Status
Not open for further replies.

smilin0117

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Northwood OH (NW OH)
OK guys I need help!

I have been vaping the eGo for a little over a month, love it. Got the wetbox, love it. Also tried a LR atty on the eGo...not sure if I got a bad one or if its just not broken in yet, but I didnt see what all the fuss was about.

I guess I just feel like i'm missing something. I think i want to step it up a notch. I have been watching reviews, reading reviews, trying to understand it all.

I'm not sure if i want another 3.7v device, 5v, variable or one that can do two different volts. I looked at the Buzz, Omega, Silver Bullet, BB, and several others. (they all look great by the way--just not sure what direction to go next)

Was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out. Just feeling a little overwhelmed after all the reading over the last couple days.

Thanks everyone--

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I really like my Prodigy V2 and my Protege.

Between the two I favor the Prodigy. They're were switch issues, but after polishing the contact disk it hasn't misfired once. However they moved onto the V3 which is 6 volts, and I really prefer 5 volts... But with an atty thats 3 ohms or higher 6 volts would probably be fine.

I know I was thinking about getting a Buzz because 5 seems a tad bit much at times. I'm sure if I had one I would tweak it to around 4.5 volts.

Its all a matter of preference really. They're all quality devices... Silver Bullet, Prodigy, Chuck, BB, etc. I just went with the Prodigy because it came with everything I needed for a pretty decent price.

In the end theres really not much difference because they're all built solidly and they all pretty much run off of RCR123A batteries.

Last edited:

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I really like my 5v GLV-1. The GLV-2 is out now and looks fantastic! Part of the reason I like it so much is the offset atty connection. It's just different. The pieces are all modular, so they can be customized and you can get different head caps to run 3.7, 5, and 6v.

The BB will be a solid mod too, and is probably still one of the best designed, built, and styled PV's out there.

Ultimately, you'll probably never be content with just one mod...it's an addiction I tell ya!

d_g

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
I've got the Chuck, Xhaler and Tekkeon Charger mod. Hands down I'd buy the Tekkeon Charger mod out of all those. Its 5 volts, last 3 or 4 days on a charge, and is smaller and more concealable than the pictures seem. Shorter than the other two mods.

BUT, I too felt as though I was missing something with vaping. I figured out the missing element was having the RIGHT juice. For me, hands down, I gotta have Atomic Cinnacide or Cinnabomb from TastyVapor and VaporBomb. It fills that void of heat that a cig has, and I'm addicted to it.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
What's the difference between an enthusiast and a fan-boy? Well, not much, really. If I want to go for disturbingly high voltages then I can stick 2 3.7 cr2s in my Mako Midi. If I want a lovely vape on 3.7v then the Mako Maxi on a 14650. If I want to go out then the Janty Stick v3 with a TAWA KBC atty works well. If I'm gardening then the Stick V2 goes out with me. If I want a cigarette then its an Evo. Horses for courses. Sometimes I use a DSE-103 atty on a passthrough - and it's great! New things come and go - finding the right vape for what you're doing today is what it's all about.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Ok, I have a Saber Touch and it is awesome at 6V. I vape mostly all Tasty Vapor juices and they vape incredibly well at 6V. Great Vapor, Flavor, and a nice Throat Hit! That being said, I would get a 5V version to try if I had the money. Unfortunately, I cannot afford another mod. :(

I have been pleased with the Saber Touch from Vapormoon.com. But I agree 100% with a previous posted, the JUICE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!!! Try out Tasty Vapor, I do not think you will ever go anywhere else again, especially if you are vaping at 6V like I am.

Good Luck!

CV :2cool:

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Ok, I have a Saber Touch and it is awesome at 6V. I vape mostly all Tasty Vapor juices and they vape incredibly well at 6V. Great Vapor, Flavor, and a nice Throat Hit! That being said, I would get a 5V version to try if I had the money. Unfortunately, I cannot afford another mod. :(

I have been pleased with the Saber Touch from Vapormoon.com. But I agree 100% with a previous posted, the JUICE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!!! Try out Tasty Vapor, I do not think you will ever go anywhere else again, especially if you are vaping at 6V like I am.

Good Luck!

CV :2cool:

I agree. My all day vape isn't necessarily my favorite flavor. I tend to vape RY2 from My Freedom Smokes because it's all PG and I get tons of vapor.

If I want to sit back and relax I'll puff on some Tasty Vapor Tobacco at 3.7... at 5 volts the flavor is gone and tends to burn easily.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Well I switch between my ego with TW LR Atty or my newly purchased saber touch 5volt mod I got off the classifieds with a 510 cartomizer I love the 5 volt for me 6 volt I think would be too strong some swear by 6v but I'm afraid it would kill the flavor 5 seems to be my sweet spot. Vapormoon sells. The saber touch or check the classifieds!

Snipper

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Adelaide
markimar said:
Well I switch between my ego with TW LR Atty or my newly purchased saber touch 5volt mod I got off the classifieds with a 510 cartomizer I love the 5 volt for me 6 volt I think would be too strong some swear by 6v but I'm afraid it would kill the flavor 5 seems to be my sweet spot. Vapormoon sells. The saber touch or check the classifieds!

The Saber touch 5v and some quality liquid would be the most enjoyable mix out of all the other 3.7v and 6v devices I have.

It really does not get much better then this. I had to drop my nic level because i could not take it out of my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread