Which Kensington is the right Kensington for using with pass throughs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlighter

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona
I know I've asked this question a few times but I found these 2 different units that have been talked about on the forum as working with the pass throughs and want to know for sure.

Kensington Battery Pack and Charger for iPod; iPhone 1G, 3G

Amazon.com: Kensington Battery Pack and Charger for iPod; iPhone 1G, 3G: Electronics

this one has been posted on a few of the threads as a model that will work with USB pass throughs and it costs 43.70 on amazon.

Then there's also another one that has been mentioned on the threads made by the same company and even has a review that states the person bought it for using with their electric cigarette.
Here's a copy of the review:

I bought this product to run my electronic cigarette (e-cig) powered with a USB plug and it is fantastic! Puts out 1amp of power and runs it like a charm. Lastst DAYS as compared to the battery that is usually used to run my e-cig which lasts mere hours. It is great and for the price is WELL worth it!

Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile devices (K38021US)

Amazon.com: Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US): Electronics

price is 53.54

They have different model numbers on them and the one costs more than the other.

I have a 901 pass through. No battery is on the cable.

Do they both work?

Last edited:

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana
I bought the one linked here

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Po...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245199669&sr=1-63

and it definitely works. The model number on the back of mine is actually listed as k33396/k38201 (k33396 is the model number given in the other link, k38201 is the model listed in this link), so I don't know what the difference is in those 2, if any. I ordered it from this seller, as he was cheaper than "featured" ones, but if you scroll down there is at least one other vendor with it for less than $50 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/ref=olp_merch_name_21?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&asin=B000UZIYS0&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=AA9IUFZ910ALZ

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Excuse my ignorance, but why would you need a battery like that? Couldn't you just plug your e-cig in to a car lighter or usb port on your laptop or pc, or the wall?

Power, current, portability and long-lasting battery life! It beats all the sources you mentioned, but may not be useful to everyone. 12VDC-USB accessory plugs generally do not output enough current (at least for me) leaving me unsatisfied with the vapor production and throat hit, users have reported computer power-related problems plugging into USB ports and, though a wall charger is excellent, you can't walk out of the house with it.

Moonlighter

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona
Excuse my ignorance, but why would you need a battery like that? Couldn't you just plug your e-cig in to a car lighter or usb port on your laptop or pc, or the wall?

Yesterday on one of the forums I was reading how some peoples computers fried after plugging them in to the USB. I want one of these so I don't have to change my three batteries so much on my 901. I end up waiting for them and now I'm chicken to use my computer for the USB pass through I have. (I'm using it right now cause my batteries plum tuckered out and charging again---one at a time....)
These units can be taken anywhere and last a long time.
The company I bought my 901 from has a new battery charger box they will be selling soon and I'll be buying one of them when they get those in cause I use up batties really fast.

Aiden

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
CO, USA
Power, current, portability and long-lasting battery life! It beats all the sources you mentioned, but may not be useful to everyone. 12VDC-USB accessory plugs generally do not output enough current (at least for me) leaving me unsatisfied with the vapor production and throat hit, users have reported computer power-related problems plugging into USB ports and, though a wall charger is excellent, you can't walk out of the house with it.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm having good luck with my laptop usb so far. Haven't tried the car part yet.

Moonlighter

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona
Moved out of the newb forum.

Lu

Thanks Lu
It was my first time posting a new subject.
I'll try my best not to start new threads till I know where to to it.
By the way...
I went to Best Buy and bought the Kensington Portable Power Pack
and it's So cool!! It cost 59.00 though which wasn't cool but I won't worry about my computer now.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yeh Moon, most of your topics should fit in some other forum here or if really in doubt, the general ecig forum. We can always move it from there if we need. We're just trying to keep the newb section cleared out for the newbs.

I have never tried the Kensington because I have the APC (which I really don't use much any more since I really don't use my passthroughs very much now)....but I heard the Kensington is great too!

Good luck with it! :)

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread