Where do you buy your VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've ordered Essential Depot VG and PG in quarts from Amazon a couple of times and never had an issue with the quality of the vape, but I haven't branched out and tried other brands. Free Prime shipping for orders over $25 is a plus with heavy items.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yeah... Fruit Recipes are probably better served with a Very Clean, almost Tasteless Nicotine Base.

To me...all recipes I made (fruity, creamy, desserts, etc.) were better served without MFS nic base. It was just "nasty" and harsh. I never should've bought theirs. It was my 1st DIY nic purchase. :facepalm:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
To me...all recipes I made (fruity, creamy, desserts, etc.) were better served without MFS nic base. It was just "nasty" and harsh. I never should've bought theirs. It was my 1st DIY nic purchase. :facepalm:

What's your nic percentage? I mix at 3mg/ml and I've used MFS 100mg/ml nic for several years and never noticed a harsh nic hit. It's not super smooth, but doesn't affect my throat or sinuses. But, like you I'd just as soon feel the nic hit and not the throat hit so much.

What I get from MFS has a faint yellow tint that's only noticeable to me if I look down through the bottle. In a clear glass 100ml bottle it's practically water clear. I keep it in an upright freezer. I've kept some in the fridge for mixing and could see a very faint yellow tint after 6 months.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
What's your nic percentage? I mix at 3mg/ml and I've used MFS 100mg/ml nic for several years and never noticed a harsh nic hit. It's not super smooth, but doesn't affect my throat or sinuses. But, like you I'd just as soon feel the nic hit and not the throat hit so much.

What I get from MFS has a faint yellow tint that's only noticeable to me if I look down through the bottle. In a clear glass bottle it's water clear. I keep it in an upright freezer. I've kept some in the fridge for mixing and could see a very slight yellow tint after 6 months.
My last batch is from MFS and theirs looks crystal clr when mixing and there is no smell. I made and started vaping some unflavored a few days ago and its harsh on my throat. Never noticed it before because I alway have used flavors. Am so not liking the harsh hit in unflavored, so I want a smooth freebase nicotine. That is what I am looking for anyway.

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That just sounds like a Nicotine Base I would want to Stay Away from.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@tomzgreat I get my VG from Essential Depot.
Don't know Anyone who does DIY you could give your MFS stuff to?
<~~~ this guy here uses MFS Nic. 24 mg/ml Unflavored 85% of the time. Guess I need to try some other Nic to see what the fuss is. Kinda like the harshness/kick to the throat though. Still tastes slightly sweet when vaped.
Where do you get your nic from?

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't do tobacco flavorings, the majority of my mixes are fruit based or have some fruit in them. This is my first go round with unflavored and is probably the only reason it was/is noticeable to me but it tastes fine. I just cannot keep vaping it because it is irritating my throat and making me cough.

Nic river does do free shipping but does not include Pur nic or po boxes. And they do not tell you how the free shipping is sent. The first option to pay for shipping then still cost around $18 and is 4 day ground through Fed Ex and then USPS - 2 day priority for more than the items you are purchasing. If you are buying nic you either have to pay the inflated costs for shipping or run the risk your order takes who knows how long to ship free. They could at least provide more info instead of forcing you into a difficult choice. So, as of yet, I have not placed an order. I used to like this company, right now, not so much.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't do tobacco flavorings, the majority of my mixes are fruit based or have some fruit in them. This is my first go round with unflavored and is probably the only reason it was/is noticeable to me but it tastes fine. I just cannot keep vaping it because it is irritating my throat and making me cough.

Nic river does do free shipping but does not include Pur nic or po boxes. And they do not tell you how the free shipping is sent. The first option to pay for shipping then still cost around $18 and is 4 day ground through Fed Ex and then USPS - 2 day priority for more than the items you are purchasing. If you are buying nic you either have to pay the inflated costs for shipping or run the risk your order takes who knows how long to ship free. They could at least provide more info instead of forcing you into a difficult choice. So, as of yet, I have not placed an order. I used to like this company, right now, not so much.

Nicotine River, to me, is an example of a Company that has a Great Product Line and Pricing. But their Administrative side leaves Much to be Desired.

I've done 3 Order with them. And All 3 have had been Very, Very Slow to Ship. And I have had to Contact them Each Time to find out why the Order(s) haven't Shipped.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
What's your nic percentage? I mix at 3mg/ml and I've used MFS 100mg/ml nic for several years and never noticed a harsh nic hit.

When I first started DIY I was making 6mg eliquids. I tried recipes of various types, using the MFS nic base, and I didn't like it...mainly because of the pepperyness, but some harshness, too. I then ordered a liter from RTS Vapes, because of quite a few recommendations on here for it. I then found out how better and smoother nic base worked in the same recipes = no pepperyness, no harshness, and better tasting eliquids.

I've been vaping 7mg DIY eliquids for probably 1.5 years or more now, using RTS Vapes (Nicotine Giant), Heartland Vapes, Wizard Labs, and LNW nic base. None of it is peppery nor harsh, to me, and my eliquids taste great, too, even at the slightly higher nic mg.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Where do you get your nic from?

I've gotten mine from: RTS Vapes (Nicotine Giant), Heartland Vapes, Wizard Labs, and LNW. They're all good nic base, to me, so when various ones have had sales...that's who I'd buy a Liter from, for my longterm freezer storage. OH, I forgot to mention that with the exception of the RTS Vapes Liter that I bought (after the MFS buying mistake)...I bought much smaller bottles of the others to try first, before buying Liters from any of them.

Last edited:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I've gotten mine from: RTS Vapes (Nicotine Giant), Heartland Vapes, Wizard Labs, and LNW. They're all good nic base, to me, so when various ones have had sales...that's who I'd buy a Liter from, for my longterm freezer storage. OH, I forgot to mention that with the exception of the RTS Vapes Liter that I bought (after the MFS buying mistake)...I bought much smaller bottles of the others to try first, before buying Liters from any of them.
I noticed at Heartland that they have 3 types. Ultra Premium, Nic Select, and Nic Solution. Have you tried all 3? If so, what are the differences?

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I noticed at Heartland that they have 3 types. Ultra Premium, Nic Select, and Nic Solution. Have you tried all 3? If so, what are the differences?

The only 1 I tried was the regular $44.99/Liter Nic Solution. It was fine to me, so I never needed to try the other 2. IIRC, @IDJoel likes and uses Heartland Vapes nic base, too. Perhaps he tried more than the just the 1 that I did. Hopefully he'll be here to provide his thoughts on it, too.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My last batch is from MFS and theirs looks crystal clr when mixing and there is no smell. I made and started vaping some unflavored a few days ago and its harsh on my throat. Never noticed it before because I alway have used flavors. Am so not liking the harsh hit in unflavored, so I want a smooth freebase nicotine. That is what I am looking for anyway.

What's your nic mix level? I'm vaping unflavored at 3mg/ml nic and it's clear and clean with a slightly perceptible TH. Most would say it's a faint TH at 3mg/ml strength.

I'm not a throat hit person at all. I like smooth. That said, MFS has been my goto nic supplier for years. Maybe I should try some small samples of various nics from other vendors.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
What's your nic mix level? I'm vaping unflavored at 3mg/ml nic and it's clear and clean with a slightly perceptible TH. Most would say it's a faint TH at 3mg/ml strength.

I'm not a throat hit person at all. I like smooth. That said, MFS has been my goto nic supplier for years. Maybe I should try some small samples of various nics from other vendors.
I was vaping at 3mg and recently increased to 5-6-ish mg in hopes of putting the vape down for a extended length of time. That is not working as I had hoped and may have to further increase my strength. I started out at 12mg, and stayed there for about 4 years.

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The only 1 I tried was the regular $44.99/Liter Nic Solution. It was fine to me, so I never needed to try the other 2. IIRC, @IDJoel likes and uses Heartland Vapes nic base, too. Perhaps he tried more than the just the 1 that I did. Hopefully he'll be here to provide his thoughts on it, too.
I am like you, @JCinFLA; in that, I have only used their basic nic, as I find it perfectly acceptable for my personal wants and needs. I have never had any interest in trying their more expensive lines. :D

I believe that both the basic, as well as the Ultra Premium lines are "house" labels, and I don't think I have ever heard where they are sourced from. The NicSelect is a well known, and well respected, major name brand for those wanting familiar brand recognition (and willing to pay for it).

If cost-per-milliliter is no object, and one wants to explore: Heartland does offer smaller (120mL) "sample" sizes, so the individual does not have to commit more money. I would guess that there is very little risk of getting something unvapeable. :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I had a terrible experience with Heartland a few years ago. I had ordered a litre of their nic(I don't think they offered more than 1 choice at that time) and it arrived seeping through the top, was very yellow and smelled to high heaven of old nicotine. I sent 2 emails and never got a return reply. So it and their web site address went into the trash. I don't ever plan on ordering from them again.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I had a terrible experience with Heartland a few years ago. I had ordered a litre of their nic(I don't think they offered more than 1 choice at that time) and it arrived seeping through the top, was very yellow and smelled to high heaven of old nicotine. I sent 2 emails and never got a return reply. So it and their web site address went into the trash. I don't ever plan on ordering from them again.
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. That is the first overt bad experience, I have heard of. I don't blame you for writing then off your suppliers list.

For me, I have never received anything but quality products, and first class service. I continue to buy from them, and recommend them to others.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I found Mountain Rose Herbs many years ago and there Organic VG is the mildest that I've ever tasted. You can find their VG HERE

I don't think that they are USP maybe that's why they are so good.

But they are pricey so I'd like to find a cheaper source without sacrificing quality.

Any Suggestions
I buy Essential Depot vg and pg which is available on Amazon or directly from them in Sebring, Florida. I buy the non GMO, sustainable palm-based although they offer soy-based, as well. Here's a link to their website. I suggest you read about them and decide if their product is for you. They supply many other companies and I was introduced to their products through two acquaintances who owned an eliquid company. My experience using vg that was too viscous turned me towards Essential Depot. I've been happy so I stick (no pun intended) with them.

Vegetable Glycerin: Essential Depot

ETA: Of course, if you use Amazon Prime the shipping is free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread