Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I own two xHalers from Drew at nHaler.com. I love them as they have the option to run at 3.7v, 5v, 6v, and 7.4v if your really brave. I'm not really sure how true those voltages are, but I can tell a difference from switching through them.

Also I just bought a Super 6 from super T manufacturing that I am really looking forward to, although they take 4-6 weeks to ship.

Both of which are mechanical operations so no worries about the switch frying out.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
To be honest there is no best mod. This is too subjective of a question.
So many things come in to it that you are going to get lots of opinions. :)

5v is a great choice.

There are 3 out there commercially being made that I know of
GLV
greatlakesvapor
PRODIGY
puresmoker
XHALER
nhaler

Hope that helps some..

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
While it's not a 5v, it's still rocks. The workmanship, able to customize it, and the customer service. For me, hands down is the Chuck. Great battery life (2+ days on a battery of heavy vaping). Produces great vapor. When I started vaping I used the 510 but the battery life left me wanting more. I got over needing to have a analog looking device. I LOVE my Chuck. It does have the ability to vape at 6v but the 3.7 is more than enough for me. good luck on your decision.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I own two xHalers from Drew at nHaler.com. I love them as they have the option to run at 3.7v, 5v, 6v, and 7.4v if your really brave. I'm not really sure how true those voltages are, but I can tell a difference from switching through them.

Also I just bought a Super 6 from super T manufacturing that I am really looking forward to, although they take 4-6 weeks to ship.

Both of which are mechanical operations so no worries about the switch frying out.

Are you talking about the big or little Chuck? Cuz I don't really want to lug that in puplic lol! ;)

Are you talking about the big or little Chuck? Cuz I don't really want to lug that in puplic lol! ;)

The Chuck doesn't do 5V without further modification.

The Xhaler, however, might well be a great starting point for you. If it turns out that you don't like the size for public display, you can still use it at home, but I went with the Xhaler so that I could try the various voltage settings and see which one I liked best. I haven't tried 7.4V yet, but even at 6V there is a burnt flavor that I dislike and I doubt it gets better at 7.4V but I'll try it with HV attomizers because they should bring it back down into the 5V "sweet spot" vicinity.

A unique feature of the Xhaler is that you can vape at 5V, but then as the voltage drops off as your batteries drain, you can loosen the bottom cap to bump the voltage back up. As far as size goes, the mod itself is 4" (100mm) tall with a 3/4" (20mm) diameter. With an adapter and 510 atty/cart it's 6 1/4" (160mm)

Does anyone know if any of these mods have 'protected' batteries?

Most mods have more than one option for which battery you are going to use. The Xhaler, for example, can be purchased with a Tenergy kit with 2x3.0V 750mAH LiFEos protected batteries and AC/DC charger for vaping at 5V or 6V (this is what I'm using). Alternately, you can use a single 17670 3.7V battery, or a CR123 sized 3.7V + a dummy for 3.7V vaping or 2 3.7V CR123 sized 3.7V batteries for 7.4V--which I intend to try along with the HV atomizers that cut about 2 volts bringing it back into the 5V "sweet spot" range.

You can use unprotected batteries for a few extra mAH, but since 750mAH seems to last me all day, it doesn't seem like it would be worth any risk or additional cost. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread