Where Can I Get A......? where to get cartomizers for 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
VK is out of stock. Can't seem to find a supplier.:confused:

I don't understand the question:
  • I didn't realize that cartomizers (KR808D-1) worked on 901 batteries, at least without an adapter like this. The other way around, yes.
  • By VK, do you mean VaporKings.com? If so, they have plenty of cartomizers in stock.
There are about a dozen suppliers that carry the KR808D-1 (batteries and cartomizers). In addition to VK, they include (but are not limited to): NHaler, Vapor4Life, PureSmoker, CigEasy, and GoodProphets, and those are just the ones I've dealt with.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
My only PV right now is the GGT. I read that the GGT is carto ready. Not sure how that works as I have never used a cartomizer but I did order some last night. Maybe I do need an adapter or something.
Tks for your help.

I'm in the same boat, the only PV I have is the GGT.

You can kind of wedge a KR808D1 (V4L Vapor King cartomizer) cartomizer onto the GGT and get it to work, but in my case, it wouldn't screw all the way on (I didn't try to force it). I got like a half-turn on it, and tilted it sideways a bit with my thumb to get it working.

I've been looking for a 901 to KR808D1 adapter (not for me), but so far, no joy.

My main problem now is that I have HV 801 atties and no adapter to connect them to my GGT. :-x

I'm considering using a spoon, cotton ball, and a candle to heat the juice, and inhaling it through a straw.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
My GGT is only a few weeks old. Don't get me wrong: I don't have any complaints with it. I don't use cartos, but I got some for free, so I tried to put one of them on my GGT. As I said, the threads didn't seem to match up, and I didn't want to force it.

(edit)
CORRECTION: The cartomizer fits just fine on my GGT, my mistake. I have no idea why I had trouble with it before.

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
This is from another thread wherein I discover the depths of my own incompetence:

I just found a VK cartomizer that I had forgotten about. It was the exact same one that I had trouble with. Of course, it screwed right onto my GGT with no problem at all.

4206831091_11d83dec23_o.jpg

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
It's my understanding that any KR8088D1 cartomizer will be able to screw onto a battery with a 901 thread, whether the 'native' connector of the battery is a 901 itself or you attach an adapter to go from <native> to 901.

That said, you may or may not be able to vape, depending on whether you can get air flow into the cartomizer from the 901 'connection'.

I bought a couple of 901 to KAR8 adapters - they're a length of tube similar to the extensions to allow a 901 Manual battery to connect to an older 901 charger, but they have a little hole drilled into them on the side just like the 901 atty.

Some devices with a 901 connection 'end' have hole(s) drilled into the screw threads. Some, instead of the threads being on a solid circle have 'slots' to let air pass through those slots. "Newer" KR8's have notches cut into the metallic-looking 'ring' at the bottom of the cartomizer so you can get air flow through those notches.

Those notches may be enough to alow the airflow through ANY 901 connector. I have some mods with 901 connectors that will work with the 'newer' carts but require a second adapter to work with 'older' carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread