Which MOD to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
I just really like the rugged build and rock steady performance. The battery life with new 18650 2000 mah latest me over 50 hrs and I am a med to high vaper. So I guess I can get a days worth out of a mini. The evic with a higher stock mah battery lasted less time per charge than my provari. Btw not trying to up sell the provari and I'm not a provari snob there are a lot of mods I want to try. I want to try gg mech mods. I just love everything bout the Vari. That's what I named her.
::toast::

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
:toast:

Yeah I've always been the type of guy to buy the best of whatever is available at any one time and with ecigs there never seems to be a "best" anything... so many different mod and tank types, as the choice gets better it also gets harder...

I really wanted the eVic for the screen, nothing else looks like it but I figure over time more Mods will catch onto that craze, the plain LCD will bore people after a while I'm sure but in saying that the LCD is basic and fool proof so there will always be a market for it e.g. ProVari.

My only concern with the Mini is the battery life, it wasn't any cheaper than the basic size but I wanted something more compact.

The standard Provari is not that much bigger than the mini. However, I opted for the mini.

When at home, I wanted more battery life. The 18350 wasn't cutting it, for me. As such, I ordered the Twins. It's a telescoping extension for the mini, which allows the use of both the 18490 and 18650 batteries. Love the flexibility of this optional piece.

vagabypa.jpg

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah that is my only concern with the Mini, constantly charging but I bought 2 batteries so when one is out the next one should be ready to go... hopefully :p

Plus they sell the extension cap and the telescopic end like Andy has to fit the larger batteries.

Are there any other major differences between the Mini and the standard size ProVari? If not it would make sense to start with the Mini because at least that way you have the option to go smaller if you wanted to whereas with the standard you are stuck with that size?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Yeah that is my only concern with the Mini, constantly charging but I bought 2 batteries so when one is out the next one should be ready to go... hopefully :p

Plus they sell the extension cap and the telescopic end like Andy has to fit the larger batteries.

Are there any other major differences between the Mini and the standard size ProVari? If not it would make sense to start with the Mini because at least that way you have the option to go smaller if you wanted to whereas with the standard you are stuck with that size?

No, no difference internally between the standard and mini provari. Externally, they have a different design pattern.

Yes, I figured that the mini had more options and flexibility, which the standard sized one doesn't. Besides, I like the look of the tear drops on the mini.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Another Alternative ...

Sigelei Telescoping ZMax V3 Flat-Top
- Stainless Steel, Brushed Finish, Flat-Top Design
- 18350 Mode = SEXY!

Had it for a week now, been working well with no problems.

Yeah I saw that one, looks nice but I was swayed away after seeing PBusardo review knocking the menu as difficult to navigate.

Let us know how it goes in the long run! :vapor:

I have a mini provari v2.5 and I love it. I messed around with the Epic Storm by L-Rider for a little while and was unhappy even compared to the ego C VV battaries. Ever since I got the Provari mini vaping has been an entirely new experience for me. It's definitely expensive but I dont think I'll be buying another APV for a loooong time. Well worth it I think.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
:toast:

Yeah I've always been the type of guy to buy the best of whatever is available at any one time and with ecigs there never seems to be a "best" anything... so many different mod and tank types, as the choice gets better it also gets harder...

I really wanted the eVic for the screen, nothing else looks like it but I figure over time more Mods will catch onto that craze, the plain LCD will bore people after a while I'm sure but in saying that the LCD is basic and fool proof so there will always be a market for it e.g. ProVari.

My only concern with the Mini is the battery life, it wasn't any cheaper than the basic size but I wanted something more compact.
Genoxy interesting purchases,
Don't forget to purchase AW IMR Batteries and a Xtar Wp2 Charger.
You'll need extra spacers for the 18350 Batteries

The Provari is a Hummer. No Flash but deadly reliable.
The Evic is a Fiat very flashy but maybe not the most durable.

You'll need at least 3-4 batteries for the Provari Mini. You won't get very good battery life and will be constantly
changing batteries.

By the way if you haven't already pulled the Trigger. The Itaste MVP is a very good entry to mods. It had the battery built in that will give you 2 1/2 days of vaping and you can charge it using any Micro USB Cable [Like for Non Apple Cel phones]
No battery or charger cost.

When you get bored of this setup.
Look at the Reo Grande Series, or Bogger Box these are bottom feeding systems and very popular with a subsector of the vaping community. The Vmod is a good entry to bottom feeding.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Itaste MVP has under load problems. Where you set it volt wise it's not always there. Saw a review on it. Lots of mods seem to have that problem.

So nitpicky [not you] yes my Itaste Mvp has a voltage drop. The drop is the same every time. So if I want to vape at 4.2 I set it at 4.3 or 4.4.

The PWM filter is flawless. You will get smoother more Provari type of vape with the MVP. The Positives so far outweigh the negatives.

The box is a thinner more elegant shape. Once I bought my MVP all my other devices including my Provari are gathering dust. Until I switched to a Bogger Box Bottom Feeder and Empire 1.8Ohm Atomizer. Now everything else. My Provari, My Zigelei, My Mvp, My Ego C Twist are gathering more dust.!!

By the way as for size.
Provari Sigelei side by side and a MVP in Front
prov_zmax_Front_MVP2.jpg

My 11 year old daughter [Modeling purposes only] Holding it [Womens Size Small]
mhand_21.jpg

Last edited:

Fludrby

Jan 1, 2013
Windsor, SC
Hi everyone,

Been reading quite a bit about Mods and I think I want one, can you please help with some recommendations or info about some of these to help me make a decision? I'm narrowed it down to these 5:

Provari - looks good but expensive! Is it worth it?

Joye eVic - pretty cool but only 5V... will this be a problem? My favourite so far probably because of the screen!

Innokin iTaste SVD - Nice one I think but is it too big?

Sigelei ZMAX - Like the screen but don't know much else

Vamo VV - Don't know anything about it...

I've seen PBusardo reviews on a couple of these but CBF watching for 45 min to find out if good or bad

Can you guys help me? Thank you! :)

I have a Provari, iMotion, and a telescoping K eCig,

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You'll need extra spacers for the 18350 Batteries

You'll need at least 3-4 batteries for the Provari Mini. You won't get very good battery life and will be constantly
changing batteries.

Thanks for the reply Tom, just wanted to ask you about the spacers, did you mean for use with the eVic or the ProVari mini?

To my understanding the 1 x 18350 AW IMR battery should be al thats needed to fit the Mini.

I bought 2 of them so I can alternate between charges but might get another 2 depending how often I need to change, I'm a light vaper and this won't be the one I use out and about, probably use the eVic for that.

Can you also elaborate about bottom feed devices? you don't mean BCC like the EVOD clearos do you?

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The Provari Mini takes 18350 batteries they are short and fat. If you get a optional extender cap you can use a 18490 but it'll be a little bigger.
Depending on the Charger you are using the 18350 may be too short to reach the end.
with the xtar wpII I need to use 2 spacers per side to fit the 18350
I took one spacer off so you could see that the battery won't reach up enough without a second spacer.
xtar_bat_short.jpg

Bottom feeders are box mods that have a bottle of juice underneath and you squeeze the bottle to
shoot liquid up into the Atomizer. The Most famous bottom feeder is the Reo Grande by reograndemods the
bottom feeder I own is the vv bogger box boggerboxmods.com. A cheap entry level box is the Vapeage vmod xl [When on sale]

I've taken a picture to demonstrate.
Pic 1 is the Box from a diagonal so you can see the bottle and how it can be squonked.
bogger20.jpg

P2
On the right side are the stacked batteries
on the left is the 8ml Bottle. If you look you'll see a tube coming out of the
bottle where the juice is pumped into the atomizer.
Naturally this is only one configuration of bottom feeder there are many more
inside_bogger.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread