Where do you guys get your Nicotine Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Someone told me once several years ago (treat as possibly out of date low grade rumor) that there were only 3 kinds of nic: American, Chinese, and Indian.
Nic River has Chemnovatic from Poland, PurNic from India, PurNic Salt- US, and Glass Nic from China.
My guess is the US made salt liquid has freebase from another country combined with acids in the US.
If I'm not mistaken, before they revamped their nic lineup, they had one from Switzerland as well.

The three best on paper are CNT, NicSelect and Chemnovatic. All better than USP and EU standard requirements. Who sells them, who you buy them off and how you get them are the variables. There is plenty of info out there about the manufacturers processes.
Yeah, hard to figure out how this one is better than 100% pure?
upload_2019-1-30_9-23-41.png

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have used both Nude (from nudenicotine) and PurNic (from nicotine river). When fresh they both seemed pretty close to me. Both colorless and non-peppery. However in my experience the Nude brand seemed to oxidize faster under identical conditions and become more peppery a bit faster. Now, this was not a side by side scientific comparison, but I have stuck with PurNic for the last few years and it has never got as peppery as the Nude did. Just my personal observation.

• Agree
Reactions: Vapntime

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I use Vaperstek out of Grove, Oklahoma. I get their EU sourced premium base, 100mg in a pure PG base.

Good stuff and fast shipping.
According to the Cert of Analysis they have on their site, they sell Chemnovatic, same as Nic River. But different packaging. Just noticed Vaperstek is $79 per ml, vs. $55 at NR.
upload_2019-1-30_15-58-27.png

Last edited:

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
According to the Cert of Analysis they have on their site, they sell Chemnovatic, same as Nic River. But different packaging. Just noticed Vaperstek is $79 per ml, vs. $55 at NR.

That's a pretty steep price difference. I like them because they are "local" (< 200 miles).

Last edited:
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Nic River has Chemnovatic from Poland, PurNic from India, PurNic Salt- US, and Glass Nic from China.
My guess is the US made salt liquid has freebase from another country combined with acids in the US.
If I'm not mistaken, before they revamped their nic lineup, they had one from Switzerland as well.

Yeah, hard to figure out how this one is better than 100% pure?
View attachment 795163

This should answer the 100% pure question
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/n3876?lang=en&region=US&ved=2ahUKEwjiuuWJk5fgAhXFdCsKHRx4DYkQFjANegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1Etz2M7UfHoX1_SznJjTcL

Yes CNT is processed in Switzerland at Sigma. I'm 99% (;)) sure that PurNic is NicSelect from a different supplier. Nicselect is processed in India. NicSelect is good FDA inspected etc etc.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
In the last 6 years I've been doing DIY, I've tried all the major names. Here's my favorite for you want clean flavor, water filtered, organic, and US made.

http://www.carolinaxtract.com/shop-cffd

Oh no, you are going to get me started now. Carolina has never provided a GC/MS cert. If you research the way they extract the nicotine co2 etc that method would likely include more of the other alkaloids than just nicotine or would require the use of a solvent to isolate just nicotine. Im happy to be wrong but they won't provide a cert.

Solvent based nicotine extraction is extremely pure now. If there was a better method I'm sure the big producers would be using it.

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Oh no, you are going to get me started now. Carolina has never provided a GC/MS cert. If you research the way they extract the nicotine co2 etc that method would likely include more of the other alkaloids than just nicotine. I'm happy to be wrong but they won't provide a cert.

Solvent based nicotine extraction is extremely pure now. If there was a better method I'm sure the big producers would be using it.

I think you missed the point of the thread. The guy started the thread to find a reliable supplier with good nicotine and fast shipping. He wasn't looking for a gas chromatography–mass spectrometry test.

• Winner
Reactions: IDJoel

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think you missed the point of the thread. The guy started the thread to find a reliable supplier with good nicotine and fast shipping. He wasn't looking for a gas chromatography–mass spectrometry test.
I don't know...seems the point of a forum is to discuss these things. I think it's worthwhile to at least know that Carolina uses a different process and doesn't provide certs.
Just my $1/50.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Borrego Springs, California
Nice, thanks guys!
And now it's time for me to eat a little humble pie
Delosi Labs did ship my order promptly
It was USPS that dropped the ball on the shipping info, their tracking showed Awaiting Package from Shipper up until the moment it was delivered.
It happens every time with them and I'm guessing it's the post office they are shipping through
They're in Florida and I'm all the way across the country in California
Sorry for the bad press Delosi!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Nice, thanks guys!
    And now it's time for me to eat a little humble pie
    Delosi Labs did ship my order promptly
    It was USPS that dropped the ball on the shipping info, their tracking showed Awaiting Package from Shipper up until the moment it was delivered.
    It happens every time with them and I'm guessing it's the post office they are shipping through
    They're in Florida and I'm all the way across the country in California
    Sorry for the bad press Delosi!
    Do you know what brand nic Delosi sells?

Reactions: IDJoel
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread