Where to buy BLANK CARTS for Blu??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Where can I get some? And no... I don't want to use my 510 carts/atty's, I want the same carts.

Thanks!

I haven't been able to find any, either, although I sort of stopped looking when I realized that the starter kit came with 25 carts which I can just empty out and refill.

At some point I think someone had said that 401 carts work, but you can't push them all the way onto the atty or you get no draw; you have to leave a mm or so for airflow. I haven't tried this, though, so I don't know for sure.

jen28f

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Chester, WV
blu doesnt sell blank carts because they only want you to buy more cartridges from them. that is the only way they are supposed to be used, according to the company. in fact, refilling with juice will negate your warranty if they know. Like you said, just save all those carts, rinse in hot water and reuse. the fluffing can also be rinsed and refluffed and used a few times, or you can buy a bag of that polyfill stuff at a fabric store and use it. The blue carts arent really compatible with the ptb mod. Maybe you could use fluval, too!

misterME

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Charleston, SC - USA
AQuavapor.com sells the stuff for the L88B it's the same thing as the blue ( i use my blue batteries and blue attys on the l88b and switch around. his comes with the little foil tops as well ( yes there is juice in em

I couldn't find any blank carts available for the L88b on the AquaVapor site. Did a pretty thorough online search looking to see if anyone sold them, but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Electronic Cigarette Refill Cartridges for less - Our cartridges fit several popular models so buy from us and Save!

yeah buy the refill carts or use the ones you have now and clean them out.

Viola .... Blank carts.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I still have maybe 18 carts from the starter kit that I haven't even broken the seal on, since I just keep replacing the polyfill in the ones I'm using and it works fine.

blu refills break down to $1 per cart, which isn't totally awful even if you're just going to dump them out and refill them... I just ordered ten blank 510 carts from InnoVapor and they were $0.88 apiece, and that's with no liquid in them.

Calfun58

Aug 7, 2009
I have the Blu, 510 and NJOY. I was ready to trash the Blu. Really poor performer for me. And no open carts, no vapor delivery on the prefilleds. Then I started dripping fluid on the Blu Atomizer and simply dripping a bit into the used Blu carts. Works great for 10+ puffs. And lots of good taste and vapor. So Blu is now used as a backup and quick taste test device.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I have the Blu, 510 and NJOY. I was ready to trash the Blu. Really poor performer for me. And no open carts, no vapor delivery on the prefilleds. Then I started dripping fluid on the Blu Atomizer and simply dripping a bit into the used Blu carts. Works great for 10+ puffs. And lots of good taste and vapor. So Blu is now used as a backup and quick taste test device.

I found that I really liked the taste of the blu liquid, but the vapor production wasn't fantastic after the first several draws, and I had my doubts about what exactly was in the liquid (I tend to be paranoid that way), so I started refilling blu's carts with Johnson Creek reduced-PG liquids, and couldn't be much happier. Different liquids yield different amounts of vapor-- I'm getting the best with JC Original and Black Cherry, which is actually great, because those are two of my favorites, and Tennessee Cured is performing very well, too. Chocolate Truffle is a bit more hit-or-miss, and the Espresso seems consistently thinnest.

But all of them are more consistently producing much better vapor for me than the blu pre-filled carts. (I'd tried Classic Tobacco, Java Jolt, and Cherry Crush before I switched to JC liquids.)

Tip about the blu atomizer: the wick is so long and exposed, even better than dripping is dipping. Pour some liquid into a small, shallow container (I use a contact lens case-- screw on the caps and carry two flavors with you) and just dip the mesh into the liquid for a few seconds. Far less chance of flooding the atty than by dripping, and it's less apt to be messy, too. Then pop on a mouthpiece-- I find it works best if I push the inner cart out of the mouthpiece with a straightened paper clip and just use the completely empty mouthpiece-- and you're good to go.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd do this all the time, because the performance is pretty amazing. :)

misterME

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Charleston, SC - USA
I found that I really liked the taste of the blu liquid, but the vapor production wasn't fantastic after the first several draws, and I had my doubts about what exactly was in the liquid (I tend to be paranoid that way), so I started refilling blu's carts with Johnson Creek reduced-PG liquids, and couldn't be much happier. Different liquids yield different amounts of vapor-- I'm getting the best with JC Original and Black Cherry, which is actually great, because those are two of my favorites, and Tennessee Cured is performing very well, too. Chocolate Truffle is a bit more hit-or-miss, and the Espresso seems consistently thinnest.

But all of them are more consistently producing much better vapor for me than the blu pre-filled carts. (I'd tried Classic Tobacco, Java Jolt, and Cherry Crush before I switched to JC liquids.)

Tip about the blu atomizer: the wick is so long and exposed, even better than dripping is dipping. Pour some liquid into a small, shallow container (I use a contact lens case-- screw on the caps and carry two flavors with you) and just dip the mesh into the liquid for a few seconds. Far less chance of flooding the atty than by dripping, and it's less apt to be messy, too. Then pop on a mouthpiece-- I find it works best if I push the inner cart out of the mouthpiece with a straightened paper clip and just use the completely empty mouthpiece-- and you're good to go.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd do this all the time, because the performance is pretty amazing. :)

Hmmmm. I'll have to give that a shot. Sounds pretty sweet.

wittler

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Winter Haven, Fl
I had a Blu at one time and moved on to a Joye 306. We all know the parts with the 510 can be swapped with the Blu so can the 306. Pick up a few 306 atomizers. and some 306 carts. The cart inside is a little larger than Blu and the 306 atomizer is just hands down better. I used the 306 atty all the time on the Blu when they were having shipping issues.

Honestly, wouldn't go back to a Blu atty, the 306 is like smoking a mini 510. Tons of vapor. 306 atomizers around $10.00, packs of carts $4.00.
Costs a little more, but well worth it.

If you like the flavor of Blu? Well, your just stuck with Blu

JOYE 306 SERIES:ATOMIZER
JOYE 306 SERIES:BLANK CARTS

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I had a Blu at one time and moved on to a Joye 306. We all know the parts with the 510 can be swapped with the Blu so can the 306. Pick up a few 306 atomizers. and some 306 carts. The cart inside is a little larger than Blu and the 306 atomizer is just hands down better. I used the 306 atty all the time on the Blu when they were having shipping issues.

Honestly, wouldn't go back to a Blu atty, the 306 is like smoking a mini 510. Tons of vapor. 306 atomizers around $10.00, packs of carts $4.00.
Costs a little more, but well worth it.

This definitely sounds like something to try-- thanks! Do you happen to know how much length the 306 atty + cart adds to the overall length of blu? I'm curious if it would still fit in the blu PCC.

Man, I'd love it if someone started keeping up a database of all the gear, what was compatible with what, and what the measurements were...

wittler

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Winter Haven, Fl
This definitely sounds like something to try-- thanks! Do you happen to know how much length the 306 atty + cart adds to the overall length of blu? I'm curious if it would still fit in the blu PCC.

Man, I'd love it if someone started keeping up a database of all the gear, what was compatible with what, and what the measurements were...

The actual cart size of the 306 is the same length as a Blu cart. I think the 306 carts are better, not only is the liquid cart larger, but it has a rubber plug on top to catch juice like the 510 carts.

The 306 on the Blu battery is the same length as the Blu overall. However,
when you put the 306 carts loose in the PCC you need to shave a small amount of the rubber plug on the end of the cart. Its not a problem there is plenty of rubber there. This will make the PCC close nice and tight.

Also, Rocky Mountain Vapor has a sale going for 306 atomizers $6.00.
JOYE306 Atomizers

I attached a link with a photo of the 306 cart and you can see the rubber end of the cart.
306A Blank cartridges 5 pack
http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/category.sc?categoryId=35

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
The actual cart size of the 306 is the same length as a Blu cart. I think the 306 carts are better, not only is the liquid cart larger, but it has a rubber plug on top to catch juice like the 510 carts.

The 306 on the Blu battery is the same length as the Blu overall. However,
when you put the 306 carts loose in the PCC you need to shave a small amount of the rubber plug on the end of the cart. Its not a problem there is plenty of rubber there. This will make the PCC close nice and tight.

Also, Rocky Mountain Vapor has a sale going for 306 atomizers $6.00.
JOYE306 Atomizers

I attached a link with a photo of the 306 cart and you can see the rubber end of the cart.
306A Blank cartridges 5 pack
http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/category.sc?categoryId=35

Excellent, thanks! I've ordered a couple of 306A atomizers and a couple of 5-packs of 306A blank carts. When they arrive I'll give 'em a whirl and report back. :)

Calfun58

Aug 7, 2009
Thanks for the advice here. The Dip technique worked well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread