Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I know. All the ones I knew are just about gone. Very depressing. I haven't been in here much myself. Working on quitting vaping, too. I figure 7 years off of cigarettes are good. Maybe all the others I used to hang out with on here have done the same. Who knows? It's not you, though.

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Down Yonder
I know a ton of vapers who don't expose themselves online during these times of tyrannical political parties vying for power, each having their hands in the cookie jar of Big Business.

Nobody wants Hans Landa knocking on their door.

Extreme? Maybe. Historically common? Certainly.

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Down Yonder
Still here. Some of us are still licking our wounds. :(

I see a "comeback" in the future, or at least I hope so.

The "comeback" will happen if/when we get socialized medicine. The cost of today's lies won't be acceptable, in the face of medical facts, if the government is "paying" the bills.

If we don't get socialized medicine, it's bu$ine$$ as usual in Washington for the foreseeable future.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
You joined the forum 15 years ago?
I have a problem. I tend to say some really stupid stuff that makes people hate me. Then I create a new account, but I say more stupid stuff. So I make a new account. This has been going on for 15 years. So, I'm just going to stick with this account. Because I can't stop myself from saying stupid stuff.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The "comeback" will happen if/when we get socialized medicine. The cost of today's lies won't be acceptable, in the face of medical facts, if the government is "paying" the bills.

If we don't get socialized medicine, it's bu$ine$$ as usual in Washington for the foreseeable future.

You are absolutely right, nothing lowers cost more effectively and more quickly than the government takeover of a program or provision of a service. And while we are at it, let's discuss efficiency of delivery, the government has an excellent track record for efficiency. There will be minimal or no waste and certainly there will be no corruption.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Where you this guy? I forgot the name (Cigarette juice Guy).

CfI2GSQUUAAudgt.jpg:large

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    You are absolutely right, nothing lowers cost more effectively and more quickly than the government takeover of a program or provision of a service. And while we are at it, let's discuss efficiency of delivery, the government has an excellent track record for efficiency. There will be minimal or no waste and certainly there will be no corruption.

Where'd ya get the kool sarcasm font, CMD?

I need that. ;)

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Be careful not to bite your tongue when you stick it in your cheek like that.

Reactions: Superuser187

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    We know what they say about opinions, but here's mine anyway. :blink:

I've never believed this had/has anything to do with cost, or anything "social" at all. I believe that this amazing cottage industry, self-built, self-regulated, and self-policed, simply got so big that the powers decided to remove it from the hands of the (relatively) powerless, and hand it over to the powerful.

What we're witnessing, and what we're caught up in, is the transition of that power. Soon enough, vaping options will look and feel a lot like smoking options. Many "options", but very little true "options.

Can I prove it? Nope. Cannot. Don't care.

Barring any very clear evidence otherwise, I'll likely take that believe to my grave. Sadly, at that. :|

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Get out! Ha! Another day lived, another something learned. :thumbs:
    Yeah. I'm too stupid to figure out how to clear it out. Plus, It saves me from having to see all the pot device ads. I know, I know, there's ad blocker and all that I don't have time to keep on top of.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I see a lot of supporting members. Does being a "supporting member" or giving money to the platform do anything to bring more traffic to the ECF Forums?

But I also don't want to get shot in my sleep. Will supporting ECF allow people to know where I live?

Uh, nope, unless you put it there. It does help keep ECF alive, though :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread