Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi, I have been vaping for over 10 years. My ex husband used to make the e juice and I have the recipe, but I don’t have the nicotine bottle to see what it was and the only thing I can find online are diluted nicotine solutions. I use pg for mixing so of base. Thank you in advance for all the help
Are you wanting to buy nic for diy? There are many strength options out there so not exactly sure what you're not finding.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

PurplePiggy

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Well I was always wearing gloves handling it and the original bottle was transferred into 2 dark plain glass bottles and stored in a freezer. I am newbie and not a newbie at the same time. I have no idea what I had, but was told I vape 22%nic and that is exactly what I added 22% of total mixture was nic, rest flavoring and pg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well I was always wearing gloves handling it and the original bottle was transferred into 2 dark plain glass bottles and stored in a freezer. I am newbie and not a newbie at the same time. I have no idea what I had, but was told I vape 22%nic and that is exactly what I added 22% of total mixture was nic, rest flavoring and pg
You don't know your mg?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have no idea what I had, but was told I vape 22%nic and that is exactly what I added 22% of total mixture was nic, rest flavoring and pg

Eliquid is made to have a specific mg/mL of nicotine. So maybe what you were vaping was eliquid at 22mg/mL. People who DIY and vendors of eliquid don't specify the nicotine level in %.

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

OK. If you tried vaping 22% nic you would probably die. That is dangerously strong. We generally talk about nic in mg/ml, often shortened to just mg. 22% nic would be 220 mg/ml. 24mg is considered high. I use 6mg in mine. Just to give you a general idea. The highest concentration you can normally buy is 100mg nic.

I wonder if you were vaping 22mg.

So you made your juice where 22% of the mixture was whatever was in the nic bottle. If your nic is 100mg then that would give you a final concentration of around 20mg. If your nic was 50mg then you would end up with 10mg in your juice.

I wouldn't really advise using whatever nic you have left since you don't know what concentration it is. But I think you would be safe assuming it isn't more than 100mg. So you juice you mix would be no more than 20mg which is a safe level.

Good luck

*** hopefully someone can double check my arithmetic

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Do you know how many mls the bottle of the final mix was in?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi, I have been vaping for over 10 years. My ex husband used to make the e juice and I have the recipe, but I don’t have the nicotine bottle to see what it was and the only thing I can find online are diluted nicotine solutions. I use pg for mixing so of base. Thank you in advance for all the help
Post the entire recipe.

• Winner
Reactions: zoiDman

Ellick

Unresolved Status
Sep 3, 2019
Shenzhen,China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Maybe it was 2.2% (that would equal 22 mg/ml) or maybe it was VG based concentrated nicotine and used at 22% of the total mix. It sounds like you are saying the final mix was mostly PG... very unlikely (it would be super thin!) We all want to help, but we are all just really guessing. Maybe we can "reverse engineer" this. How much juice do you vape in a day (how big is the tank you use in ml, and how many times do you fill it a day)? Would you describe it as "strong" nicotine (if you vaped a lot, would you get dizzy / nausea)? It might be easier to just get some pre-made and try it to compare (thickness, nic "buzz") What vape device (that will help use recommend thickness of juice... VG/PG ratio)? Hope we can help... DIY is the best!

Ellick

Unresolved Status
Sep 3, 2019
Shenzhen,China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
BTW, Nicotine River has really good prices for concentrated nic. What I do is get 48mg nic in PG and mix with VG to end up with 65VG/35PG at 12 mg nic (but there are many way to do this) Also, I think anything stronger than that (like 100 mg) has less shipping options.
Nicotine river has free shipping on orders over $50. That includes stronger stuff like 100mg nic base. At least they did every time I order from them, I haven't checked back there for a little while.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hola PP,

Find test kit.
Test your base
----
Mix safely!

Please post your recipe.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread