Where to get cotton wicks from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrskoon1

Sep 20, 2013
Florida
Hey guys I'm tired of my protank either burning or flooding so I've decided to "attempt" to make my own coils and stuff I've heard the best place to get wire is tempo even though I'd perfer to find a place nearby like lowes that offeres it. So question is where to get cotton wicks and what size also same for wire I see all these different types like 30 gauge and 32 and 34 so which is best for protank

The cotton balls I use is from CVS. Sterile Cotton balls in a box. $3 for a box. I don't have a protank, but I use this on a kayfun lite. Just make sure you don't fire the coil when you have the cotton wick in it. Put juice on it.
[ IMG ]http: // i43.tinypic. com/2dtqk2w. jpg [/IMG ]

Attachments

• 5042811016.jpg
    5042811016.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I've recoiled all my protanks and evods using 30g kanthal micro coils wrapped around a 1/16 drill bit. Peaches and creme yarn from Walmart has been the most consistent for me. The yarn has 4 strands; I just remove one and it fits perfectly then, depending on the pg/vg ratio of your juice, the extra strand can be used as a flavor wick if necessary. I like the yarn best because it takes the guess work out of "how much is too much" when pinching of pieces of sterile cotton balls.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Like tasty I use 30 gauge wire and make micro coils around a 1/16th bit. Coil now is running at 1.9 ohms. Works and hits like a champ. I use cotton too, boiled it and made a single wick through center, assemble post, cut ends to fit, and add rubber cap.

Don't dry burn cotton and give a few non fired hit to draw juice into coil. Then fire away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread