Which drip tip and vaping technique is less likely to cause smoker lines/nasolabial folds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewTovaping1

Apr 21, 2018
I’m 26 and one of the main reasons I’m trying to quit smoking is the effects it has on my skin. Sure, it comes with aging but I’ve seen way too many pictures of smoker/non-smoker identical twins to know for sure that smoking is making it worse. My nasolabial folds are deepening, I have visibly more wrinkles on the hand I use to smoke, besides the effects it has on my entire body’s skin which is caused by inhaling the smoke.

What type of vaping technique, drip tip size or any other element you think will reduce the possibly of smoker lines and deepening of nasolabial folds? I imagine the constant sucking will cause wrinkles since I’ll be vaping way more than I typically smoke to try and quit smoking.

Besides the sucking movement, is there something IN the liquid that can cause skin to age?

Anyone has any ideas, tips, experience or advice? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I'm not a dermatologist, but I'll have a look :lol:
I know that most oils in general are good for the skin, preventing dry out. When I clean the oily residue off of the inside of my car windows from vaping it's a clear oily residue, unlike smoking when I was removing tar. My guess is that vape wouldn't age the skin like smoking does, but I've never read anything on it or know of any studies to reference. As for drip tip, everyone vapes differently. I have a favorite 810 that I know for sure I'm not pulling on nearly as hard as I did with cigarettes, so the "sucking" that you mentioned is much less.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I know that most oils in general are good for the skin, preventing dry out. When I clean the oily residue off of the inside of my car windows from vaping it's a clear oily residue
We're not vaping oil. That would be a major health hazard. At least us vapers shouldn't spread that kind of misinformation. Maybe equating our liquids to oil wasn't your intention but your first sentence kind of implies exactly that and could confuse new vapers reading it.

Nasolabial folds get reinforced by a smiling motion, the "kiss mouth" we do for vaping is the opposite of that so I don't see the drip tip choice influencing fold development.

Also, just smile and don't think about the folds that gives you too much ;)

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
We're not vaping oil. That would be a major health hazard. At least us vapers shouldn't spread that kind of misinformation. Maybe equating our liquids to oil wasn't your intention but your first sentence kind of implies exactly that and could confuse new vapers reading it.

Nasolabial folds get reinforced by a smiling motion, the "kiss mouth" we do for vaping is the opposite of that so I don't see the drip tip choice influencing fold development.

Also, just smile and don't think about the folds that gives you too much ;)
VG is derived from plant-based oils, that was my intended point, not to spread "misinformation"
In addition to many foods we eat, VG is also found in many lotions as the glycerin hydrates, so I'd have to say respectfully, that the path I was trying to go down regarding it possibly being healthier for the op's skin as opposed to cigarette smoke was in the right direction. As I made sure to point out, I've never seen anything researched on it as a positive or negative effect on skin when in vaporized form.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I'm not a dermatologist, but I do stay at Holiday Inn Express at times so I'll take a stab.

IMG-20181027-071152.jpg

^^ If you are concerned about this....

It comes from repetitive suction motion from taking a drag off a cigarette combined with aging, and the aging affects of tobacco smoke. It seems more prominent on a womans face than a man. Maybe because women look beautiful long into the repeated decades called life and men start to disintigrate shortly after high school (if not sooner).

These days there are miracle creams and surgical procedures that supposedly turn back the skin aging clock. But one way to avoid or lessen it's speed would be to avoid the suction action from a cigarette and use a larger outside diameter tip while pulling direct lung style instead of sucking on a lemon style.

My aunt never smoked a cigarette in her life but she had it. Hers probably came from being cranky all the time. So smile, laugh, and enjoy life without sweating the details and avoid looking in the mirror as a way of searching for flaws. What may look like a moon crater to you is likely not even seen by others, so avoiding that will prevent worry lines like my aunt had.

Edit:
I have an identical twin brother who looks ten years younger than I. He worked indoors for 30 years, me outside, he never drank or used drugs but I did.
We both smoked since high school.
End edit.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There's a vast difference between combustion devices that produce smoke VS. vapor devices that produce water vapor. I believe its the smoke and all the nasty byproducts in the smoke which contributes to aging skin effects.

You won't likely see those effects with vaping. No combustion; no smoke. No nasty byproducts that are generated to contribute to aging.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you'll take a hit with your drip tip over to one side of your mouth (like most pipe smokers do while smoking)...it doesn't make your lips pucker anywhere near as much as it does putting it right in the center of your mouth. Try it while looking in a mirror, and you'll see what I mean. :thumbs:

Of course, I'm what's called a Tootle Puffer, and I vape mostly with a Berserker MTL RTA, which takes very little draw, or pucker power, to get decent vapor from it. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread