Where Can I Get A......? Where to find Everclear (pure ethanol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
my understanding is you can only get 151 proof everclear in florida.The total wine liquor store in palm beach county has the 151.
Does anyone know if sweetbay has the 190 proof everclear? That would save me a liquor store run the next time out of state.
Called the indian reservation never got an answer but thinking they might not want to promote 190 proof eveclear so never drove to the gas station liquor store on rt7/441 in hollywood

kjj

Jan 4, 2010
MN
Maybe someone on this forum that is going to be driving through the area and could pick some up for you.

Minnesota doesn't allow it for sale, but I work right on the Mississippi river, so I popped over to Wisconsin on my lunch break the other day to get mine.

On the other hand, 151 should work just fine for just about anything you would need it for, as long as it is a neutral spirit.

Here in Oregon all "hard liquor" (basically anything over 20 proof) is limited to sales from Oregon Liquor Control Commission operated stores. 190 proof PGA like Everclear is available, but it is usually kept behind the counter ostensibly because it is a fire hazard. So the lesson is: You might need to ask about it.

kjj

Jan 4, 2010
MN
Alcohol is really only used for two things in the vaping world. One is cleaning, and the other is mixing.

For mixing, you are looking for three qualities: drinkable, neutral, and strong. Drinkable is obvious, I should think. Neutral because you don't want your stuff to taste like whatever booze you are using. And strong because you can then use less of it to get the effect you need. Use 190 if you can get it, but 151 is still 75% ethanol and will work just fine.

For cleaning, you can use the same stuff that you mix with, or you can use isopropyl. Isopropyl has the advantage of being very, very cheap. I got a 16 ounce bottle of 91% for maybe $2 at Walmart, while my liter of everclear was $19.

If you use isopropyl, let stuff dry well before using. A little residue isn't going to kill you, but I would try to minimize it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread