids....they loved the pepperyness or harshness of it, that I hated.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a great idea! I found a couple local DIYers who were very happy to get the MFS nic base that I'd bought. Since they only make tobacco eliquids....they loved the pepperyness or harshness of it, that I hated.

Yeah... Fruit Recipes are probably better served with a Very Clean, almost Tasteless Nicotine Base.

But a Tobacco or a "Brown Flavor" might actually Benefit from an Oxidized / Slightly Peppery Nic Base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread