Where to find wick and wire aside from a b&m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
You might try McMaster-Carr. They don't have kanthal, they have nichrome and the thinnest silica rope is 1/4" but it's braided and you might be able to unravel it. I wouldn't though, dry silica particles are very bad for you to breathe in. They're in Robbinsville now. They used to be in Dayton in Middlesex county which was very good for me when I lived up there. Call in your order and pick it up at the Will Call.
Home Depot isn't going to have anything you want. Maybe check out Grainger too.
Honestly though, I'd just order it from the web instead of driving on a wild goose chase in that state. Just got back and was reminded all over about the traffic, traffic, traffic. :)

Salm12

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Monmouth County, NJ
Oh there's nothing wrong with getting it online. I was just curious if other places carried them. Also, I was pretty impatient haha. I just did my first rebuild last night and was kind of anxious to do it again. I had to take apart a Drunker tank replacement coil that I had and used the wick and wire from that to rebuild my Octopus. It took me a long time but I finally got it. I was putting off getting into the rba game for a while, but I did enjoy it.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Oh there's nothing wrong with getting it online. I was just curious if other places carried them. Also, I was pretty impatient haha. I just did my first rebuild last night and was kind of anxious to do it again. I had to take apart a Drunker tank replacement coil that I had and used the wick and wire from that to rebuild my Octopus. It took me a long time but I finally got it. I was putting off getting into the RBA game for a while, but I did enjoy it.

Ok Temco on ebay shipped my wire for free and I got it in 2 days (they use priority mail).

WalMart Has 100% cotton peaches and cream yarn which after boiling a few times to get the fabric sizings out (get the white or natural color) works fine and dandy as wick in clearos just don't dry burn it:) There are several threads on wicking with cotton if you do a search.

Salm12

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Monmouth County, NJ
Yeah I never had an issue with it like I guess most people did. I saw Grimm Greens video as well and I guess the that's what made me wanna try and rebuild it. Once it was all said and done I got it to 2.1 ohm, which I don't think is too bad for my first time... Also with limited material. Now I've just gotta open that airflow up on it a bit more

(that's the best pic I can post of it from my phone hah)

But yeah I've really enjoyed my Octopus since I got it a little ways back, so much so that I bought myself the Squid tank as well. That's my next target

Attachments

• 20130711_222915.jpg
    20130711_222915.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
+1 temco for wire.

You can get a roll of peaches and cream undyed cotton yarn at wally world, makes a fabulous wick though you can't really dryburn it. Cheesecloth or a pinch of cotton ball rolled into a wick are also excellent. Cotton balls are fine from the pack but you may wanna give yarn or cheesecloth a quick boil first.

You can get creative with wicking materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread