Where is the best place to find parts for DIY box mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Specifically the box itself. I'm trying to find a website that sells metal magnetic boxes that are similar to the Dreambox or the Raptor box mod. Also, is there any chance I can find a place that sells pre-cut wooden box "shells" that I can wire up and build to my own liking? Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm also looking for the best/cheapest place to buy DIY parts (510 connectors, springs, switches, etc). Thank you guys!

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA

You are just full of good ideas! I think I've decided to make my own wooden box just so I can get the exact dimensions I want. But I do have a friend that asked me to build him a metal box. Do you by any chance have a product number for the most popular Hammond box that is ordered from Mouser for dual 18650 (not running a chip. it's going to be "mechanical")?

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I think Mamu gets all those sexy boxes in unusual shapes and sizes for her famous DNA and Nivel-based mods from [edited] (without the spaces - ECF filters out that web site for some unknown reason)

But be warned, visiting that website is a good way to lose an entire evening, just browsing through their asoundingly large inventory.... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I think Mamu gets all those sexy boxes in unusual shapes and sizes for her famous DNA and Nivel-based mods from [edited] (without the spaces - ECF filters out that web site for some unknown reason)

But be warned, visiting that website is a good way to lose an entire evening, just browsing through their asoundingly large inventory.... ;-)

Can you PM me the website?

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013

Can you PM me the website, too, please!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Man, I definitely want to attempt a box mod in the future... I'm already spending so much money on this "hobby" though that I just can't justify it right now. I already have 1 VV/VW and 3 Mechanical Mods. Good luck with your venture building a box mod.

Yes, make your own! I did a few weeks of researching before I made the decision to follow through with making my own. They're really not all that hard to make. Just time consuming. But you definitely should look into it because it's sooooo much cheaper to do it yourself. AND... if anything goes wrong, no need to ship it anywhere. You fix it yourself!

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Can you PM me the website, too, please!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am also curious about this mysterious website. Could you PM me, as well, or give some other clue? Thanks!

ECF won't let me post or pm it. Email me and I can send you the website! {MODERATED}

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread