Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
More ejuice with less nicotine sub ohm,or less ejuice with more nicotine and using pod system?

Personally, I chose higher nicotine, on the idea that less PG, VG and flavoring might be better than more. I was low wattage all the time anyhow.

I have no idea if there's any real difference, but this vaping style suits me, so I continue.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If you are just comparing nicotine intake, then the answer is simple (if you are asking if nicotine is harmful then that's a different topic) Basically, you multiply the nicotine strength of the e-juice by how many ml of the juice you vape in a day.
Example: 20 mg/ml juice x 6 ml = 60 mg nicotine a day.
6 mg/ml juice x 20 ml = 60 mg a day. Same thing. Does that make sense?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There is no true answer because the scientific studies just aren't there.

Any answers you may get are simply conjecture and opinions based on feelings. Some may be right, some will be wrong, but no one could ever know which is which.

Therefore, you're right back at square one.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'd hafta go with 'less juice and more nic'. I go thru a whoppin' ml or so a day of a 24 mg/ml unflavored base. If I add some flavor to it, the nic level comes down a bit, and the PG level rises a bit. I'll get at least 2 days vapin' time out of an 18650 battery..

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Okay.... I want you to take a penny throw it up in the air, and cry "Heads UP MTL!!! HEADS DOWN DRINK IT DOWN!!!"

Then after you are dead, there will perhaps be some sort of retrospective study if the earth continues to turn and people continue to do things that are bad for them.

If the penny lands on its edge-- YOU LOSE. Smoke again!!!

IDK man, when I started vaping from my 3 ppd habit I decided there would be MIGHTLIY few times I was gonna get all hung up on how vaping might 'Harm" me because tobacco was literally KILLING ME.

Fortunately I vape the style I deem healthier since I enjoy it more-- MTL and the aliens that land and find my reeking corpse will scan it and say "Yup MTL WAS better but not better than US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing Changes. We are all gonna die in the end and frankly an endless existence wouldn't do a whole ton of things for me. I have gotten pretty bored at times with people I have met ONCE and frankly running into them eternally sounds pretty bad.

Which is why my afterlife will be by invitation only. YOU BET.

Anna

Forever reserving the right to craft and improve her own afterlife.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    That would depend on what health you're talking about....
    I would suggest that someone with any type of lung problem would be better off vaping less volume of liquid with perhaps a higher concentration of nicotine. Someone with a circulationary problem may be better off using less nicotine and vaping more liquid...
    My gut feeling (based on years of studying the female form and drinking too much beer) is always to go with less volume of liquid/higher nicotine and that's how i vape - even though i have heart disease. :|
    I base MY decision on the fact that after 35 years of smoking i feel my lungs need as much help as they can get. That and regular BP checks.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Higher nic does not have to be a pod system. They also are making "pods" now with two batteries in them and an RBA head you can build down to 0.015 or whatever.

Pods are dumb in my opinion get you a nice MTL tank or DL tank and mod or several and vape those.

THERE IS NO SYSTEM THAT MAKES YOU HAVE HIGHER OR LOWER NIC although there are SOME systems that rather ENCOURAGE your body to desire higher or lower nic due to some things called :"nic overload" or "not enough nic satisfaction."

Pods are just trendy right now but I still think they are not the greatest although they sure are flooding the market AND I am guessing some of the newer ones are better and more customizable.

But, no thank you.

And the answer to your question is NO.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I would suggest that someone with any type of lung problem would be better off vaping less volume of liquid with perhaps a higher concentration of nicotine. Someone with a circulationary problem may be better off using less nicotine and vaping more liquid...
    That actually makes a lot of sense (mostly because half of the vaping experience is going through the motions... hand to mouth, inhaling, exhaling) and that can be satisfying (without lots of nicotine) but other times it really comes down to needing that extra nicotine. I have mild high blood pressure and do fine with my 12 mg nic (MTL) and 6 mg nic (restricted DL) I also use 18 mg in my little pod but not often (and it delivers a very weak vapor) It is an interesting discussion, but like I said, it's really the tolal amount of nic per day IMHO.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Jeez @vaper1960 , at what point does nicotine become hurtful? I think it would have some relation to the user's health. Something like your high blood pressure may lower it, I have no idea, but using it as an excuse to sit on the front step and scratch the family dog behind the ear might be relaxing.

Originally, my doctor said it is similar to caffeine. I guess to much of anything is not good.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I do better on lower nic period, as it's less irritating. But I need a certain cloud volume, which either method can solve.

Maybe someone else will remember where, but IIRC, there was some "study" <whatever that's worth> that indicated that very small coils (like in some of the cigalikes) got too hot and produced more "nasties" from the PG and VG than the larger systems.

IDK if all pod systems are equal though, so there's variables there too.

So I'd say it's all YMMV. Too many variables, designs, etc.

Besides, 20 years from now we all find out mango flavor kills us. Or maybe, it cures cancer.
    ;)

Who knows?
    :2c:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I do better on lower nic period, as it's less irritating. But I need a certain cloud volume, which either method can solve.

Agree with Doc Atty over here.
    When i started vaping i went with 3 mg nic then needed just a tad more so i went up to 6 mg nic and that has been my sweet spot ever since.
    Still get a good hit and the cloud i need,for me it's more about oral fixation than actually liking cigarettes i think that is why for me it was easy to substitute one for the other.

Take my car,pc and bank account but just for the love of god leave me my Jackaroo and my morning espresso.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Without coffee and nicotine I would lose the will to live. So, for me it isn't harmful oh, compared to SUICIDE.

I mean maybe that doesn't count as overall "health" but they do say the mind and body are connected.

I will actually SAY if I gotta get stuff DONE like SOON and without thinking about hand to mouth, SNUS is the way and it is GOOD way as I can like DO THINGS faster, when I actually am doing things. Etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread