which mod clones from fasttech are the best quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
been vaping for a few months now and want to try a mod and a couple of rba clones. i have a few questions that have been asked a zillion times before but here`s one more. which mods from fasttech are the best fit and finish? i want something that looks and feels good quality and something where the threads won`t wear out in 2 months.

right now i`m using aw imr 18650 unprotected flat tops in my vamo. can i use these in the mod? do i need protected batts? or a kick?

i rebuild protank coils and have i have an ohm meter plus the vamo to check ohms and shorts and understand the dangers of a bad coil on a mod. what i don`t understand completely is how the batt and coil work without burning up. i adjust my vamo to the coil and the juice and my coils last forever:D Is the power going to the coil solely controlled by how long you hold the fire button? as an example right now i`m vaping a DIY RY4 in a protank on my vamo with a 2.5 coil @ 4.1 volts and i get a great hit with a 5 second hold on the fire button with great flavor and vapor and no burnt taste. would my result be the same on the mod with the same coil? i want to understand more before i place an order. thanks for any help. :toast:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
As far as clones go and my experience from FT...

Nemesis is a better clone than the original if you desire a mech.

You didnt ask about toppers but.....The Cloned Kayfun 3.1 is great , matches the Semovar and dosent whistle. (My favorite)

Trident rebuildable is also hard to beat.

Your fixin to get some good advice here....

Last edited:

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
As far as clones go and my experience from FT...

Nemesis is a better clone than the original if you desire a mech.

You didnt ask about toppers but.....The Cloned Kayfun 3.1 is great , matches the Semovar and dosent whistle. (My favorite)

Trident rebuildable is also hard to beat.

Your fixin to get some good advice here....

yeah i hope so and the kayfun is on the list:vapor:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Based on reviews:
Mods:
The stainless steel King: $26.00 King Mechanical Mod - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The stainless/brass Astro: $24.00 Astro Telescopic Mechanical Mod - stainless steel+brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The stainless steel Nemesis: $29.08 Nemesis Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / with telescopic 510 center pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Attys:
Kayfun Lite (this version is the only one with a stainless deck at this time): https://www.fasttech.com/products/1552300
Immortalizer RDA: $17.47 Immortalizer RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Trident: $16.47 Trident Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
AIOS: $18.76 AIOS Rebuildable Atomizer for Chi You at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The AIOS is a special case. It was designed to turn a Chi You into a Hybrid. It also works on the Hammer and the Astro.

Kick clone: $8.33 Variable Wattage Kick Module for Mechanical Mod / PV - range: 5-12 watts at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Turns most mechs into VW devices.

This is all stuff I have researched and read the reviews on. Some I've ordered, and others I have in my cart.

As for the rest of your question, it depends on your coil and your battery's max amps. (research this!!!) The average AW IMR 18650 has a max amp rating of 10 amp draw. This will limit you to a low of about .8 ohm on your coils. If you go lower, you risk a rapid battery discharge (If the mod starts feeling warm, yank the battery out!). Most off the shelf coils (ex. ProTank) run 1.2 oHm to 2.8 oHm.

You are limited by the battery's max voltage, 4.2v. As the battery discharges, the voltage will drop. Replace the battery when the voltage drops down to 3.2-3.3v. (if you want to experience this, pop an atty on your Vamo, set the voltage at 4.2, take a vape, set it at 3.3 and take a vape; you've just experienced what using a mech all day is like!). You don't want to drain the battery past this point. Most chargers won't recharge them, you risk a rapid discharge (fire, explosions, missing teeth), and it shortens the life of the battery.

This is my limited understanding of how this stuff works. I just ordered my first mech a few days ago from FastTech (I decided I should get a backup for my ProVari). If you want to go the safest route with mechs when you are starting out, use AW (or Efest) IMR batteries, a vapesafe fuse, and keep your coils in the 1.0-3.0 ohm range.

Edit: IMR batteries use a safer formula, so they are unlikely to catch on fire or blow up like Li-ion or Li-Po batteries can.

If only things were so simple in real life.
hF9D45497

If any of my info is wrong, let me know. I'm a newbie when it comes to mechs!

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
been vaping for a few months now and want to try a mod and a couple of rba clones. i have a few questions that have been asked a zillion times before but here`s one more. which mods from fasttech are the best fit and finish? i want something that looks and feels good quality and something where the threads won`t wear out in 2 months.

right now i`m using aw imr 18650 unprotected flat tops in my vamo. can i use these in the mod? do i need protected batts? or a kick?

i rebuild protank coils and have i have an ohm meter plus the vamo to check ohms and shorts and understand the dangers of a bad coil on a mod. what i don`t understand completely is how the batt and coil work without burning up. i adjust my vamo to the coil and the juice and my coils last forever:D Is the power going to the coil solely controlled by how long you hold the fire button? as an example right now i`m vaping a DIY RY4 in a protank on my vamo with a 2.5 coil @ 4.1 volts and i get a great hit with a 5 second hold on the fire button with great flavor and vapor and no burnt taste. would my result be the same on the mod with the same coil? i want to understand more before i place an order. thanks for any help. :toast:

I can't believe no one caught this!!! AW doesn't make a flat top battery that i'm aware of. Protected or safer chemistry. If your's are indeed "flat tops", you need to replace them as they are not genuine AW brand!!!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I can't believe no one caught this!!! AW doesn't make a flat top battery that i'm aware of. Protected or safer chemistry. If your's are indeed "flat tops", you need to replace them as they are not genuine AW brand!!!
No they don't. Those batteries are an unknown and should be considered unsafe!
Buy your batteries from authorized AW resellers, always.
From AW himself on the candlepowerforum AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 12*
From SuperTManufacturing
From ProVape
or From RTD

There are others, but those are the only ones I know of off the top of my head.
Efest makes a flat top IMR battery, but AW doesn't.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
No they don't. Those batteries are an unknown and should be considered unsafe!
Buy your batteries from authorized AW resellers, always.
From AW himself on the candlepowerforum AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 12*
From SuperTManufacturing
From ProVape
or From RTD

There are others, but those are the only ones I know of off the top of my head.
Efest makes a flat top IMR battery, but AW doesn't.

i can`t believe i got counterfeit batteries!!! i bought them on ebay from a seller with excellent feedback but it just goes to show i should not have looked to ebay for batteries. with that said the batteries charge fine in my nitecore charger and last for 2-3 days in my vamo. i will get new batts for the mod from one of the websites listed above.

thanks all for your input!!!:vapor:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
i can`t believe i got counterfeit batteries!!! i bought them on ebay from a seller with excellent feedback but it just goes to show i should not have looked to ebay for batteries. with that said the batteries charge fine in my nitecore charger and last for 2-3 days in my vamo. i will get new batts for the mod from one of the websites listed above.

thanks all for your input!!!:vapor:

Can you post a pic of your batteries? There are several of us that can tell the counterfeits that have been seen in the past year. If in fact they are, it would be wise to contact the seller and in fact let them know of the counterfeit status. Would need to see pics first though if its not too much trouble.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the real problem is many of the resellers arent aware they are being fed fakes either, they deal with wholesalers who can lead them to believe they are what ever they say they are, just becuase they arent real AW doesnt mean they didnt use a decent cell but the fact remains if you can't be sure whats under the wrapper it is just better to be safe.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
Can you post a pic of your batteries? There are several of us that can tell the counterfeits that have been seen in the past year. If in fact they are, it would be wise to contact the seller and in fact let them know of the counterfeit status. Would need to see pics first though if its not too much trouble.

here they are. 20131222_143902.jpg 20131222_143911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread