Which atomizer produces the best flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor

Feb 23, 2011
Europe
Not quite beginner anymore. But so far I've stuck to Joye products.

I have 510 and eGo-T and just ordered the new 510-T (510 with a tank for those not aware of this product yet - Mini E-Cigarette).

However, I am wondering if I am missing out on anything by only getting Joye products. I've heard mentioned "the joye taste" several times. So what else noteworthy is there? Is e.g. a DSE 901 worth getting or is it an outdated device?

Most reviews only mention vapor production and throat hit. What about flavor?
For me tons of vapor is not essential and too much throat hit sometimes is too much as well -everything in moderations.

Are the Joye "killing" more of the flavor compared to other brands/types?

Edit: P.s. I ordered the 510-T at Joye 510-T Heaven Gifts - I know someone is going to ask :)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't think you are missing out...The eGo-t's give great flavor... and if you are happy with them?? You could try clearomizers, but they can be a pain to fill...need a syringe and needle. So unless you really want to experiment I'd stay with what you have. Believe me, I have tried it all....but everyone is different so you will ultimately make your own descision.
:)
sas

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've been into vaping for 15 months now. And, I'm still learning about it every day here on ECF, and via my various purchases and experiences. i.e., I certainly am no expert.

But, for the last six months I've really been enjoying LR 306's. I've bought from several different sources, including IKenVape. At the moment, they are my favorite for flavor, but you've gotta get a good drip tip to side step leakage. LR 510s are a close second.

I haven't yet tried the eGo-Ts.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
On a slim 510 you are limited to standard resistance atomizers. So nothing marked LR aka low resistance.

I don;t use 510 attys at all. I use standard resistance Joye 306 atty and 306 drip tip on my manual 510 when I want to drip to test flavors to to vape something I don;t want often. The rest if the time I use standard resistance Boge 510 cartomizers instead of an atty.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I don't see how an Ego-T can come close to other Attys flavor wise ? I just dont. For me flavor wise it has to be the BE112 and the Iken Mini 801 2ohm that divulge the most flavor. Dripping directly onto these Attys just has something about it compared to others and I think it has to do with the build of them and being the bigger cup, bridge, and wick combination, especially the Iken 2ohm Mini. I've used every Atty on the market and these toss out more flavor than any other for me. This doesn't mean I don't use 510's I do, also 901's I like em all and more so than cartos.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I'm quickly learning that one atty does not fit all liquids...
Without delving into the particulars of various brands...
I can say that different juices and flavors benifit from different setups, and what I like, you might hate...etc.

Case in point:
Honeyville Vapor's Tiramisu
I first tried this dripped on a nice clean Joye LR 510 at 1.8ohms on a regular eGo battery. I found it nasty...

This same juice on a regular 510 atty, same battery...heavenly.
I added a LUCID cart to the mix...even better (it simply changed the draw and cooled the vape down before it hit my pallet).

Another person who also likes this juice might beg to differ, and prefer to vape it through the hottest sizzling and popping atty s/he can find!

Over time I think we get a feel for what flavors are supposed to do, and how we want them to behave. Not unlike food...some things are better scalding hot, while some are best at room temp, and others straight out of the freezer or fridge right? Not unlike food...some are better to just take a few hits from and put away...while others should be consumed in massive tank sized proportions :)

With that in mind...gradually pick up a variety of resistance options (Or get a variable voltage mod). Even if you stick with a particular brand...do get some in various resistance ranges. I.E. LR, Regular, and HV (Yes...even if you don't have any HV gear...some juices will benifit from the HV atty on a regular battery under 4v).

As crazy as it may sound...the same can apply for carts and cartos. The setup that is awsome for one juice...might suck canal water for another.

I'm still pretty new to all this...just a few months of gradually trying something slightly different almost every day, but I can already tell that different attys can make or break different juices for me.

Last edited:

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i agree ikenvapes atties have good flavor. i'm vaping one of his first fusions right now with an 801 connector and didn't realize my diy Ry4 is spot on with the old ry4. in the clearomizer it was eh, but in the 801 fusion it's amazing.

i also like his 801 shorty's for flavor. I have one that is months old, used daily and the coil still burns bright with a thick wick to drip on.

i have a LR 306 on order to see if i like them. why miss out of the flavor of your juice?!

Old Hippie

Feb 9, 2011
Texas
I've tried all types of atomizers...the Lrs will burn up with mods.. I use some 5volt mods and found that a 2.5 will hold up... If I'm going with a regular pv and dripping.. The lr will give ya a great flavor.. So it depends on what pv you are using to match your atomizer.. So I keep a variety on hand to fit the juice .. And the particular device using at the time.. But for all around use a 2.0 or a 2.5 will give ya good service:) Peace

As someone has already told in this 3d, it's more a matter of atom/juice combination, rather than only of atom.
However, as a rule of thumb, you can consider that 801 LR and BE112 produce a colder vapour than joye ego atoms (510 fitting with a resistence of 2.2 ohms), but render the flavour really better than them. 901 are in the middle between 801 and 510 about hit and flavour. anyway in my experience, the "perfect mix" between hit vapour and flavour are CE2 ed. 5 clearomizers, and they are not so difficult tu refill, after the first time it's a question of tens of seconds.

Tor

Feb 23, 2011
Europe
Hi again,
I got the 510-T today and tried it out with a 2% 7 leaves 80/20 PG/VG that I already use in my eGo-T. I have to say that it's really really good :)

You don't have to draw as hard as the eGo-T and the vapor is warmer. Personally I suspect that the design of the eGo-T tank itself is the cause for the cold feeling, rather that the atomizer. Amount of vapor and throat hit is the same, vapor perhaps even more.
The flavor is good (but bear in mind my lack of experience with modded atomizers). It appears to use the liquid quite fast, but it may be an illusion due to the smaller cartridge. Just by connecting it, the level goes down maybe 20% so the atomizer may hold quite a bit as well.

Anyway, from first impression I think this is the way to go for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread