Where to buy Blu attys????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykk

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Florida
Hi, y'all - I was given a couple of Blu batts and atties awhile back that "didn't work". Found they were just fine. The "problem" was that these Blus run/charge at a NEGATIVE voltage rather than the positive voltage, center pin to casing, that every other rig I've seen runs at.

Anyhow, the batteries put out a higher voltage than the m-series ones I typically use which works fine since the atty coil resistance is about an ohm higher than that of m-series atties. The 2.8V m40x voltage is too low. I've swapped connector sexes on a few 801/501 batteries to use with these atomizers as well. I like them because they burn good and hot and are super easy to clean with the high, pointy wick, and have lasted WAY longer than most of the m-series atties I have. (though it doesn't seem to do a very good/quick job of wicking - my only complaint) M-series carts fit "fair", too - just gotta push it hard to get it all the way.

So, where the heck can I buy some of these atomizers??? Seems every site Google shows is a review page or a forum and any links take me to the Blu site which seems to be all hosed up and un-navigable on my browser, IE7. Sure would like to get my hands on a few more for spares and also to mod to work with m40x batts by taking out a turn or two of nichrome on the coils and swapping connectors on some m401 batts...

Thanks!
Rick

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Hi, y'all - I was given a couple of Blu batts and atties awhile back that "didn't work". Found they were just fine. The "problem" was that these Blus run/charge at a NEGATIVE voltage rather than the positive voltage, center pin to casing, that every other rig I've seen runs at.

Anyhow, the batteries put out a higher voltage than the m-series ones I typically use which works fine since the atty coil resistance is about an ohm higher than that of m-series atties. The 2.8V m40x voltage is too low. I've swapped connector sexes on a few 801/501 batteries to use with these atomizers as well. I like them because they burn good and hot and are super easy to clean with the high, pointy wick, and have lasted WAY longer than most of the m-series atties I have. (though it doesn't seem to do a very good/quick job of wicking - my only complaint) M-series carts fit "fair", too - just gotta push it hard to get it all the way.

So, where the heck can I buy some of these atomizers??? Seems every site Google shows is a review page or a forum and any links take me to the Blu site which seems to be all hosed up and un-navigable on my browser, IE7. Sure would like to get my hands on a few more for spares and also to mod to work with m40x batts by taking out a turn or two of nichrome on the coils and swapping connectors on some m401 batts...

Thanks!
Rick

the voltage difference does not matter to an atomizer, just the charger. A wire (the atty) does not care which direction current flows through it.

any 510 style threaded atty will work. 510/306 are the most common.

Rykk

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Florida
"...No the voltage difference does not matter to an atomizer..."

No, it doesn't. BUT - polarity does matter to the battery circuitry being screwed into the charger and to the charger as well. From what I've been able to figure out visually and without a schematic, when you plug a batt into a charger, it forward biases a diode/transistor that allows direct contact between the charger circuit and the battery. Apply the wrong polarity voltage to the battery designed for a particular polarity charging voltage and the charger might forward bias the wrong diode putting current thru a different/wrong path and to ground or its negative/common. Shuts the charger right down - I've seen it. Probably thru yet another diode junction with some resistance as the charger doesn't seem to be harmed by short-duration connection and the LED goes dark. Might harm them putting the wrong polarity 4.2-4.6V and forcing current in the wrong paths for too long, though. This is with automatic switch batts. I've not had occasion to take apart and repair any manual ones as yet.

Anyhow, any suggestions on a good site to pick up a 306 atty and maybe some Blu batteries? I've been pretty happy with the Blu's operation and durability for 4 months, now, and would like to pull the innards out of some and install them into some m401 or 801 casings with higher capacity (mAh) batteries.

And where I can get a generic SCHEMATIC for e-cig batts???? Surely, someone has reverse engineered them by now. The circuit architecture for the 6-7 different kinds of auto batt I've fixed/dismantled seems pretty much the same except for the part brands and differences in the size/power rating of the diodes/transistors. The Chinese don't seem to give a squat about the JDEC standards for part marking and I've had no success in identifying the parts or I'd have made my own schematic by now.

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited:

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
"...No the voltage difference does not matter to an atomizer..."

No, it doesn't. BUT - polarity does matter to the battery circuitry being screwed into the charger and to the charger as well. From what I've been able to figure out visually and without a schematic, when you plug a batt into a charger, it forward biases a diode/transistor that allows direct contact between the charger circuit and the battery. Apply the wrong polarity voltage to the battery designed for a particular polarity charging voltage and the charger might forward bias the wrong diode putting current thru a different/wrong path and to ground or its negative/common. Shuts the charger right down - I've seen it. Probably thru yet another diode junction with some resistance as the charger doesn't seem to be harmed by short-duration connection and the LED goes dark. Might harm them putting the wrong polarity 4.2-4.6V and forcing current in the wrong paths for too long, though. This is with automatic switch batts. I've not had occasion to take apart and repair any manual ones as yet.

Anyhow, any suggestions on a good site to pick up a 306 atty and maybe some Blu batteries? I've been pretty happy with the Blu's operation and durability for 4 months, now, and would like to pull the innards out of some and install them into some m401 or 801 casings with higher capacity (mAh) batteries.

And where I can get a generic SCHEMATIC for e-cig batts???? Surely, someone has reverse engineered them by now. The circuit architecture for the 6-7 different kinds of auto batt I've fixed/dismantled seems pretty much the same except for the part brands and differences in the size/power rating of the diodes/transistors. The Chinese don't seem to give a squat about the JDEC standards for part marking and I've had no success in identifying the parts or I'd have made my own schematic by now.

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks,
Rick

If you notice my original post, i did mention that it matters to the charger.

why not just get some 510 batteries and a 306? what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

Rykk

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Florida
"...what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?..."

I'm using them because they were freebies from a vaporette seller at a flea market. She gave me a couple of "bad" (just needed minus 4.2V charging) batt's as well. I've also modded some of the higher/longer capacity, higher voltage batteries I have to use with them as well as a 510. I like the atties because the burn good and hot with 3.4V batteries and - due to the large clearance between the wick and the coil - are very easily inspected with a microscope and you can get a guitar string in there to scrape the crisped gunk off after some dry and wet (H2O2) burns and then flush out the chunks with a syringe. So far, they've lasted WAY longer than any of my m-series atties without me having to repair them. I use m4x series carts (tight fit) with them since that's my noke of choice. Mostly due to the low price. I don't think there is a cheaper vaporette system than the m4x as far as refilling, parts, and ease of maintenance goes. Good taste, decent hit, not too heavy in your mouth, and basically the same diameter as a cigarette. Just my feelings/opinion - please, no flames! :)

The thread pattern is the same as an m4x batt, so I modified an old kr808d-2 charger by swapping the output polarity and changing the connector to a male m4x I had around. I can charge the 2 Blu batteries on a regular m-series charger with an adapter I made that swaps the polarity to be compatible with the Blu's negative voltage scheme.

All in all, just trying to use whatever I get my hands on because it saves $$, saves time, and it's FUN trying to repair them and figure ways to make them all work together. Thanks for the Volcano link!

C-ya,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread