Which is best for my coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I couldn't help but notice a lack of responses to your question. Perhaps including information on what gear you are using and what you want to accomplish might make it easier to respond.

Based on what is provided, to lengthen the life of your coils, I would suggest lower power with short burns and work up from there to where you like your vape. Then decide if the added life of the coil is worth a less satisfying vape. Sorry, that's the best I got.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Rather hard to answer such a generic question with so little info. Higher voltage is ok, as long as you don't burn or dryhit your coil. And as a general rule, the more juice evaporates, the more gunk will form on your coil, aslo greatly depending on what kind of juice an flavors you use.

I can however imagine that long hits at lower voltages could cause your juice not to evaporate enough, making your coil flood or leak. But then you'd notice soon enough.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
all depends on the coil... and the wick.. a thin gauge wire (coil) at a high voltage will have a tendancy to dry the surface of the wick faster and result in a dry hit... and if you are using rayon, the wick will collapse quicker at higher temps. lower temps/volts will keep the wick moist but wont offer a full bodied vape...

I find that hi heat hi temp setups also cause the coil to gunk up alot faster than lower temp options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread