Which feature you like to see in future vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
vape device will most probably change a lot in the future,meaning different feature,function,vapor ingredient inhaled...

Even though the vape device now is very complete and good enough for daily use and safety either inhaled or device safety...personally I would like feature like they warn you if the ohm,amp or wattage is too high that will cause dangerous and warning at the screen will show,I mean more advanced then warning feature if current devices...which feature you think will probably happen in the future or what kind of creative function you can think of to add inside a vape device?

Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
..personally I would like feature like they warn you if the ohm,amp or wattage is too high that will cause dangerous and warning at the screen will show

The current devices already provide these warnings, maybe not all but the majority do.

What I want to see is more education on how to safely use these devices. Manufacturers can add all the protections in the world but the new or even average user wants something that works without being liable if something goes wrong.

Airbags work to save lives but smarter drivers can prevent accidents.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Safer batteries. Batteries developed just for vaping.

This.

The way this industry is developing seems very good, but I really struggle to understand why one Vaporesso company, for example, didn't develop a proper vaping battery yet. For me that's an absolute necessity.

I would like to see, to, continuity to variety. Today everybody can find a kit, pod or cigalike that praises them, and I really wouldn't like to see any specific design or device type ending this anytime in the future. Diversity is what makes this market great.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
I know this is going to sound bit ......ed or new ish or what ever, but i would like more connectivity option for the net like a sim and wifi even just for whats app and sms or something. My drag 2 is my work horse and having this and a big iphone plus in my pocket is so heavy and big. If my vape can have more features for " phone " stuff would really loved to have something like that.
It's just my 2c what i would have loved.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Safer batteries. Batteries developed just for vaping.
When Mooch did setup a poll to get input from ECF denizens to pass along to Molicel about what battery advancements we'd like to see ... performance responses (more mah, higher CDR) outweighed safety responses (safer chemistry, built-in protection).

On the other hand, there already is a much safer chemistry than what we typically use: LiFePO4. However, it has 3.2v/3.3v nominal voltage rather than 3.6v/3.7v nominal, and have lower energy density (less mah for a given size). So yes, a trade-off: you'd need larger mods (to hold more cells) or have to put up with changing batteries more often. Nevertheless, regulated mods/boards could be made to make use of such cells if there was a user demand (I think DNA mods can be set to deal with the lower discharge cutoff). They can also function very well in mechs (some have very high CDR, and they have very flat discharge curves) either singly for a lowish wattage vaper such as myself (I'm using some now in a single 26650 tube mod, I just have to build a little lower to get the same vape, and I plan to build a 26650 squonk for them), or in series for higher power vapers. I actually get more useable power (vape time) per charge from a single 2600mah LiFePO4 cell, than from a 3000mah 30Q or VTC6 (due to the long flat discharge curve).

The batteries I'm experimenting with were mentioned in this thread:
Vapcell IFR26650 2600mAh 55A/75A (red, LiFePO4) reviewed

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I would like to see no coils....juice fills tank and as you draw goes into another section where a laser zaps that section , which vaporizes the juice. No coil, no rewicking or dry burning , just add juice . This perhaps is still decades away, but something like that would be neat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
1) A fire button or slider that controls the power, instead of a simple on / off action.

2) A new standard 510 connector with multiple connection points, so to enable a temperature sensor or an injector inside the tank.

------------------------

A side note.

Seen the buoyant market for vape devices, a standardisation Committee for the technical specifications of vape gear is long overdue.

Without a common industrial standard we will keep seeing only scattered and sometime backward innovations, because without such standard there are no chances for any industry-wide improvements.

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What I would like to see is function choices, same device but offers a choice between 2 different boards. One just vv/vw the other all the bells and whistles. Would like to see a return to elegant design and looks. Would love to see auto wattage disappear entirely. Would appreciate just improving what's already on the market, excellent quality control, better coils, etc. Frankly my current lack luster shiny want is dying due to the overload of newly released subpar products released daily. I understand disposable makes more money, thing is people like me won't pay for disposable, I would pay more for quality though.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Yes, the innovations have already occurred, and the new entrants are gimmicky disposable devices. The focus should shift to KAIZEN, the Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement. Try to make a device that can be used for a straight decade. Use a material that develops a patina of age.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Flashlight vape :shrug:

Those were used to make mech mods back in early days. lol. JB Weld a 510 connector in a washer press fit into the top, solder a blob onto the positive pin, remove the clicky from the switch and viola! 18650 mech mod!

I still have a nice LED flashlight purchased back in 2010 for just such a thing but the flashlight worked so well i couldn't bring myself to wreck it.

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I would like to see more in the niche markets - restricted lung hit RTAs & RDAs - not just tight mtl or open DL attys

Also love to see more squonk mods made that aren't big and boxy, but small and curved like the Freehand Gloom mod ;)

I would like to see no coils....juice fills tank and as you draw goes into another section where a laser zaps that section , which vaporizes the juice. No coil, no rewicking or dry burning , just add juice . This perhaps is still decades away, but something like that would be neat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Love this idea :thumb:

Reactions: vapdivrr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread