Which carto do you prefer for your tanks?? 2.0Ω or 3.2Ω???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I know there are several IBTanked fans among the Provari users. I just got my first one a few weeks ago. Bought an XL with a few 2.0Ω cartos. Getting ready to order a few more tanks but looking for some feedback. Which resistance do most of you prefer?? the 2.0Ω or 3.2Ω?? I know you can use a wider range of voltage with the 3.2Ω. But do you give up anything using the higher resistance??? or is there really no difference.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think it's definitely personal preference, and despite using cartos for quite a while, I STILL am not 100% sure what my favorites are.

But you asked, so here's my current preference - I have like 4 different kinds on hand, and THIS time, my favorite ones for wicking and flavor and lasting are.... Boge, no flange, LOW resistance, and with a SLOT.

Kinda surprised, but I'm liking the slotted - they're not flooding or anything, just staying wetter, and I vape about 50% VG.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I had several IBT's, but they're all long since sold. I like the Iken Fusion XL LR's. It's a personal taste. Running the SR & LR at the same power gives a different vape, so it's more than just what you're setting your voltage to. Even the difference between regular & XL's makes a difference, as does the brand/line. Iken Platinums were ok, but smok single coils were my backups. I hated Boge's. Try a few out & see what you like.

The Smok single coil vs the Boges seems to be about a 50/50 split for preference. The Smok dual coil... everyone seems to hate those.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Listed in order of preference:

• Ikenvape Platinum Mega SR (2.5 ohm) punched. Best flavor and easier draw.

• Ikenvape 510-Fusion Mega SR (3.0 ohm) punched. Tighter draw than the Plats.

• Smoktech 3.0 ohm XL single coil two-hole prepunched. Nice backup cartos.

Don't ask me why in that order, I've just had better results with the Plats from IKV. More consistancy, better flavor, last longer.

Not a fan of Boge because of the denser polyfill; less consistancy. Hate dual coil Smoktech (burnt taste after a couple days of use).

All cartos used in IBTanked XL pyrex cartotanks. I prefer a "cooler" vape, so hence the high resistance coils.

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Listed in order of preference:

• Ikenvape Platinum Mega SR (2.5 ohm) punched. Best flavor and easier draw.
  • Ikenvape 510-Fusion Mega SR (3.0 ohm) punched. Tighter draw than the Plats.
  • Smoktech 3.0 ohm XL single coil two-hole prepunched. Nice backup cartos.

Don't ask me why in that order, I've just had better results with the Plats from IKV. More consistancy, better flavor, last longer.

Not a fan of Boge because of the denser polyfill; less consistancy. Hate dual coil Smoktech (burnt taste after a couple days of use).

All cartos used in IBTanked XL pyrex cartotanks. I prefer a "cooler" vape, so hence the high resistance coils.

The Plat's did have more flavor, but the "character" of the vape was lacking something for me. Sorta like getting a good black coffee, nice roast, full flavor... but completely lacking in body. Not exactly the same, but that same, "Something's just a little off here," feeling. That & I'm not particularly a fan of flangeless cartos.

The dual Smok's also seem to clog up faster & they suck down batteries a lot faster... even when they're working, before they get burnt & nasty, they still don't taste all that great.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I prefer the higher ohm carto's and usually use Boge with 2 holes--appx 3.0 ohm. I've heard great things about the Ikenvape carto's and they have been on my list....for awhile. :) Ages ago I didn't see much difference, though I did with other Ikenvape Products and loved his 510 attys.

I may be wrong, but I think the battery lasts longer with the higher coils on a ProVari.

I even prefer my rebuildables at 2.0 and up and like cooler vapes, so I'm not your average ECF vaper -- or am I??? :laugh:

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I prefer the higher ohm carto's and usually use Boge with 2 holes--appx 3.0 ohm. I've heard great things about the Ikenvape carto's and they have been on my list....for awhile. :) Ages ago I didn't see much difference, though I did with other Ikenvape Products and loved his 510 attys.

I may be wrong, but I think the battery lasts longer with the higher coils on a ProVari.

I even prefer my rebuildables at 2.0 and up and like cooler vapes, so I'm not your average ECF vaper -- or am I??? :laugh:

I liked my cartos low, but I like my builds high. Figure that one out. :D

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
It's truly amazing how we can enjoy such diversity in our gear!
a_dragon_zps72f05f1f.gif

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I was into carto tanks for over a year, mostly IBTanked. At first I preferred the Smok 3.2Ω because they offer more options in voltage than the 2.0Ω. Then I tried the Ikenvape 510 Mega Fusion LR punched, and preferred them. I kept the Smok ones for backup. I'm more into RBAs now, but I still have some LR for emergency backup.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I would really like to try the Ikenvape just to see what the fuss is about. But my fear is I will like them too much and they are really hard to get. And I am out of work on disability right now so my income is much smaller. Don't have the surplus income to stock up when they are available.

So one thing I have seen is people who like a cooler vape use the 3.2Ω. Can you not get a warmer vape from those by cranking the voltage higher???

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I would really like to try the Ikenvape just to see what the fuss is about. But my fear is I will like them too much and they are really hard to get. And I am out of work on disability right now so my income is much smaller. Don't have the surplus income to stock up when they are available.

So one thing I have seen is people who like a cooler vape use the 3.2Ω. Can you not get a warmer vape from those by cranking the voltage higher???

A watt is not a watt. Pushing a 2 ohm carto with 4.5v & pushing a 3.2 ohm carto with 5.7v will equate to nearly the same power... yet they're going to vape differently. A higher resistance carto will technically give you more options for settings (the whole range of the Provari vs a 2 ohm carto only firing below 5.3v), but you can't make either one vape like the other regardless of settings. It has to do with the construction of the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread