Which current tank gives the best cloud and taste that can be laid on its side w/o leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I'm getting a bit overwhelmed looking for a tank that can be laid on its side, that can sit in my pocket while I'm in a seated position or can just be laid down flat on a table and will not leak out that will provide the best cloud making and taste delivering experience that also has an easy draw. I've tried the protank2 and found the taste muted and or burnt, I use a 50/50 mix, when removing one of the wics, it leaks so yeah. Ive tried the iclear 30 and 16 and find the cloud production to be lacking and the draw to be way to tight.

I've been looking at the taifun gt's, kayfun lite, hypertank, fluid flask, Evod, Vision 2.5ml mini vivi nova.

The taifun and kayfuns appear to be near impossible to get let alone afford so are there affordable clones that are good? the fogger seems to be touted as a P.O.S. Are there others I should be looking at?

As far as my vaping preference I want the biggest clouds with good taste transfer with no leaking. gurgling in not a big issue but I guess if its not leaking, it's not gurgling. Suggestions?

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
EHPRO KFL clone is cheap(er) and doesn't leak. You won't get "clouds" with a tank, unfortunately. You can get them with an RDA or a dripper and very low ohm coil(s) on a mech mod, but that's all subjective. I've had very good luck with the new Aspire BDC mini and Vivi Nova style tanks. Great flavor, warm vape, excellent vapor, inexpensive, and rebuildable but I do warn you, they have some QC issues on some heads it seems. So far mine have all been great (I own 5 total). Have you thought about Cartotanks? I good tank with good o-rings (IBTanked, Phiniac, hell even some Smok DCT tanks are pretty good for not leaking and those are 1/3 the price of the other options) can work but they have a learning curve, albeit a shallow one. For your ProTank, have you tried taking out one wick? I've heard that helps them not taste burnt but I do not own any PT's so am not nearly an authority on those.

HTH,
Todd

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I did try taking out one of the wics and mind you I also made sure the plastic gasket was pushed down tight and it leaked and gurgled like crazy. I replaced the extra wic and that stopped the leakage but was back at the muted taste and weak cloud production. I've seen a few reviews where people love the protanks but to get them working right you have to build a custom coil

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I'm getting a bit overwhelmed looking for a tank that can be laid on its side, that can sit in my pocket while I'm in a seated position or can just be laid down flat on a table and will not leak out that will provide the best cloud making and taste delivering experience that also has an easy draw. I've tried the protank2 and found the taste muted and or burnt, I use a 50/50 mix, when removing one of the wics, it leaks so yeah. Ive tried the iclear 30 and 16 and find the cloud production to be lacking and the draw to be way to tight.

I've been looking at the taifun gt's, kayfun lite, hypertank, fluid flask, Evod, Vision 2.5ml mini vivi nova.

The taifun and kayfuns appear to be near impossible to get let alone afford so are there affordable clones that are good? the fogger seems to be touted as a P.O.S. Are there others I should be looking at?

As far as my vaping preference I want the biggest clouds with good taste transfer with no leaking. gurgling in not a big issue but I guess if its not leaking, it's not gurgling. Suggestions?

What type of device are you using? If its a mechanical, then one of the tank style rebuildables pretty much narrows it all down. If you are using a regulated mod, and/or more of the set it and forget vaper, from my own experience, I haven't found a tank that equals the flavor and vapor production of the iclear30-S.

The primary drawbacks for some people for this tank is (1) tank casing is polycarbonate, so you have to use an e-juice that doesn't react with plastic, and (2) it goes through juice faster than any clearomizer tank that I currently have used and know of.

Hope that helps.

alangoooo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Uvo Systems Aqua footoon. dual coil and you can sub ohm on it. like a dripper with a small tank. saw it in person today and I was so tempted to pick it up, unfortunately the salespeople knew nothing about it and weren't all that nice, so they lost that sale.
only thing I don't like about it is that the tank is really small, I read somewhere it's like 2 ml? and with dual coils that would suck it up fast.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I have been using the Innoken vv/vw to test out these tanks so far. I have a Smoktech Sid with some efest 1650 1600mah 30amp batteries on the way.
I'm very tempted to try to rebuild my pt2 if for nothing else to save it from being binned. I overpayed for it and would like not to be out all the money I payed for it. That aside, my thinking is if I am going to take the leap into rebuildables I may as well go all in and get a kayfun lite and do it right. only trick is to build coils that will lite up with my Sid. I would have to build 1.3ohm coils. The kayfun lite plus is looking more and more attractive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread