Which Battery works best with the low res 510 atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jt46

Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
I recently lost one of my 510's in a campfire one night (haha) and i was origonally just dripping on a low res bauway 510 with the normal 510 battery. i know those attys burn off the battery faster and they dont recommend using the normal one.

Anyways, i was thinking of either using a mega 510 batt and low res atty, or same atty with an ego battery. was just curious if anyone had done this or could tell me which route i should go. i go with lo res bc of the throat hit btw, gotta have it.

Jt46

Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
im not sure how box mods work/havnt used one, but i do know how to solder. are you saying to use the mod instead with a reg atty (not low res) seeing as its prob a higher voltage device?. I guess my real question was what is the most reasonable setup to get good throat hit without having to vape very high nic level. which is y i used the low res. From what i get out of looking around so far is that i like low res, but they will shorten the life of any battery so i pretty much have to choose to keep using them while replacing more batteries or not use them at all and save money and loose the kick they deliver.

Vaping4Sanity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Centerville, Ohio
I know I've said this several times around here, but I can't help it, I love this thing. Kalamazoo Vapor Shop has the Big Kazoo 5 volt box mod for $35 for just the mod, or 60 for the kit. 3.7 volt with LR is very good, but 5 volts just kicks it up another notch or two. It's a mini fog machine as others have said. You can't go wrong with this mod especially for the price.

If you want to stay with 3.7 volts, they also sell a new box mod called the jambox mod for $25 for just the mod. It doesn't come in a kit at the moment so you would have to add the batteries and charger, but it would work very well with LR attys or cartos.

Last edited:

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
im not sure how box mods work/havnt used one, but i do know how to solder. are you saying to use the mod instead with a reg atty (not low res) seeing as its prob a higher voltage device?. I guess my real question was what is the most reasonable setup to get good throat hit without having to vape very high nic level. which is y i used the low res. From what i get out of looking around so far is that i like low res, but they will shorten the life of any battery so i pretty much have to choose to keep using them while replacing more batteries or not use them at all and save money and loose the kick they deliver.

3,7v box mod used with an LR atty or a 5v device is what will give you what you want, the batteries in them are replaceable(18650 rechargable protected batteries are $8 a pair from deal extreme) so eventually when the batteries do wear out you just toss out the battery instead of the whole device like with egos or clones. I have the DIY $9 kit from mad vapes and the maxi rough stack, the box is awesome with LR's and the maxi can be used at 3.7, 6 or 7.4v, at 7.4 you have to use the HV atty or it kills your juice from being so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread