• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy replacement wick and coil....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
Hey fellow Canadians, Im sure this has been covered somewhere but i just cant seem to find the right words to search for it haha. Anyways im curious to try and rebuild my T2 Kanger clearos but dont know where to look for the wire and wick. I want some 32Awg Kanthal wire and some 2mm wick. Obviously i want quality but does anyone know a cheap place for price and shipping here in Canada? I live in the GTA so maybe theres a local place but idk. Could you PM me any of your thoughts on this plz. THX everybody

CHEERS

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
Check here... you will probably get an answer right away...Modding Forum

I read somewere there in a super long thread that medical gauze make a great wick.

It's not Canadian though is it? I'd prefer to find a place here to avoid massive shipping fees if possible

Dhevil

Jun 4, 2012
Duncan, BC, Canada

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
Jugheads has a bunch of stuff in their mod squad section, including 2mm fibrewick. I think they recently added a bunch of stuff, including cotton wick, which is supposed to be really good, but it will burn if you let it dry out.

edit: they even have bamboo wick, i wonder how that stuff works.
Yea when I tried looking earlier the site was down but I just on it and they have everything needed. Thx ppl
CHEERS

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
So what's better cotton or fiber? And why?

Hey James416, been re-wicking my stardusts using 1mm cotton(string, from Switcher) for a couple weeks now. When the silica falls apart after many cleanings I found it very easy to do a dryburn with no wick installed, slide a 1.4mm electronics screwdriver through the coil to open it up some, then wet/twist and insert the cotton wick into the coil, unfurl it and I'm off to the races.

Cotton is more readily available, cheaper, is easy to work with, has less health risks associated with it and works just as well if not better than silica in my limited experience.
Oh, did I mention I seem to be getting more vapour? Thats always nice too!

Now it does need replacing after a few days but I only dryburn once a week or so and just remove the old wick before doing so and put in fresh wick when it's done.

YMMV but for me the cotton is a win, glad I tried it. Get even more life from a 2 dollar
replacement head.:vapor::vapor:

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
Hey James416, been re-wicking my stardusts using 1mm cotton(string, from Switcher) for a couple weeks now. When the silica falls apart after many cleanings I found it very easy to do a dryburn with no wick installed, slide a 1.4mm electronics screwdriver through the coil to open it up some, then wet/twist and insert the cotton wick into the coil, unfurl it and I'm off to the races.

Cotton is more readily available, cheaper, is easy to work with, has less health risks associated with it and works just as well if not better than silica in my limited experience.
Oh, did I mention I seem to be getting more vapour? Thats always nice too!

Now it does need replacing after a few days but I only dryburn once a week or so and just remove the old wick before doing so and put in fresh wick when it's done.

YMMV but for me the cotton is a win, glad I tried it. Get even more life from a 2 dollar
replacement head.:vapor::vapor:

The prices I found for the silica wasn't all that bad, I was a pack a day smoker so I don't mind if it was 1$ for 4" haha.. Once I get familiar with all this I'll start to venture out trying all sorts of different materials but for now the best of the best. Idk about the changing it every few days part either but like I said I'll learn the ropes then try everything. Thx

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
I don't have a rebuildable anything "yet" but I've also read that bamboo yarn (from Michael's in the knitting section) has given good results. Cotton yarn, cheesecloth, and guaze (untreated with no medicinal ingredients) are all really good and available at knitting/craft stores and/or pharmacies have been giving good results.

For the kanthal wire, the places that sell it that I have seen (just by taking note of it as I want to try this myself) are Jugheads, VaporGeek, HappyVaper and JRCustomTurning. I didn't pay attention to guage yet though, but they are places that you can check out.

Mind if I ask where you got the Kanger clearo from? I love my kanger cartos and am getting a vivi nova for my first rebuildable, but would love to try the kanger version.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
So what's better cotton or fiber? And why?

Here is that long thread i mentioned earlier in this topic. It goes into depth about different wicking materials and the safety of them, its a 290 pg thread i have not read thru it all yet but the medical gauze seems the best material. Its a long read but definately informative and IMO worth it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html

post #109 is a review of a gauze wick including pics

Last edited:

James416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
ECF & GTA Durham Region
I don't have a rebuildable anything "yet" but I've also read that bamboo yarn (from Michael's in the knitting section) has given good results. Cotton yarn, cheesecloth, and guaze (untreated with no medicinal ingredients) are all really good and available at knitting/craft stores and/or pharmacies have been giving good results.

For the kanthal wire, the places that sell it that I have seen (just by taking note of it as I want to try this myself) are Jugheads, VaporGeek, HappyVaper and JRCustomTurning. I didn't pay attention to guage yet though, but they are places that you can check out.

Mind if I ask where you got the Kanger clearo from? I love my kanger cartos and am getting a vivi nova for my first rebuildable, but would love to try the kanger version.
I got all my gear from Canvape, so far there the cheapest for the T2's and replacement coils. As for the rebuildable supplies i actually just placed an order with jugheads for wick and wire, there pretty affordable as well. I wish i could find that one vendor that sells it all though, from DIY ejuice to all the gear. My next goal after rebuilding is DIY juice then i wanna get into the super mods, Its a shame all that stuff needs ordered from the U.S., shipping fees are crazy haha. I just bought some sweetener from Ms T's and paid more for shipping then i did for the product, i hear its top notch so it'll be worth it. So far my only road block has been finding 10cc syringes in bulk, so anybody thats reading this if you know where at a good price pm me the info.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread