• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy VG & PG in Oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i just wanted to know if the Oz wide 'chain' supermarkets sell VG, and if so what brand do you recommend buying. Also, is it possible to order or buy PG from local chemists.
Thanks in advance
I can't speak for your local stores (I'm quite a distance from there) but you can get food grade VG and PG on Ebay Australia and/or Ebay US. Sure, you'd have to wait a bit for the post, but you could be buying a large quantity.
Just thought I'd throw that out at you.

Jim

webofsound

May 22, 2009
Tasmania
OK, yep..thanks Jim for your input. I saw one seller of VG on Ebay Oz. It looks like a bit of a "backyard operation" though. ie. when i see bottles of anything with labels that look like i could of printed em with my dot matrix printer in 1986, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. ;)

There's no PG on ebay Oz, and i bet would cost heaps to ship from the States...and i wonder about customs too??

OK, yep..thanks Jim for your input. I saw one seller of VG on Ebay Oz. It looks like a bit of a "backyard operation" though. ie. when i see bottles of anything with labels that look like i could of printed em with my dot matrix printer in 1986, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. ;)

There's no PG on ebay Oz, and i bet would cost heaps to ship from the States...and i wonder about customs too??

Good move. LOL
You sound like you should visit my thread, do a lookup on "Insults"

bauway

Moved On
May 21, 2009
China
www.bauway.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
I'm not sure where to get PG, but I get my VG from the local supermarket. It's labelled 'Glycerine'. Find it in the baking supplies section. Brand name is Queens, who also make the flavours I use :)

I've decided that I'd rather use PG if I can find some though. The VG is a little to thick, and doesn't wick out of the carts properly.

ilovetokidoki

Moved On
May 22, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: Spam, Supplier posing as member

webofsound

May 22, 2009
Tasmania
Cool, thanks for the 'heads up'...i've only seen Queens brand essence flavours at my local Coles baking section, will try Woolies or others. Is there a diff between Vegetable Glycerine & just "Glycerine"?

...just thinkin off the top of my my head, but might be worth seeking out a good Gourmet type food store, for a better range of this kinda stuff...i'm only recently in Tassie, so not sure what we have here.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
I have a question, are there Australian equivilants of the LorAnn flavorings?

Hi Spirat,

The only thing I've found is Queen food flavourings. You can use a few of these, but not all of them. Check the ingredients. If they contain no sugar, and first two listed ingredients are 'water, propylene glycol', then it will be fine to use.

I've used chocolate, orange, coconut, rum and strawberry.

Perpuk

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hi Darkmonk

You can but glycerine at your local chemist,

Interesting. I did not know it was available here in 500ml. I will ask my local if he can get some. I have used the same chemist for years so if he can get some I should be OK. I was just worried he would ask what I wanted it for.

VG is easy. Most Chemists stock Glycerol BP . From what I can work out this is the Commonwealth equivalent of USP - so pretty pure. I also have the Queen Glycerine, but to be sure of purity the BP version might be the best bet.

Re Queen's flavourings, just read the labels. Also, be careful of the concentration. I thought they would be weak compared to the US "LorAnn" (which is candy/chocolate flavouring so very concentrated), but they can be surprisingly strong. I have found that a drop or two mixed with tobacco flavours, VG etc. can give you a realy nice, strong flavour. I am thinking that maybe Australian flavourings are more concentrated than American - maybe like the beer? (Joke?). Even those with oil (and be careful - natural often means oil eg. almond) are probably OK in very, very, very, very small amounts. Even colours won't hurt too much if you are very careful. Commercial juice is often coloured.

If you want LorAnn try local chocolate ingredient suppliers. All us vapors could give a much needed boost to those small businesses!

Off the point - I just got some EcoPure Fresh & Krystal from the UK. This is expensive compared to Chinese stuff. I think it is VG. Amazingly they appear to have the viscosity just right. Adding a few drops of Krystal to one of my mixes really improved the flavour, draw, vapor - just about everything. Must be the viscosity! Need to match it somehow.

The Ecopure Fresh is also very smooth - a bit like Kent?? Of course none of this is anything like analogues. I have only been vaping since Monday. I chain vape when at home (thank God for the USB passthrough) as I am weaning off over 30 years of cigs. My lips feel like, well, glycerine - same thing that is in lip protector, QV skin cream etc. Plasticky? chemical feeling - woops - still looking for the cigarette lighter.

Off the point - I just got some EcoPure Fresh & Krystal from the UK. This is expensive compared to Chinese stuff. I think it is VG. Amazingly they appear to have the viscosity just right. Adding a few drops of Krystal to one of my mixes really improved the flavour, draw, vapor - just about everything. Must be the viscosity! Need to match it somehow.

The Ecopure Fresh is also very smooth - a bit like Kent?? Of course none of this is anything like analogues. I have only been vaping since Monday. I chain vape when at home (thank God for the USB passthrough) as I am weaning off over 30 years of cigs. My lips feel like, well, glycerine - same thing that is in lip protector, QV skin cream etc. Greasy chemical feeling - woops - still looking for the cigarette lighter.

A final PS. I got my Eco Pure from e-cig shop. The Krystal had a useby date of January 2010. I queried this, they apologised and said they would send another. Thank heavens these places have good customer service. We cannot just pop round to the corner store for our supplies in the great downunder becoming a nanny state!

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Re Queen's flavourings, just read the labels. Also, be careful of the concentration. I thought they would be weak compared to the US "LorAnn" (which is candy/chocolate flavouring so very concentrated), but they can be surprisingly strong. I have found that a drop or two mixed with tobacco flavours, VG etc. can give you a realy nice, strong flavour.

I only tested Vanilla Essence and Brandy Essence, but neither was particularly strong. It may just be a flavor thing, since I haven't tried any others yet. I think these are the ones everyone ends up using: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

tonic

Jan 3, 2010
Australia
Can someone give me a run down on why you'd want to buy Glycerine in bulk? Is it to maximize the throat hit or for just mixing your own?

I use it for making my own no nic cartridges and for cutting with nic eliquid .

I usually buy 24mg nic eliquid flavoured or unflavoured then cut that to 12 or 6 depending on when I plan to smoke that flavour. It works out a lot cheaper for me to do it this way and I don't have to import as much nicotine eliquid which seems a good thing considering packages are starting to be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread