Where Have You Been All My Life? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I just received my eGo starter kit this morning and wanted to let you all know that I feel like a total idiot for not taking vaping up sooner!

I've been a 2 pack a day smoker for nearly 25 years, and besides the health risks associated with smoking analogs, I was sickened at the thought of dropping almost $25 per day on a disgusting, smelly, dangerous habit. After months of lurking on this forum, gleaning all the information I could about vaping, I finally decided that it was time for me to make a stand and battle the cigarette addiction head on and order an eGo Starter kit. Only problem is, after I started vaping (roughly 12 hours ago) I'm still waiting for the "battle" to begin! I honestly haven't even thought about an analog all damn day! And if you think I'm giddy like a little school girl at that thought, you'd be 100% correct!

After I made the decision to try vaping to conquer the cigarette addiction, I placed my order for my starter kit. The anticipation I had while waiting for the kit to arrive can only be likened to my younger days as an early teenager when my girlfriend hinted that I might get to "second base" if I was good. Well, back in those days, I had no idea what "second base" was to bring, but I was positive I was going to like it! The same applied to my first vaping experience, and let me tell you, I love it!

After only 12 hours of vaping and being analog free, I feel empowered that I can have my life and health back! I'm enjoying everything smoking used to give me, a good throat hit, and watching the smoke as it was exhaled. My eGo is giving me the exact same things, but only in a much cleaner and healthier way!

The next thing I'm looking forward to is getting my sense of taste back to the point where I can actually taste these excellent e-juice flavors sitting in front of me! But when that happens, I guess it will be worthy of another post!

Man, I feel good! Thanks everyone!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Oh yeah, I used to think I watched my mailbox a lot when I signed up for Netflix, but that was nothin'. Get ready to do a whole helluva lot more of that too! :blink: :mail: :vapor:

I slipped a couple of times my first week because the cartos I got with my kit were kinda nasty, but after finding a few juices that I liked, I've not wanted one again.

Every now and then, I go sit outside on my old "smokers patio" and vape there for nostalgia, but that's about it.

And it wasn't invented 25 years ago, so that's where it's been.

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
Alright Vice! A lot of us are right there with you on the why the heck didn't I try this vaping sooner. Now most of feel like we've gotta make up for lost time as we start vaping more than we ever smoked. Beware, we've a fine bunch of enablers here on the ECF willing to help you by suggesting every mod, juice, atomizer, and battery we can think of to help keep you in our ranks. And Erich is totally right, soon enough you're going to be stalking the mailman like your a ten year old kid waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, only you'll be doing almost every day.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Alright Vice! A lot of us are right there with you on the why the heck didn't I try this vaping sooner. Now most of feel like we've gotta make up for lost time as we start vaping more than we ever smoked. Beware, we've a fine bunch of enablers here on the ECF willing to help you by suggesting every mod, juice, atomizer, and battery we can think of to help keep you in our ranks. And Erich is totally right, soon enough you're going to be stalking the mailman like your a ten year old kid waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, only you'll be doing almost every day.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I would have to agree with you Wingapo, that the money I thought I would be saving from not buying cigarettes is quickly being funneled towards e-juices! I think I may have replaced one vice with another! Oh well, at least so far I can breath without hearing myself! And Erich is totally right about watching the mailbox too! I'm not sure why the post office guarantees a delivery date, when it only turns out to be a roll of the dice in the end! I'm learning that a guaranteed delivery date of Tuesday, actually means Wednesday or Thursday!

Come on Postie, you can do it!!!!!!!

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
Watch out vise as the past month Priority Express often times means paying more for a longer delivery, like more than a month for some things I've ordered lately. I had no idea that the post office now ships things from the state next to me, Texas or Arizona, all the way to Maine then to Oregon down through California over to Tennessee and then here to New Mexico. And people wonder why the postal service is about to go under. My little $3 packages must be costing close to $5000 each to get delivered with a travel plan like that. I wonder if my packages can get the miles so they can take me on vacation to Hawaii or Bali when they finally arrive?

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Watch out vise as the past month Priority Express often times means paying more for a longer delivery, like more than a month for some things I've ordered lately. I had no idea that the post office now ships things from the state next to me, Texas or Arizona, all the way to Maine then to Oregon down through California over to Tennessee and then here to New Mexico. And people wonder why the postal service is about to go under. My little $3 packages must be costing close to $5000 each to get delivered with a travel plan like that. I wonder if my packages can get the miles so they can take me on vacation to Hawaii or Bali when they finally arrive?

And it may only get worse if they loose all the people they say they're gonna lay off, bet your britches the union will lay down before they agree to do more work to make up for it. And miss direct a package or two to say were just over worked oh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread