• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to Buy Batteries for 6v Vaping? (Silver Bullet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Hey folks. I've ordered a Silver Bullet from iVapour Elixir, but I held off getting batts from them as they seemed a bit overpriced. Getting 3.7v 18670 batts from DE is no prob, but I've been having a ....... of a time finding protected 3v batts to use for 6v vaping.

It seems like RCR123A ( Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v 900mAh Protected Batteries (2-pack) - Silver Bullet Spares - Silver Bullet) are the go, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that ships them to Oz at a reasonable price.

Does anyone know a good place to order some protected 3v batts for the SB? If I can't find any by Monday then I guess I'll cough up the 9.95GBP a pair and try and get iVapourElixir to add some to my order before they ship it.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Nice one, kimmy dub. I hadn't seen that JPT site before, thanks. And yeah, the LIFEPO4 batts are meant to be a safer chemistry than li-on.

Don't like the idea of vaping at 7.4v?

heh. I think I'll just try 6v to start with.

I've ordered some of these ( DealExtreme: $4.83 17340 / CR123A Rechargeable Lithium LiFePO4 Battery 2-Pack (350mAh) ) to test out 6v for now.

I'm still interested if anyone does know any good deals for getting protected 3.0v CR123A batts in Oz though.

Last edited:

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
There is a thread in the EM sub-forum about them and someone had this to say about them:

Lol oh how about this then...
Most batteries we use are horribly under rated...up to this point there has only been 1 3V battery that's really been capable of what we put them through without damaging the battery...
because of that C rating this is the second battery ..:D

See to really understand the batteries we have to compare the Max discharge rate of the battery to the amp draw of the atty/voltage combo....
The most demanding amp draw at 6V is a 510 atomizer at 2.61A
The tenergy 3V LiFePo4 batteries have a max drain rating of <.55A
(so they're very overstressed when using them, and overstressing them causes premature battery death and could possibly lead to catastrophic battery failure)
The AW 3V LiFePo4 batteries have a max drain rate of <5A
These because of the # you just gave me have a max drain rate of <10A

given the amp draw versus the max drain rate and combined with the mAh and C rating... you can pretty much get a pretty accurate guess as to exactly how long the battery will last...
so comparing this one to the AW one...
the AW is capable of 3A for 10 minutes continuous
this one is capable of 3A for 20 minutes continuous
if we convert that into seconds and then say an average of 3second button presses this new one you have is good for around 400 3second long button presses at least versus half that for the only other 3V battery truely capable of running any atty at 6V...

LOL..point is by just giving me the max continuous discharge rate of 10C...it tells me way more than you probably imagined...tells me how long it lasts roughly, how stressed it's going to be (barely), how often into it's duty cycle I should change them out to maintain safety...so I've got better than 43minutes in...in understanding what that means....and believe me the admiration is there...I'd say that this is currently the best battery for 6V on the market currently..

You may just want to check the size of them for the SB as they are a bit bigger than the other cr123 and 17335's I am using atm.
DSC00681.jpg

Last edited:

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for the info, Dogs. That write up does make them sound pretty good alright. I had been curious about the size of them too, so the pic is awesome.

Got an email back from JPT
Legend, thanks K. That is a bit pricey, but still, it's good to know there's a local supplier in case of emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread