Which ecig is least likely to blow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
I would buy a regulated mod from a reputable company...i have some confidence in names like jac vapour and lost vape.

Also, I'd buy one with a single removable 18650 that I would charge in a dedicated charger.

I'd also monitor battery health and once it starts showing less charge even when fully charged, I'd swap for a new one.

And needless to say, I'd make sure my batteries were from a left source.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
:eek: That’s not how things go normally. How old was it? Did you buy it used? Generally the only batteries that vent are either fake or badly treated. What were you charging it with? I have never ever heard of an internal battery on a usb going up before. The normal scenario is an unsafe mech mod set somehow to auto fire. Normally there are numerous electronic safeguards.
I would normally say that no VV device would EVER do this.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I m sorry that you had such bad luck with your new device. I can only tell you what I have used and never had a problem with them. Vision spinners, istick 20,30 and 40 watt. And now regulated tube mods with removable batteries.

One thing I ALWAYS do is charge my batteries in a fire proof pyrex baking dish and never leave them unattended. At least any fire will be contained.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
@thefutureisnow Sorry to hear. I read some issues with Smok Vape Pens that were leaking and short circuiting. Also you can only get 0.3 Ohm coils, and it has a rather small battery.

You might want to take a look at the Eleaf iJust 2, Eleaf iJust S, or Joyetech eGo AIO, if you want a solid starter set with good reviews.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have a neighbor that was charging an Ego style pen in his closed up car on a hot Florida day....
Kaboom...:shock:
Had to replace his center console.
Good thing he wasn't pass-thru vaping.

Charging in a closed car on a Hot Florida Summer day? In my opinion that falls in the numb nut category I mentioned before.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Why would I leave out a pertinent relevant FACT?
I'm only saying that you could, and your statement could still be considered true.

Ontopic: i agree with you that there might be some info missing. How old was the pen, what charger was used, was the coil correctly inserted, did it ever leak?

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I'm only saying that you could, and your statement could still be considered true.

Ontopic: i agree with you that there might be some info missing. How old was the pen, what charger was used, was the coil correctly inserted, did it ever leak?

Leaving out the facts is what the Media does to sensationalize incidents and I will not leave out posted factual information when trying to make a point. Battery Safety 101 and charging temperatures is good reading, just Google it.

Reactions: Mike P

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I would advise a dual 18650 regulated device if you want to vape at 40w or higher. You will want 4 18650 batteries and an external charger. Even if you decide on a DNA device I would still recommend an external charger. Good budget mod you can grow into is an Eleaf 60w istick if you vape at lower watts. The Eleaf Ikonn 200w with Ello tank is a good kit. Both mod and tank perform well.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have 2 4 Bay chargers and still use my internal charging on many of my MOD's. Granted it has to not be needed to charge with the USB but then again there has been times I plugged it in while driving because I needed a fully charged MOD at my destination. If it wasn't meant to be used while did they manufacture it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread